1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

A Joke For Today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamie jackson, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlanUrhen

AlanUrhen Trusted Member

Thought I’d ad one.

some people ask about my irrational fears. I tell them I have a fear of speed bumps. I’m slowly getting over it

2. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Great come back! What was his response?

curiousFred likes this.
  3. zzzhuh

zzzhuh Account Deleted

I asked my North Korean friend how it was there, he said he couldn't complain.

curiousFred, Dane, Brutus58 and 3 others like this.
  4. slisse

slisse Moderator Staff Member

Millions of years ago, there was no such thing as the wheel.

The only way to move things was by carrying or dragging.

One day, some primitive guys were watching their wives drag a dead mastodon to the food preparation area.

It was exhausting work.

The guys were getting tired just WATCHING.

Then they noticed some large, smooth, rounded boulders and they had an idea.

They could sit on the boulders and watch!

This was the first in a series of breakthroughs that ultimately led to television.

5. whitecoffee1

whitecoffee1 Moderator Staff Member

This actually sounds plausibel.

curiousFred, Brutus58 and slisse like this.
  6. londonboy49

londonboy49 Trusted.Member

Allan, a mechanic, was removing a cylinder head from a Harley-Davidson motorbike, when he spotted a world-famous heart surgeon in his garage. The heart surgeon was waiting for the service manager to come and take a look at his bike.Allan shouted across the garage, 'Hey Doc can I ask you a question?' The famous surgeon, a bit surprised, walked over to Allan. Allan straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked, 'So Doc, look at this engine. I also can open hearts, take valves out, fix'em, put in new parts and when I finish this will work just like a new one. So how come I work for a pittance and you get the really big money, when you and I are doing basically the same work?'The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over and whispered in Allan's ear, 'Try doing it with the engine running.'

Djole, curiousFred, Brutus58 and 4 others like this.
  7. londonboy49

'Doctor Mayo,' John says, 'Whenever I get up after a sleep, I feel dizzy for half an hour, then I'm all right.''Then wait for half an hour before getting up,' replies Doctor Mayo conclusively.

Brutus58, slisse, Neophyte and 2 others like this.
  8. londonboy49

Iain speaks frantically into the phone, 'My wife is pregnant, and her contractions are only two minutes apart.''Is this her first child?' the doctor queries.'No, you idiot.' Iain shouts. 'This is her husband.'

aman6, curiousFred, Brutus58 and 5 others like this.
  9. slisse

The mother of a 18-year-old girl was concerned that her daughter was having sex.

Worried the girl might become pregnant and adversely impact the family status, she consulted the family doctor.

The doctor told her that teenagers today were very willful and any attempt to stop the girl would probably result in rebellion.

He then told her to arrange for her daughter to be put on birth control and until then, talk to her and give her a box of condoms.

Later that evening, as her daughter was preparing for a date, the mother told her about the situation and handed her a box of condoms.

The girl burst out laughing and reached over to hug her mother, saying, “Oh Mom! You do not have to worry about that! I am dating Susan!”

Djole, aman6, curiousFred and 3 others like this.
  10. londonboy49

A lad asked his mom if he was adopted. She said, “Not yet, but we placed an ad.”

Djole, aman6, china99uk and 6 others like this.
  11. londonboy49

What's the difference between a fisherman and a schoolboy?
    One baits his hooks, the other hates his books.

curiousFred, slisse, Brutus58 and 2 others like this.
  12. londonboy49

Two schoolboys are talking to each other. One of them says that after school ends, he'll have to go shopping with his parents, because they need to buy some things.

The other boy says: "And I don't, because now we have everything we need".

The first one asks him: "How do you know"?

He answers: "Because yesterday Dad came home in a Corvette convertible, and Mom said "Goddamnit, Chris, that's the last thing we needed!"

13. londonboy49

Teacher: Class, we will have only half a day of school this morning.
    Class: Hooray!
    Teacher: We will have the other half this afternoon.

14. londonboy49

Stevie: Hey, Mom, I got a hundred in school today!
    Mom: That’s great. What in?
    Stevie: A 40 in Reading and a 60 in Spelling.

aman6, curiousFred, slisse and 3 others like this.
  15. slisse

Two IT guys were chatting in a pub after work.

"Guess what, mate," says the first IT guy, "yesterday, I met this gorgeous blonde girl in a bar."

"What did you do?" asks the other IT guy.

"Well, I invited her over to my place, we had a couple of drinks, we got into the mood and then she suddenly asked me to take all her clothes off."

"You are kidding me!" says the second IT guy.

"I took her miniskirt off, and then I lifted her and put her on my desk, next to my new laptop."

"Really? You got a new laptop?"

16. slisse

A young engaged couple were getting some prenuptial counseling from their minister.

The husband-to-be asked, "Is it okay to have sex before the wedding?"

The minister replied, "No. It might delay the ceremony."

17. slisse

A lady went to a pet shop.

"I would like to buy two yellow canaries," she told the owner.

"We do not have any canaries, but we have these," the owner said, as he showed the lady some pale green parakeets.

"That is not what I am looking for," the lady stated.

But the pet store owner refused to give up.

He said, "Just think of them as yellow canaries that are not quite ripe yet."

18. londonboy49

19. londonboy49

When I went to lunch today, I noticed an old man sitting on a park bench sobbing his eyes out. I stopped and asked him what was wrong.
    He told me, 'I have a 22 year old wife at home. She rubs my back every morning and then gets up and makes me pancakes, sausage, fresh fruit and freshly ground coffee.'
    I continued, 'Well, then why are you crying?'
    He added, 'She makes me homemade soup for lunch and my favourite biscuits, cleans the house and then watches sports TV with me for the rest of the afternoon.'
    I said, 'Well, why are you crying?'
    He said, 'For dinner she makes me a gourmet meal with wine and my favourite dessert and then we cuddle until the small hours.'
    I inquired, 'Well then, why in the world would you be crying?'
    He replied, 'I can't remember where I live.'

Djole, SecretWishes, aman6 and 8 others like this.
  20. slisse

A minister in a little church had been having trouble with the collections.

One Sunday he announced, "Now, before we pass the collection plate, I would like to request that the person who stole the chickens from Brother Martin his henhouse please refrain from giving any money to the Lord.”

“The Lord does not want money from a thief!"

The collection plate was passed around, and for the first time in months everybody gave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.