1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

whats yalls thoughts on religion?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by guido pion, Dec 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

And who protects the Muslims from hte Christians extremists?

2. Odette

Odette No one can convey what they do not feel

Okay, since I'm the one who changed the subject and I'm only talking about the Catholic religion, I propose a new topic. Islam is correct to you?

3. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

I am fine with Islam. I did tell some of the problems with Islam a bit earlier, after all.
    All I ask is not to get into xenophobia or islamophobia, to be respectful. Not to judge all muslims because of teh extremists. Just like you want people to respect Christians and not the extremists.

4. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Also, a litle quote from Karl Marx if I am allowed:

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

5. Odette

I mean, comments of that kind can we not make about Islam?

6. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

That's what I said. I don't like when people just talk about the extremists. I know many muslims who are awesome and wonderful people. Not all are extremists

7. Odette

The problem of these great thinkers is always the same, it is theory. In addition, believing that they can know what all people need and want is the first step to impose it and from there to a dictatorship there is only one step. That phrase generalizes everyone and I can tell you about several people here, at ID, who would not be happy with that imposition. What is more important, to impose their ideas or the freedom of the people to believe or not?

amiraj likes this.
  8. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

I never said otherwise. I know many Christians too (I am from a Catholic place, after all) and most of them are good people

9. Odette

I know a lot of Christians who are great people and some of them are here at Dreams. but when he has spoken of the negative, only of that. Can you tell me negative things about Islam?

10. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

He has spoken of extremists right away, as if they all were.
    But they are not.

And if you read a few pages earlier, you will see I gave an exemple of the bad things done by Islam.
    But I will write it again.

Islam enslaved people of color for far longer than Christians did. And there still is slavery among some Muslims.
    They also enforce oppression of women.

There, happy?

11. happycamper

happycamper Account Deleted

I don't have a phobia of Islam. I'm not scared of it, I just don't like it. Forcing women cover up in 40 celsius temps is a bit troubling, but hey, you do you. Islamaphobia is just another buzz word from Little Potato.

Odette likes this.
  12. Odette

Yes, but remember that you said that I was the one who always talked about Christianity. Let's not make comparisons, let's talk exclusively about Islam, as has been done before with another religion. We are going to list everything he has done wrong in his entire history. I start.
    1. Today it enslaves women and subjugates them. It forces them to dress, to socialize, it does not give them freedom, the penalties for the same crime as a man are more serious

13. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

But why jsut say what they did wrong? They didn't just do bad things.
    Your post looks like a direct attack on Muslims.

And if you start saying "List all the wrongs Islam did", I am sorry, but I will counter with "List all the wrongs that Christianity did"

It seems to me you are more looking for conflict than just sharing opinions.

14. Odette

You have finally understood it, that is what you have done in six pages, just talk about the negative of the Catholic religion. that complaint that you have reread this entire thread from the beginning and if you are a little objective, you will reach the same conclusion. LOL

15. Odette

I propose a new dialogue. From now on let's talk ONLY about what the Catholic Church has done well, because just as Islam has also done well, so has Christianity. And so far there are six pages of negative stuff. Start whenever you want.

happycamper likes this.
  16. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

That is not what I have done. That is what you assume I have done.

17. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

So what you say is I am not allowed my opinion and I must just talk about the good things?

What I want is to express how I feel about religions. Not jsut about Christianity. About all religions. Yet its you who keeps bringing it to Christianity

18. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Not all people have a good opinion about religions, and they should be allowed to give their opinion too. Not just those that have a good opinion about religions.

19. happycamper

happycamper Account Deleted

You want to be allowed your opinion and yet you do not want us to express ours? Interesting.

TriadSibling and Odette like this.
  20. Odette

No, you are wrong. I'm not telling you that you can't say what you want, I just ask you to be consistent with your words. If Islam has done good things, bad things and bad things and you have acknowledged it in writing, I only ask for your opinion on the good things about Christianity. I only ask you to give the same opportunity that you have given to Islam that you give it to Christianity. Nothing else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.