1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Vaccine mandate and abortion

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by neon zone, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neon zone

neon zone Trusted Member

How do you prove its not 'conscious', when science has not proven where consciousness comes from or begins at?

How do you prove they were not bribed or coerced into getting it?

You are confusing viability and fetus. Viability is when it can breath outside of the womb, fetus is when the body is developed to the point it can be recognised

The Texas laws does not say anything about pills

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  2. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Those "experts" can define viability, but that doesn't define if it is yet a "baby" as you state.

That's when those "experts" will decide if it is a baby based upon their ethics and morality.

Most feminists have stated their definition of a baby is when it is outside of the womb.

And some, so called "experts" and feminists, have even said it is after the umbilical cord has been cut, even if outside if the womb.

3. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

So you are arguing that the ABORTION pill is legal?

4. buffyfan

So lets trust the people who speak to GOD directly right? You realize that if Christianity started now, not 2 Millennia ago? The Prophets would be called "Schizophrenics" not Prophets of God right? Hell. Koresh said he was Jesus returned? Do we KNOW for a fact that he was not? What about the other 1000 or so in MY lifetime who claimed that? And were put in institutions?

The Wheel of Time books, and to a point Babylon 5 (with the Membari) make a great mocking shot.

In the Books? There is a prophecy that the Dragon (think Jesus level person) will be reborn into they cycle over and over when he is needed. People showed up claiming to be the Dragon over time. When the Dragon (Rand) shows up? Everyone doubts because by then the Prophesy was not longer believed. If you are a sword and magic fan read the books, also becoming a Amazon Prime show in Nov.

Same with the Shadows in B5 and Dellen's transformation. Her own people by the time it came no longer believed it when it came.

5. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I did not say that.

Really? C'mon, even ex-Branch Davidians said they didn't believe those claims of his, except for a few feeble-minded
    people. One wrote of how his followers were so wanting Jesus Christ to return they were grasping at anything/anyone
    who would give them a religious direction in their lives.

As far as all other through time, none have claimed to be the Messiah, only they were Jesus Christ returned.

None who have claimed to be Jesus have done any of the works of Jesus. Koresh did not either, that is how we
    know. Also, if you claim the multitudes who did see and witness what Jesus did are just fiction, then you should
    state that Socrates, Plato, George Washington, Kahn, etc, didn't do any of those things written about them.

And please don't state that record keeping was poorly done back then. Scribes were the utmost in perfection
    of recording/copying. Unlike today where anything written is only perfect if it is a digital copy or when
    a diligent lawyer is doing a rewritten copy.

6. buffyfan

But the originations of "live begins at conception" is saying just that. Someone who "spoke to God" said he said that and it became part of the Dogma. There is nothing written about Jesus condemning Abortion. While on that subject only tacit things written by others 100 years later on his feelings on Homosexuality. Both were COMMON in his day.

I used Korsesh as a "name I knew of".

Record keeping between Greece and Rome was impeccable. My only issue with Rome's Records? They BECAME the Church at the real beginning. So how do we know the records we read are the records from when Rome was Poly-Theistic still. There is a 200 year or so gap from Jesus's death (the Roman records dont show the Miracles, just that someone by that name, in that region, existed and had a following. And they HEARD from someone that he.......) to the adoption or Rome and Christianity to form Roman Catholic. Lets look at some of the miracles from a critical eye. Ever been out on a really hot day and the pavement looked like there was water (heat mirage)? More than possible the people who "saw him walk on water" saw him at a distance walk where there was heat mirage to the observer. In general, remember, the average person then was not a High School Graduate level in the modern world.

Your argument is flawed. You go in assuming all of the "miracles" were real. His story is real.

Except that story existed in part in Horus, Krishna, and others. It is like the Council of Trent took those stories and possibly "created" Gospels. I would be satisfied to see an outside lab produce the writings of any of the Apostles that significantly predate the Council date. But all of that is in the sealed archives and scientists cant test it.

Shroud of Turin? Dated around (British Monarchs for time Reference) Edward Longshanks (the king from BRAVEHEART) and Henry the IV when it was tested. So it was from 1295-1395 AD. Not 33 AD. Many of the books and items likely date to 1000+ years after.

whitecoffee1 likes this.
  7. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Is a jigsaw puzzle, a jigsaw puzzle, when you open the box, or when you put the last piece in its place.

Dane likes this.
  8. Neophyte

9. buffyfan

A Zygote or Fetus is not a live human if it can not survive extra utero. So until the nose or at least mouth breathing structures form? If it is out it will suffocate. That is why, and this is a good measure, abortion is not murder before a certain point. Because if it was a life from "conception"? Killing a Mother before week 16? (Personal earliest I have ever gotten on when I was on the "state" side) Is VERY HARD to do. The Defense will make sure you dont have all devout Christians. The usual test there is "did it draw a breath on its own after the mother died". I dont remember seeing anything before 14 weeks where it did. Never before 16 where it could be proven beyond a doubt.

But I have not seen one in close to 12 years.

10. Neophyte

This reminds me of when I was a lot younger, and I went into a convenience store. On the counter, above a display, was a sign that said Boneless Chicken. The display was of hard boiled eggs. Was the sign a lie. That isn't a human, that is a fetus.

It seems the argument on Gun Control, the opposite positions are taken. The right argues that's not a gun, that's just a part. Where the Left argues, that part makes a gun, so its a gun. I guest which side of the semantics question you're on, depends on what you are arguing for or against.

11. neon zone

neon zone Trusted Member

You are free to purchase the pills online, unless you believe the bill blocks this?

12. Neophyte

13. Neophyte

14. TriadSibling

TriadSibling Bro/Sis Enthusiast

Bingo
    I completely agree with this point. Especially since people are being fired for not getting vaccinated. It's insane. It's not a choice if your life is made to be harder by not getting it. In order for vaccination to be a choice, it has to come voluntarily, on an opt-in basis, and not cost you your job (or worse) when you don't get it.
    I'm not anti-vax, but I am certainly anti-mandate, and certainly anti-authoritarian. I would prefer if people vaccinated if the science is proven accurate, and it has the proper effects, but I would never opt to force people to do it, and I wouldn't fire people for their choice either.

Frankly, having a vaccine mandate as a state-issued law is a human rights violation. I don't care what the situation is; People either have a right to control their bodies, or they don't. The law has stated numerous times that people have control over their bodies, and this is where the comparison here in this thread comes from (Roe v Wade in this case). People's rights don't get thrown out the window just because it's convenient, but that's exactly what vaccine mandates are trying to do.

neon zone likes this.
  15. neon zone

neon zone Trusted Member

Some vaccines are mandated do you believe all vaccines should not be mandated or are there some you believe are acceptable to be mandated?

16. TriadSibling

I feel I explained my position rather thoroughly:

17. buffyfan

You realize in most places you need things like MMR, Hep B, Dtap, etc to attend school? That has been law for DECADES now.

To be clear? I dont, per se, support Covid Vax mandates by the government. But to say an employer has to bow to their employee's opinions on it? Then employers cant make any rules that are not against the law. You cant carve out Vaccination but say any other employer rules are perfectly fine. It is one or the other.

Incs likes this.
  18. TriadSibling

So you think employers should be allowed to fire their workers for refusing a vaccine?
    What about in cases where religious beliefs have exempt the individual from being forced to take a vaccine? Do you then thing an employer should be allowed to fire them under that circumstance?
    How about medical history; should an employer be allowed to violate someone's medical privacy (which is against the law), just to see whether or not they're vaccinated, and if they aren't, fire them?
    Should employers have the right to fire an employee who cannot be vaccinated?
    How do any of those scenarios not violate discrimination laws?

This is a matter of personal choice, and whether people have the right to dictate what does and does not go into their bodies. An employer doesn't have to agree with their workers to observe their human rights, and human rights are not subject to change on an employer's whim.
    We shouldn't need laws to tell people to observe each other's natural rights afforded by birth.
    We shouldn't need laws to tell employers that they don't have a right to dictate how their employees live their lives, or make choices.

In any case, I've made my point. I don't typically come to the politics section because that's not why I'm here, so I take my leave.
    Happy debating, everyone.

Dane likes this.
  19. Neophyte

10 years ago, Kim Basinger, a prominent Lefty was in the news, because she refused to have her children vaccinated. She started a movement of other Lefties to not have their children vaccinated. Now, that not getting a vaccine is against the Left's narrative, you don't hear anything from any of these Leftist Anti-vaxxers. It seems they are more concerned about obeying the Lefts agenda, than their own personal belief's.

TriadSibling and Dane like this.
  20. Neophyte

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.