1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

whats yalls thoughts on religion?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by guido pion, Dec 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guido pion

guido pion Account Deleted

2. Mario2602

Mario2602 Account Deleted

I have no religion and I don't believe in a higher power either. -- I never understood why I should go to church. During religious education at school, the village pastor asked me if I believed in God. Since you are not allowed to lie, I answered no, then I got an additional job and had to write "I believe in God our Savior and in his Son Jesus Christ" 100 times. Next time I did the work and he asked me if I now believe in God. I told him I wasn't going to lie and I said no again. The pastor doubled the extra work and the game was repeated up to the number 1000. He got really angry and threatened to exclude me from communion. When I said that would be a good deal for both of us, he freaked out.

It then became briefly political at the school. The story went through the director to the school board. The pastor accused me of a lack of cooperation and disobedience. The agency employee asked me a lot of questions. His regulation proposal was on fire, I was only allowed to see it as an adult. He wrote something like this Mario is not to be blamed for wrongdoing. If you ask such a question to people, (edit) you have to expect unpleasant answers. Mario always delivered his additional work on time and without discussions. Although he knew that there would be more problems for him if he answered honestly, he stayed true to his point of view. Even if the student had been asked to write this stupid sentence 10,000 times, it would not have changed his mind a little. If the pastor continues to punish the members of his congregation for the truth then he should go back to Russia.:D:cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2022
    door6door, Djole, Brutus58 and 4 others like this.
  3. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

That is not a Pastor, that is an idiot with abusive tendencies.

4. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

The most hateful people on the Earth are religious people.

It is a shame so few of the religious actually understand the doctrine of their faith.

Lian, inserode, Odette and 4 others like this.
  5. Kakyoin

Kakyoin Trusted Member

Karl Marx quote “Religion is the opium of the people. It is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of our soulless conditions.” sums it up. It is an error that should be cured with leveling material conditions and education. Not the neoatheist bs.

curiousFred and Mario2602 like this.
  6. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

That pastor was an ignorant and evil twat.

Brutus58 likes this.
  7. Ykke500

Ykke500 Trusted Member

I'm a Christian in the sense that I believe in god. But I don't like the way many Christians today behave themselves (Catholic church, JW and more). They don't follow the teachings of Jesus to be kind and accepting to your neighbors.

Dane likes this.
  8. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Do you believe in a "god" as you write, or do you believe in God, as in the Triune, Holy Trinity God? Or in god as Allah god? Or other god like the JW's?

Odette likes this.
  9. Ykke500

Ykke500 Trusted Member

I believe in god as in a higher power, I was raised as Catholic but I don't particularly like the church as a institution. I like too keep my worship and relationship with God as a personal one.

TittyKitty, Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  10. lebron

lebron Trusted Member

I think its good for some people

Dane likes this.
  11. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

As I am sure as hell not a "y'all", I won't venture an opinion. :rolleyes:

Dane likes this.
  12. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

And deadly for all others for the way one major religion is.

Odette likes this.
  13. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

I think religion was made to try to explain the world when Mankind had a need for it, and to feel safe and all. But now, I think its just trouble.

14. Said

Said Trusted Member

I think religion helps creating a strong sense of community and bond between people. I sometime imagine I live in a fantasy world with a religion having strong incestuous rituals, like to enter adulthood a man should loose his virginity to his mom...

15. Downnhill

Downnhill Trusted.Member

I don't have any problems with almost any religion. It's the establishments around the religions that are the problem.

I do think that at least half of the 10 commandments are very good guidelines to live a life. Like "You shall not murder" or "You shall not steal".

Djole and Odette like this.
  16. LLois

LLois Trusted Member

If Adam and Eve were not brother and sister, sharing at least one parent, what were they? Their two surviving sons "bagat" with their four daughters. Then there were twenty generations of mostly cousins on the one side and 75% siblings on the other. The two lines came back together in Noah's parents. Ignoring the "pre-flood" genetics Noah's three sons were the fathers of all the next generation... And they were the fathers of some of their niece's issue, and a grand niece's as well. Lot's daughters were pretty proud of themselves, apparently God didn't have a problem with it (their mom on the other hand-- salt). Lot's cousin Abraham married his other cousin (and Abe's sister) Sarah. Isaac was sent to his uncle's house to find a wife among his cousins, as was Isaac's son Jacob... Jacob apparently had difficulty making up his mind so he married four of his cousins who were all sisters...

And at this point we are only half-way through the first book...

Jesus, who was the descendant of Adam, Eve, Cain, Seth, Noah, Abraham, Sarah, Isaac, Rebekka, and Jacob preached against poverty, inequality, hypocrisy, and conducting business in church. He washed the feet of the poor and married a former prostitute. There is no record of him delivering sermons about... well most things that are considered "Christian" today.

17. Athenea

Athenea Some dream of a beautiful world, others create it. Staff Member

Religion is the sweetest inheritance from our parents, everything that has given my sister and me the strength to go on, to leave behind crazy ideas and smile again, to never forget their presence, to feel that we were united with them and to believe again in a future leaving behind the darkness of death. When you have two policemen at the door of your house telling you that your parents are dead, your whole world is destroyed in a single second, thinking about the future is only terror and the loneliness of the night is a threat of panic, when you know that your parents will never set foot in their house again, the world, life becomes a great emptiness without any sense to go on, there are few ways out and religion is the only one. Religion is what makes us feel like our parents.

18. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Religion is an imperfect creation from imperfect people who want to have power over other people by saying that if they do not follow their beliefs, they will go to some kind of hell forever, thus enforcing a status quo that lasted for thousands of years.

Djole, Incs, amiraj and 1 other person like this.
  19. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I would like to ad one thing to the end of your quote... (as above in blue).

IMHO, religion of God, the Creator of everything, makes himself known to anyone who will accept Him.

Rejection of God means He will reject you too. That is the punishment for rejection.

If you don't want to believe in Him and have fellowship while alive on Earth, He will grant your wish, and you
    will not ever have the pleasure of His fellowship forever.

Athenea and Odette like this.
  20. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Well, all the above is OPINIONS, its written in the title of the thread; 'what's your thought'. So since it was an opinion thread, I didn,t think I had to write it
    And why does it have to be written in my post, but not in all those above? They all say their opinion too, without saying "in my opinion"

Djole, TittyKitty and whitecoffee1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.