1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Good News Stories

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Insp Gadget, Nov 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Looks like they rounded up a couple more offenders :

Two More.jpg

curiousFred, Brutus58 and itshot like this.
  2. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

3. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

Dam! The last post was on Oct. 4, 2020. There sure aren't a lot of Good News stories out there, is there.

Neophyte, Brutus58 and curiousFred like this.
  4. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Between the rioting and the pandemic lock-downs, there isn't much room for Good News efforts. That's a shame really. Occasionally you read about a celebrity leaving a tip in the thousands of dollars. But when you think about the number of celebrities out there makes you wonder why it's not happening more often.

itshot and Neophyte like this.
  5. Neophyte

It does for a certain few. They are known for leaving big tips, but these celebrities are very few. One for instance was MC Hammer, he was so generous he ended up filing for bankruptcy. Shaquille O’Neal is known for generous tipping.

Brutus58 and itshot like this.
  6. rheinlein

rheinlein Trusted Member

The best Good News these days, in my opinion, is the rollout of the vaccines. Yes, it’s been chaotic and uneven in many places, but I know several people (family members and friends) who have gotten vaccinated and, for the first time, I have tangible hope that there may be an end to the craziness of the past year.

Brutus58 likes this.
  7. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

I doubt that Shaq will ever have to file for bankruptcy. I've never heard of him doing stupid stuff.

Brutus58 likes this.
  8. Neophyte

9. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I would definitely take a cat like that.

Neophyte likes this.
  10. Neophyte

11. Neophyte

Don't know exactly who gets this good tidings, but someone is going to benefit.

Brutus58 likes this.
  12. Neophyte

Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  13. Neophyte

I've eaten here several times in the past. I am glad they are reopening.

itshot and Brutus58 like this.
  14. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

I'm from SoCal.

Neophyte likes this.
  15. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

Too bad California has turned into s shithole. It was great place to work and raise a family.

16. Neophyte

There are enclaves that haven't descended into complete Liberalism yet. The Central Valley is still tolerable and southeastern section including San Diego. Even though the last election we got a Democrat mayor, he is still held in check for the time being. San Diego is a paradise compared to Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, or San Jose. But we can't hold out forever.

17. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

That's a shame. Visited my sister a couple of times while she was in university. Enjoyed myself. At least I have fond memories.

18. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

Last place I lived before moving was Thousand Oaks. Right on the L A county, Ventura line.
    Did live in San Clemente a couple of years. Worked with the construction of the power plant nearby. Can't spell the dam thing.

19. Neophyte

You mean San Onofre. It should have cut our electric bill in half, but the Democrats shut it down and our electric bill went up by three times.

itshot likes this.
  20. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

Thanks Neophyte that's it. I heard it was shut down.
    I watched the NASCAR race on Sunday. What a joke. They showed ariel shots of the area around The Coliseum, funny I didn't see homeless tents or them shooting up. They must have cleared them out before Sunday's race. I'm sure they're back by now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.