1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by buffyfan, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I have yet to see a gun walk down a street and kill anyone without a person wielding it. It takes HUMAN legs and HANDS. Same with a hammer. brick or a baseball bat. It takes a person to kill a person regardless of the "tool" or "implement" used. What about the drug dealers pushing drugs and getting people hooked? I have yet to see Fentanyl "pushing" itself without the help of a person "pushing" it.

2. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

That is half the same/half not. Unless someone is using the Fentanyl to kill someone else without consent? It is not apples to apples. I am full 2nd Supporter BTW. But, as Mila points out, if someone ODs? That is different than if someone goes into a public place and opens fire.

Incs likes this.
  3. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

You can't OD unless someone supplies it. Someone is responsible for the death even if it's by dealing drugs. I don't see the difference between "mass murder" by gun or "mass murder" by dealing drugs. To me they are one and the same. Drug dealers should be given the death penalty too.

4. buffyfan

Still a bad argument. It is the old "They would FIND a way to kill people as fast with.....". A hammer, bat, knife (unless they have hundreds of balanced throwing blades and enough training to do it accurately), or anything else does not have he ability to kill multiple people a minute from a distance. And before you try the "they can use a bomb". Every time a mass death bombing happens? And it is home made? We BAN the ingredients to the public or regulate them heavily. We cant regulate guns to that level. But we can stop with the "Red Flag Laws are a SLIPPERY SLOPE to them taking all the guns away from us!". Registration? Tells us who SHOULD have had that gun. The 2nd does not say "the right to bear arms. And sell it to whomever you choose privately with no record at any time". Gun Show Sales are an issue. Buying 10 of the identical brand new weapon from the Gun Shop because "I am a collector"? Sounds a lot like BS. Who is collecting 10 identical brand new glocks. That sounds a lot like "Buy them clearing a BG check to sell later without one".

5. buffyfan

But there-in lies the difference. We are NOT prosecuting the Gun Store for the death. We are prosecuting the shooter. We are prosecuting the person shooting. That is where the flaw in the argument is.

By the way. The Fentanyl processes start in China and India, not Mexico. Mexico is an entry point for it, yes. Just like Canada. And India shipping here. China shipping here. Want to stop the flow totally? Commerce will grind to a halt. ALL containers checked top to bottom end to end. Produce will rot. Goods will get here slower. That is the trade off.

Then again, we could build a wall, up patrols, 100 other thing on the Southern Border. Know what is not there? A force field down to the core of the earth. These people tunneled Chapo out of jail. TX law enforcement, AZ, NM, CA find tunnels weekly if not daily and close/collapse them. Find more the next day/week. Not to mention, unless we have literally agents every few hundred yards on the coast? They can just use the water and land on beaches not "Official Ports". The solution is more bodies and more technology. Not walls and "crackdowns are coming" speeches.

6. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

You have such bad faith...
    No, guns won't take a walk and kill people. But PEOPLE with GUNS CAN kill people.
    People using Fentanyl ONLY KILLS THEMSELVES. Yes, the dealers are evil and all, but still, in the end, its the person taking the drugs that's doing it. But a gun? Any crazy guy with a gun can cause a massacre. Just look at what happened today, during the US National Day. A lunatic with a gun killed a bunch of people.
    That is the difference.
    One only harm oneself. The other can do A LOT OF VICTIMS

7. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Molly Ivins said:
    “I am not anti-gun. I'm pro-knife. Consider the merits of the knife. In the first place, you have to catch up with someone in order to stab him. A general substitution of knives for guns would promote physical fitness. We'd turn into a whole nation of great runners. Plus, knives don't ricochet. And people are seldom killed while cleaning their knives.”

8. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

The point I was making is guns do not kill by themselves. People kill people (unless mauled by an animal). A gun is a "tool" nothing more, nothing less. In China knives and axes are the preferred "tools" for "mass murder". I have yet to see an axe kill someone by it's self. If someone is killed by a piece of pipe was that death caused by "pipe violence". Of course not. IT IS VIOLENCE PERIOD! Not even "pipe violence". Just violence. Gun violence is just a "fabricated" talking point to push a political agenda. Why isn't MSM talking about all the Fentanyl flooding our nation, because a great deal of the drug comes from China and, well

9. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

The gun is a 'tool' designed for ONE purpose; killing.
    And if the MSM talk about guns, its because its a problem that COULD be solved, but that a part of the population refuse to, because "Its my right to own a gun!!!"

10. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Anyone can SLOWLY walk up to you and slash your throat either from the front or from behind. No running needed. It's been done on New York city streets in broad daylight.

11. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

You, again, fail to see the point, or just refuse to see it

12. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

The thing is, with a knife, you have to really want to kill someone to do so. With a gun, you can accidently shoot, and kill someone. You can shoot somewhere, the bullet ricochet, and you kill someone.

13. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

A gun is a tool that can be used for evil (murder), for hunting. competition or self defense (no one dies or even injured), the criminal is held at gun point 'till the police arrive. Of course self defense can result in death, not always.

14. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I could easily say the same thing.

15. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

WHAT !!?? That's BS and you know it! Or am I misreading what you just wrote?

The suing party ALWAYS goes after the gun manufacturing company and the licensed sellers as participators of the crime.
    You of all people know that.

Brutus58 likes this.
  16. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

That person should get the death penalty. The same as if that person drove a car into a parade and killed scores of people. Drug dealers FIRST get the addict to become addicted. That's where I draw the distinction between accidental OD and a premeditated campaign to get someone so hooked just to have a "clients". You know they will OD sooner or later.

17. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

The killing is applied many times to the saving of one's family. But you And the media will always ignore that life saving point.

Have you not read what I posted before??

I hope and pray you don't have killers trying to break in your house like I did.

My "evil" guns saved me and my family's lives.

If we lived in the world you want, I'd probably be dead.

How many times must a person be told that if you take away the guns of the law abiding citizen, only the criminals will have guns?

But you know what? That time of no killings will come,but you will be a part of it in a way you don't want.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2022
    Brutus58 likes this.
  18. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Hunting = killing animals. It does involve KILLING.

19. borabora

borabora Moderator Staff Member

308. mass shooting in the United States this year

The exact number of dead and wounded is likely to change. But according to the local newspaper /Chicago Sun-Times/,
    at least nine others had lost their lives in shootings in Chicago over the weekend. 57 wounded.

July 4 is an American holiday where Americans usually grill, bathe and drink beer.
    Chicago has with the suburbs about nine million inhabitants.

According to the Gun Violence Archive , it is the 308th mass shooting in the United States this year
    in which four or more have been hit by gunfire.

pussycat likes this.
  20. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

308 Mass Shooting this year? And its not even finished. You'll finish the year with more Mass Shooting than Days in the year...
    And people say there's are no "gun problem" in USA...

Incs likes this.