1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Woke Culture

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Oct 14, 2022.

1. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Disney, meaning Kennedy and the highers, told her to stop posting that. They had unilateral power to interpret. "Everyone else" arguments, from what I can find? Are either old posts for Conservative or Liberal. Again. Disney. Has. Unilateral power. Unilateral power. If they feel she hurt the brand? And she agreed, unless she had the contract summarized to her and signed it anyway, to those term. "It damages us. We said stop. She did not." lets them fire her.

2. SisterLover88

SisterLover88 Trusted.Member

Disney fired her for someone else's interpretation? I feel like if anything, they would conduct their own investigation and come to the conclusion that she should njblonger be employed.

Free speech is being able to say what you want. It means you can't be arrested (with a few exceptions). It doesn't mean you are safe from consequences. You can post racist things on twitter but twitter is within its rights to ban you from their platform. In the same way you can yell racist things in a shop but they can still kick you out the shop.

3. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Disney wanted to get rid of her because she wouldn't bow down to Disney's beliefs. They used the excuse of her posting inflammatory posts as the reason for the firing. Disney didn't care what the posts actually said, they only cared that someone was offended no matter if they had cause to be offended.

4. Neophyte

Disney tried to hire Gina back, saying all is forgiven. But Gina said no way in hell am I coming back to work for Disney.

5. Neophyte

6. Neophyte

7. Neophyte

8. Neophyte

9. Neophyte

10. Neophyte

11. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Its not the Left, its some people. Stop with the American Paranoia against the Left

12. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you". That's a quote from a doctor I used to work with. No, he isn't a psychiatrist.

13. Lian

Lian Friendly One

It still doesnt make the Left what you think it is

14. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Doesn't make the right/conservatives what you think it is either.

15. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Well, here in Canada, we do get a REAL education on what's the Left and what's the Right, so I dare say I know it more than you do

16. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Thank you for the lesson on the Canadian education system. Our education come from left wing liberal nut jobs. No wonder our country is going shit. Some of us our trying to stop it or least slow it down.

17. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Again, you say Left. Yet, you dont know the real meaning of the Left.

18. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Or maybe I know better than you give me credit for.

19. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Lian, Brutus, don't deteriorate into "the left/the right" please, let's have an intelligent discussion. You're both intelligent people, let's act like it.

Lian likes this.
  20. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Actually I was just going to say "lets agree to disagree" and leave it at that. What say you Lian? Just leave it at agree to disagree?