1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Would you go back to the 70s or 80s?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rubber Ducky, Nov 30, 2020.

?

Would you go back?

1. Yes, I would

15 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No, I would not

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. I buy a DMC Delorean and call myself Marty McFly

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CinAndTonic

CinAndTonic Trusted Member

The 70's and 80's were before my time but here's my two cents (not a lot of money in today's economy, I know).

I speculate that the people saying they would go back to that time have personal nostalgia for it. It's the world they grew up in. I'm still relatively young but there are aspects of my youthier youth I miss too.

For example, I remember seeing current popular TV shows and movies about teens when I was a teen. They did capture some of my and my friends' experiences which made them relatable. Seeing them again today, I remember those days but notice a lot of stuff is romanticized, other things glossed over, and a lot of boring and horrible stuff removed completely.

I imagine TV shows and movies I've seen about the 70's and 80's being the same way. I like watching them and there are several aspects I find appealing, but it's probably mostly a caricature of what it was really like. With my personal life experience and what I grew up with (like others have mentioned, internet, etc.), I would not go back to the 70's or 80's, much like I bet most who would go back that time would also not want to go back to the 50's.

2. JamesBiM

JamesBiM Trusted Member

I would go back to the 70's and 80's from time to time mostly to help my younger self (maybe even fuck my younger self) but I wouldn't want to stay.

3. BulateKing

BulateKing Trusted Member

Hell no! If I go back at least in 80's for sure im nothing but maybe in 90's. I realy miss the time hanging out with friends everyone talking not topping on their mobile phone

4. Iciey

Iciey Trusted Member

80s because I like the music more.

5. addictedparrot

addictedparrot Trusted Member

It would be cool to listen to Slayer for the first time again for sure

6. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

What kind of "wood"? Would that be "morning wood"? (Big SMILEY emoji)

Akbloke likes this.
  7. clemaster2

clemaster2 Trusted Member

I'd love to go to the 70's, because sex was freer then.

8. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I remember the 60's as the age of free love.

9. Justhappend

Justhappend Trusted Member

Yes I would
    So I could get my sister to fall in love with me and we can play our naughty games again

Brutus58 and Xr4ti like this.
  10. Xr4ti

Xr4ti Sister lover

I loved the way my sister looked in those sexy 80’s cloths also the way she did her hair.
    When I see pictures from the 80’s I remember how sexy my sister was back the ( she is also still very sexy now)

Brutus58 and Justhappend like this.
  11. Gina38

Gina38 New Member

Told the 80s was the decade by everyone i ever met who lived thru it so must be something to it

Ausstde likes this.
  12. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

I'm picking the 70's then just hanging around afterwards. :)
    No social media to record how silly we must have looked ! disco.gif

Enjoyed both way more than now, but hard to compare because I was single thru the 70's and married thru the 80's.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    Dane likes this.
  13. Miharu Kuroda

Miharu Kuroda Trusted.Member

Something I failed to mention in my first post on this thread is the people I'd like to either retroactively date or have sex with. Firstly, I must say I'd obligatorily hook up with my own past mother. I've seen some old photos and she was a cutie at 18 thru her early twenties. The following is the top 5 girls and top 5 guys that I would have liked to be with in no particular order:

Women

• Beverly D'Angelo
    • Cyndi Lauper
    • Lea Thompson
    • Bonnie Tyler
    • Whitney Houston
    Men
    • David Bowie
    • Boy George
    • Anthony Kiedis
    • Brad Pitt
    • Johnny Depp