1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by buffyfan, Apr 13, 2020.

1. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

I can argue that the Founders did not expect people to think they are allowed to carry, at the time, flintlock pistols into Congress in their coat. Or a court room.

Lian likes this.
  2. Scfsecret4

Scfsecret4 Trusted Member

I am not a fan of registration and I'm a huge 2nd amendment supporter. It's important for a people to have the ability to defend themselves against foreign and domestic tyranny. That goes for everyone in america. People are going to do bad things, having a gun doesnt change that.

UpNorthChris likes this.
  3. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

In the U.S., domestic tyranny is the greater danger. It looks like a conflict will rise between the People and the Government.

4. Neophyte

5. buffyfan

Because, as a show the entire right will dismiss because he is liberal? On Mr. Iglesias? The US only really has an immediate threat if Mexico or Canada land attacks. We have multiple thousand mile MOAT called the Atlantic and now the Pacific from the rest of the world.

6. Scfsecret4

Scfsecret4 Trusted Member

Thats if our leadership doesnt pit us against each other first. Its crazy how we've been separated over these past few years. If it's not an "us vs them" issue, then it's not an issue that's talked about.

7. Neophyte

You are arguing my point that Domestic Tyranny is the greatest threat that the U.S. is going to face. I have no idea what you were trying to say with your first sentence.

8. Neophyte

9. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

To put things in context (regarding the blogger linked to above)

tom grieve.JPG

Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
  10. buffyfan

I have had people on the right dismiss Gabe Iglesias's entire show because he is not "Conservative" therefore "wrong".

The ONLY serious threat is domestic.

Dan_R likes this.
  11. hornyhell

hornyhell Trusted Member

Yes felons should be able to own firearms as we have given the punishment.

It's nobody's business what I have in my home if I can afford it I should own it. That includes a tank but not saying I should be able to drive it.

12. buffyfan

"Shall Not Be Infringed". Not "Shall Not Be Infringed, except by Due Process". This was the most detailed Amendment. If they meant "Due Process" exceptions they would not have used "Shall not"

13. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Tyranny is coming, there is a risk Trump rise to power

14. Neophyte

Some states allow ex-felons to buy long arms, but not pistols. There has been lawsuits to try to change this.