1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

For Those Texans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamie jackson, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Ain't that the truth. Today got in to the garden. Neighbor came over and helped prepare the ground and we got the tomatoes and peppers planted. Found some tomatoes and the hot peppers survived. Got them weeded. Neighbor Will be back tomorrow and will plant the rest. Looking better now that the rain has ended.

J.S.

Akbloke and whenindoubtwhipitout like this.
  2. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

Good to hear that you garden has a least, partially survived Jim. Did your home come through as well...ie did you get flooded? or where you high and dry during all of the rain ?

Cheers

3. whenindoubtwhipitout

whenindoubtwhipitout Trusted.Member

11401214_10152946545117894_8220761215082544937_n.jpg Saturday night at JerryWorld.....

kool69 likes this.
  4. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Akbloke the house sits on a rise and it was high a dry. Lake cabin did see water up to the floor boards. Thought I would have to replace the floor. After taking a look at it seems that we might have gotten lucky and not have to . This cabin is owned by more than just me so when the other parties get here and it dries out more we will have to climb under it and check the floor joists. Dang hate to do that never know I might meet a snake.

J.S.

5. whenindoubtwhipitout

6. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

Jim, how is your part of the State doing now....I hope that you are all starting to dry out and your garden is recovering..??

Cheers

7. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Akbloke we are ok right here. East of us around the northeast part of Texas and northwest Louisiana the Red River is at flood stage. Worst flooding in over 70 years. Million dollar homes are flooded out very sad. My homestead is drying out quickly. Road is now passable all is right with the world. The garden is growing and will put in more tomatoes and peppers within the next couple of days. Beans, okra, and cucumbers are up and growing. The Indian garden goes in next week. The Indian garden is where we plant corn, beans, and squash together they are called the three sisters. Thanks for thinking about us Texans.

Jim Stone

8. whenindoubtwhipitout

9. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

That Whenindoubt is known as a Hall's groaner. Old man Hall always told jokes like that and people around town got to calling them Hall's groaners. Cute but obvious. Thanks for the groaner.

J.S.

10. whenindoubtwhipitout

11. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Just got back from a one day trip to Dallas to see my step grandchildren and three great step grandchildren. What fun being with them. We met in north Dallas at Lake Lewisville. Couldn't get out on the lake so spend most of the time in toy stores, sporting goods stores, pizza parlors, and the pool at the motel that I sprung for. Yes I spent some money and it was worth every penny I spent. Their Midwest step grandpa was ok in their eyes. They ask their parents why their other grandparents weren't as fun as grandpa Jim. Hopefully the grandkids learned a little that even a old geezer can have a good time and age is just a number. Well I told them it was a Texas thing. Where everyone can have fun. And yes we did go thru a case of Dr. Pepper, three bags of chips, a package of Oreo's, and a bag of trail mix.

Just imagine me with my 4 year old great step grandchild having a 20 minute conversation on Sponge Bob square pants.

Jim Stone

12. annab2

annab2 Trusted Member"It ain't pretty being easy!"

As well, as the establishment of the "Beeve's Corridor" which ran from central Mexico through the plains states into the great Canadian bread basket. We, as North American's ate rather well until recent changes were made causing the near death of the cattle market.

longing4sis likes this.
  13. whenindoubtwhipitout

14. annab2

Senor Doubtwhip, I've been there and have done that! :(:);):D

15. annab2

...and, still Champion of the World! DR PEPPER!! :D;)

longing4sis likes this.
  16. longing4sis

longing4sis Trusted Member

Hell Yea!!!! DR PEPPER is still Champion and will always be.

annab2 likes this.
  17. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Born in Texas and it will live here forever. Dr. Pepper Forever Forever Dr. Pepper. When I first moved down here it came in 3 litter bottles. It was the only cold drink that did.

J.S.

longing4sis likes this.
  18. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Born in Texas and it will live forever in Texas. Dr.Pepper Forever, Forever Dr.Pepper. When I first moved down here it came in 3 liter bottles. It was the only cold drink that did.

Here is a little something from the web on the most beloved cold drink in Texas. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr_Pepper

Jim Stone

longing4sis likes this.
  19. longing4sis

Thanks Jim that link was pretty cool.

20. longing4sis

Has anyone tasted the Dr Pepper that is made with cane sugar? I have and I found that I prefer the one made with the high fructose corn syrup. That is just what I grew up with and was used to. The one with sugar wasn't bad it was just different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.