1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

For Those Texans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamie jackson, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whenindoubtwhipitout

whenindoubtwhipitout Trusted.Member

Yes, the pure cane sugar version came out of the Dublin Texas plant. There are a few select grocery stores that carry it. I even sent some in a care package to the middle east back in 2006 when my son deployed to Kirkuk.

kool69 likes this.
  2. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

Jim,

I've just been watching the CNN out here where I am on the other side of the Atlantic to you...(and then a bit more east)....are you poor buggers getting MORE rain......in Webster, Tx...?

Cheers

longing4sis likes this.
  3. whenindoubtwhipitout

Forecast is for 6 to 12 inches of rain in the DFW area tonight.

4. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Yes Akbloke, we have been getting even more rain. Tropical Storm heading in our direction. They are talking about 6 to 10 inches of rain. That's 13.5 cm. To 25 cm. Of rain. If that happens I am stuck here again. Think that tomorrow morning I am heading to town for supplies. Milk, coffee, sugar, gas and a bottle of snake bite medicine. West Texas is dry but deep east Texas is very wet. Seems like the storms like to travel along the Texas/Louisiana border.

We are about 400 km. from Webster, Texas straight north.

J.S.

longing4sis likes this.
  5. longing4sis

longing4sis Trusted Member

Right there with you Jim, keep your head up.

6. Ben_Ante

Ben_Ante Account Deleted

Everyone drive safe & be safe! I'm staying in and not doin shit for the rest of the night.

7. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

To change the subject and still be on Texas. I just saw a clip on Animal Planet for the show Finding Bigfoot. This coming show will be in the area around where the lake cabin is on Caddo Lake. There have been a number of sightings of a big hairy creature in and around Caddo Lake. I have heard stories about Bigfoot from some of the old timers . One of the stories takes place just about a mile or 2 km. from the cabin. The way I heard it a Bigfoot terrorized a family by looking thru the window of there house. Not once but for a period of weeks.

Never have seen one am not a disbeliever. When I do see one then I will have a real story to tell. The program will air this next Sunday at 9:00 P.M. on the Animal Planet channel.

J.S.

longing4sis likes this.
  8. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

Sounds interesting Jim. I can see where they would be concerned about anything like that looking through their windows. We used to get that programm about finding Bigfoot,....Yetti, ...Yeowie, ...whatever you want to call it. Maybe sometime in the future I might get to see it.

Get your supplies and stay safe.

Cheers

9. whenindoubtwhipitout

10. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Ok folks it's going to be flooding down in Texas again. We got 4 inches of rain in 2 hours this morning again. That's 10 cm. of the wet stuff. Garden was covered in water and don't even want to look at the road. Just sitting here drinking coffee and watching the news on TV. Can't do much else.

J.S.

longing4sis likes this.
  11. whenindoubtwhipitout

11181322_10152872587886003_4745051558964903376_n.jpg
    Need More Magazines.............

kool69 and longing4sis like this.
  12. texasj65

texasj65 Deviant Extraordinaire

I'll help you thin that problem out

13. whenindoubtwhipitout

Johnny Nitzinger has given so much of his soul playing his guitar for y'all through the years. He has given so much to Texas Music. Johnny isn't doing well. It's time for the payback. Please come join us June 28th at 2:00 pm until! It will be a great time of fun and music at Fat Daddy's in Mansfield Texas.

jim stone likes this.
  14. londonboy49

londonboy49 Account Deleted

Something to cheer you along while you watch the rain ....

[​IMG]

kool69, longing4sis and jim stone like this.
  15. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Johnny is a friend Whenindoubt and yes I am a planning to be at the benefit. Talked to Judy yesterday and he has been back and forth to doctors. Doing better but she doesn't know If he will be able to be there. He has lost a lot of weight and his feet have been giving him problems. It's a shame as he is one of the three founding fathers of the modern Texas blues. Bugs Henderson is gone, Stevie Ray Vaughn is not with us. When Johnny is gone there is the end of a era. I was lucky and got to meet and be friends with two of them.

Fingers in the Fan, Louisiana Cock Fight are two of his best. Really like his rendition of Big legged Women.

J.S.

kool69 likes this.
  16. whenindoubtwhipitout

"Mama if they put your brain on a razor blade it would look like a BB rolling down a 4 lane highway". Good stuff. Yes, Bugs was good. Any time Ted Nugent was in town look for where Bugs was playing. Chances are they would hook up and jam at a local club. I would like to go but the wife just had a surgery this week. She has her own battle but she is Texas tough.

kool69 likes this.
  17. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Whenindoubt give her thoughts and prayers from deep east Texas. Bugs lived about 25 miles from me. Got a invite to his place for a afternoon to visit. Bugs and Miss Patty were gracious host. We talked swapped stories ate a little lunch. Invited them to Caddo but Bugs found out that he had cancer about two weeks later. It never happened dang I hated that. He was a very good guitarist. Started with Mouse and the Traps. Ended with The Shuffle Kings. Got to see him with Linda Warring. One of the best drummers I ever heard. As a twist of fate Linda was Bugs drummer for years. She lives in Johnny and Judy Nitzinger's guest house. Stuck my head in and said howdy the last time I was at Johnny's. Linda health is not all that good as she is having some heart issues. Poor Judy has to look after Johnny and Linda.

Now I heard that Rusty Burns from Point Blank is going to have to go thru chemotherapy. It's darn scary for some of us old geezers. Seems as if age is finally catching up with us and not in a good way.

J.S.

whenindoubtwhipitout likes this.
  18. whenindoubtwhipitout

11159963_1615397608699740_121044980999540306_n.jpg
    The first time I heard of Linda was in the last year and then saw her on the local PBS station that had a special called "When Dallas Rocked". I checked out her work on youtube and was impressed. The most important thing in a medical situation like this is to keep positive and fight. The wife was told 8 years ago by two doctors she only had 6 months. She said BS, got another set of doctors and beat it. This new cancer although on the brain is related. They got it all last week, just have to go through treatment again. The prognosis is good since she beat it before. Best advise I can give to anyone in these situations is to stay positive and stay away from people that are not. You got to get mad, fight and keep the faith.

kool69, jim stone and longing4sis like this.
  19. whenindoubtwhipitout

20. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Us Texicans are a tough breed. Just like the longhorns cattle. Then we are people like Audie Murphy, Red Adair, Angar "Boots" Hanson and Ed "Coots" Matthews. These are some of our modern toughest. You don't get much better than them. It took real guts to get their jobs done. The deal is that most Texans are the same way. Self reliant, and rugged individuals. These are qualities that give us our mark of distinction. Maybe something that the rest of the states forgot about. Something to think about.

J.S.

kool69 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.