1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Do you believe in climate change?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Hatham, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Togachainer69

Togachainer69 Trusted Member

I believe the earth is changing. Use to snow a lot where I live. Now we rarely get 2 inches

2. BrettShadow

BrettShadow Trusted Member

If you have an animal in an environment in which it's food sources are low, over time the animal will become smaller in both regards to that individual animal and through the genetic evolutionary process. On the other side if that animal is in an environment in which food and therefore necessary nutrients are abundant (and disregarding other influential matters), it will result in growth. Growth of the individual with each generation showing growth, larger numbers of viable offspring, and anatomical growth through continuing evolution. What is the alleged main concern as far as climate change? What does most flora ingest? There have been MANY catastrophic level events on this planet. Some worse than others. But it is always moving towards a state of homeostasis. Seeking neutral balance. If the atmosphere see's an increase in CO2 gases, the the organisms that rely on CO2 will thrive. They will grow. They will then seek more CO2 as this growth continues. The Amazon is regrowing it's green as we speak and has been. Both humans and the planet itself are fluid. Meaning adaptation will happen to continue survival. We are in a global warming period based on historical data going back millions of years. Humans have been around for a tiny teeny bit of the earth timeline. We have been producing CO2 in mass for even less time. Say 100 years to be more than generous. Do you think a sample size of 100 years is sufficient to say with any confidence that an impact can be determined on the scale of 4.5 BILLIONS YEARS!?! That is like looking at one blade of grass and using that info to determine that the entire golf course needs to be mowed.

3. Nervos

Nervos Trusted.Member

NSW felt like tropical weather this year.
    Always talk up about how hot summer will be, and prepare for bushfires. But then it comes a wet season again.

BrettShadow likes this.
  4. BrettShadow

BrettShadow Trusted Member

This was a true El Nino year

Nervos likes this.
  5. Bobbo

Bobbo Trusted Member

My take is that it doesn't really matter. The narratives are far to cloudy. What I do know for certain is that it took nearly 20 years of "climate summits" before they decided to start doing something. They called it carbon trading which does nothing to reduce any carbon emissions it just relocates the blame somewhere else and allows for massive tax trade offs and big money elsewhere. Everything that governments want you to do or force upon us benefits big corporations so I am exceptionally sceptical about anything related to government measures. Where does the carbon tax go? How does it remove carbon from the atmosphere? Etc.

Don't believe the politicians they are useless self interested and corrupt liars thinking of nothing but themselves and big corporations and big money.

Is it real? probably. Is it human caused? Probably. Can I do anything about it, very little...I can do my best to keep my footprint on earth as small as possible and that is that. Because for every 1 of me there are more than 1000 groups of 10, 000 people in a developing industrial nation that can barely afford to eat leeching far more waste and harmful chemicals into our oceans and atmosphere than I ever could and they are completely unregulated and untaxed.

pussycat likes this.
  6. Wakafl4ka

Wakafl4ka Account Deleted

Absolutely true, it’s facts.

Regarding science, I quote my school maths teacher here:

‘Numbers are not bad, but there is bad people who use numbers’

So labs that investigate matters that would support desired interests of whomever funded will pile up evidence for their case… such as political parties and campaigns who get ‘donations’ from (do they remqin anonymous as well?) ‘uninterested?’ rich hands - lobbies, etc. How is that even legally established as normal?.

Have you ever seen the movie Elysium with Matthew Damon? Thats exactly how I picture the future (and so did the guys who made it).

Makes one wonder why the sudden interest in colonising mars and developing commercial spacecraft flights for rich people (whilst technologically we can’t get a printer print.. they smell your rush and fear).

Making me wonder now, if that is how it all sorted… Don’t you feel like we don’t belong here? We just step wrong trip over, hit our head and we are dead.. and thats in a flat smooth human built surface as well.

We fall from 4 times our height and shatter our knees. Compare that to all animals here.

It’s almost like if some aliens injected their dna together with a monkey which was the most similar thing and most advanced creature on this planet besides the rubbery hard to get a hold on dolphins. I keep an open mind to everything and yes I am joking, dolphins are easy to catch.

God I am going to make this sooo long for you guys, might get even banned, but I guess one’s true interest in the problem will take them to read as far as they want…

For any that might wonder, I am not a boomer so not from the cliche mentality nowadays of boomer’s saying ‘all was good back then why do we need to change our habits yada yada yada’

I hope this settles it all for everyone that really cares about knowing the truth like it did for me.

I went on a holiday and got trapped for many weeks due to covid with a friend so imagine discussing everything and anything for me to give up.

This friend worked at United Nations and their whole job was literally to work with world governments (very important what comes next) to prepare for how to adapt and survive as a human especies to climate change.

First and foremost, the whole ‘save the planet’ bullshit iiiis of course, bull-shit. It’s not about saving the planet, it’s about saving ourselves as a species, the planet will save itself from us.

The planet was there a million years and will be there in another million years. Mother nature is a self balancing force, as is any unbreakable law of physics or economics. Sooner or later it will balance itself out.

In this case, with us starving out in famine due to climate change. Rain patterns and temperature will change and therefore plants, such as the crops that feed us or every animal we eat, will start dying. By the time plant-life adapts to new weather patterns we will have starved to death partially or fully - so it will be like it always is, the poor will die and get fucked as food gets scarce and unable to satisfy human need.

CO2 emissions would then lower and we switch back again during another long-ass process to way things were (which I personally doubt any human we will see).

So this persons job with these big budgets is how to adapt to weather change to try reduce this impact (not only food-wise but there is various other repercussions of these: extreme weather conditions and floods also causing change in terrain and many housing go to fuck, etc.)

Its waaaay too late and we don’t even have the means. It’s sad but we are fucked basically…

It got as deep as talking about spraying CO2 dissolving microbes or substances that in one way or another eliminate global warming.

This has been perfectly doable for time and quick and easy. But any such interaction affects weather and rainfall patterns and we are back to square one if not further back and there is no way to test it for trial error. If we do it there is no coming back. Top scientists been trying to fix these for many years.

I mean I got as deep as thinking, can we not just instead shoot some generators like we use here to generate electricity into orbit and spin them forever? Nope, will spare you guys the absolute rabbit hole of that. No solution whatsoever.

All measures imposed are mostly bullshit.

More of the same, tax small businesses out and continue with big corporations taking over under a ‘0 carboon footprint marketing’, straight hopium for the masses or keep us entertained fighting each other as usual (with football and sports, politics, countries wanting independence like in Spain, etc.)

[I will link this to the politics question later]

7. Wakafl4ka

Climate change comes with a delay, so what we are experiencing now is from 30-40 years ago. All these non-oil and basically non-plastic I’m sorry but it’s just nonsense.

The media and society, without investigating any further, just ‘bought’ into the use of electric cars and renewable energy sources as a solution - straight up hopium and again I would dare say actually worse off than we were….

We think electric means no emissions because there is no combustion engine?

Electric means everything needs batteries for storage, from cars to windmills and other sources of renewable energy.

With electric energy, fossil fuels and nuclear can be made on the spot as required.

Renewable sources are dictated by forces of nature, so you need to store it and therefore the need for batteries.

This also creates other issues, such as how to meet demand in peak moments? It’s just not possible, thats why green electric supply services are mixed at best.

1. The production of all these batteries as well as transport of heavy windmills and other renewable energy equipment emiiiits yes, CO2, much that wouldn’t have been required otherwise and result in actually higher total emissions from fabrication and also toxic pollution.

In this process, as with climate change and starvation from it, us humans are once more fucking the poor in benefit of the rich (not only the elite, but people like you and me).

a) First world countries transition to electric cars and renewable energy. The air in the cities gets clean and everyone is morally happy, but all that is happening is that CO2 and pollution is being transitioned to manufacturing involved countries such as China and India.

Let’s take it to India forexample, they unfortunately bad as it is when it comes to rubbish waste and economy and general living conditions.

Ever seen those pregnant women working with their bare-hands in the super toxic cobalt mines to supply the cheap source of essential material to build cheap batteries in china? Yeah..

And no it doesn’t favour those people in terms of economy either because corruption there, as well as the fake Communism they have in China has workers still payed shit even though when supply of exports from a country causes higher demand and consequently higher prices (thats why currencies go up and down) its that self-balancing law of economics.

FUN FACT: Did you know the UK for example does not have recycle plants and ship it containers (more CO2 emissions)

b) When it comes to cars for-example, a car-battery lasts only about 10 years unlike conventional combustion engines.

There is substantial research out there about how the total CO2 emissions when you don’t ignore the fabrication of the fucking essential battery is actually way higher than even a 20 year old diesel Mercedes would over life-time.

Some (not all) of this research is made by the VW group that also own Porsche (but its not hard, I guess anyone with interest and time, could investigate and crunch the numbers).

1. The great share (and I mean by far) of transport CO2 emissions are caused by ships. Unnecessary ones like tourist cruises should br the first one to be banned if we are to make any change at all.

a) I’m sorry vegetarians, I know its sad to picture them animals getting killed, i was there for some years myself too, but we just got to keep it real here.

The demand for exotic vegetables and fruits that need to now be imported as opposed to the optimised traditional food network established for many years where seasonable locally sourced crops are used just makes the problem so much worse, and this will kill us all including them (not to mention wildlife disruption).

I was in fact a Pescetarian until I realised hang on, fish feel pain too. Just cause they don’t squeal and make noise we don’t empathise with them?

b) Batteries are quite limited in terms on storage, as of current technology, not even by far, boats cannot run on an electric motor due to the long distances.

Cars neither. Go to London for example and you will find yourself struggling to get an uber to go to the airport because no one can afford the time wasted in one long trip and having to wait 45 minutes or so to charge up a battery.

Have fun missing your flight [flight industry will come up later too]

When we think boats we think of some rich guys with yatchs but this is basically negligible.

Everything and I mean EVERYTHING important we import can only be done by freight massive cruise ships with containers.

Air-mail is hell of expensive you know if you ever ordered anything from a far away place like China.

The reason for it is cost, which stems from fuel usage, so emissions.

Moreover, imagine the amount of emissions that go into manifacturing a ton of planes instead of fewers freight ships.

I don’t think they can even fit containers inside…

Air freight would have been used other-wise already if not, for convenience, because stuff would arrive in a couple days and not a month or longer, also making economy faster aaaand more taxes.

limagine how much the emission costs outweighs it because taxes are number 1 priority over climate change (you know that) there you have it, human psychology 101 and why its all even more of a fraud… [more on psychology later]

c) On the tax subject, who are paying up all this made-up car emissions limitations and fees? And all other restrictions ‘to save the planet’ - the common man as alwaaays, costs just gets factored in the sale price to the final client.

If electrical car usage is increasing and petrol demand decreasing - why is it getting more expensive I’ve always wondered?

It’s all taxes, most of the price of fuel at your petrol/gas station as well.

Why is food getting more expensive amongst other things?

Pre-covid a shipping container costed about 3,000 USD from china to the UK. Now it’s over 20,000, supposedly due to fuel, supposedly due to… a war in a tiny country in Ukraine? Say what?

I don’t want to expand on that subject, I am 100% pro Ukraine and 100% let down by Putin cause I used to rate him so high.

But coincidentally enough, I overheard the US now was forcing (for international relations) India to buy Natural Gas from the US rather than Russia (at 30% more cost to them)…

All taxes and money and greed and the common man getting fucked dead and raped their corps as usual, same game.

d) I studied economics and the IMF (International Monetary Fund) - ever wondered why all International trade is calculated in dollars? World economy is all interconnected, globalisation.

They had the legal requirement to essentially report every year the amount of money that had been printed…. known as M1 and M2 figures.

These not only has suddenly disappeared of their reports (since covid and the stimulus checks), but if you use Google to search for it you won’t see anything about it (talk about mass media manipulation).

You can put google to the test right now…

Try searching for how do x drug and what dose (harm reduction right?), you will see how it won’t give you any info, only government official websites and studies about the risks of drugs and why you shouldn’t do them and how to deal with addiction.

I believe not even this forum pops up…

TIP: Use www.duckduckgo.com for searches, plus they don’t store all your search data.

SO we have no actual clue of how much inflation there actually is since covid. I can picture it being a façade and blowing up any minute now into some hellish financial crisis like the one in 2007 was it? (Subprime mortgage crisis)

8. Wakafl4ka

POLITICS:

I don’t really care about, never voted cause why? You want the red or the blue one?

Essentially.. depending on the country I lean more to one or another…

It’s the good old divide and conquer to me, I can only make reference to Spain, but it’s the same shit always everywhere. I assume when you read this you will notice the patterns where you live in yourself.

When Spain wan the football world cup forexample, that same night they sneakily slipped in some crazy laws making political corruption easier and fucking up the common man.

Funny thing I learned is:

Get anyone you know that votes for some ‘mad polemical racist political party for example’ and put them to answer the 20 question test that plots your political view on a graph (Left and right wing, Libertarian and Conservative).

You and them all will all be in almost the same exact zone… because we are all humans and in essence our core values and opinions don’t actually vary that much…

This is a perfect example of media mass manipulation. If you watch the news everyday you will get scared to leave your house for fear of getting stabbed or raped by an inmigrant or dying of covid back then or getting bombed by Russia now.

I don’t know how much is lazyness on them not caring to look for news and just to keep reporting on whatever the fuck is the big issue right now (funny enough Ukraine war is but Israel never has been and never will, except for many years back with the odd ‘Hamas’ Heinz bean can missile being shot randomly into the air hitting 6-7 people and justifying invasion due to ‘terrorism’… anyway

PSYCHOLOGY AND FLIGHT INDUSTRY

We are doomed, full stop.

If you or anyone had money, would you not buy various cars and boats and travel?

Would you get a bike and grab public transport and not go on holidays? Let’s be real?

And if you are replying yes to the above, will you then now without being reach stop grabbing easyJet/Ryanair/etc. - low budget airlines and go back to paying 10 times + the price for a holiday (if you do travel the world then)?

Because the excessive aviation industry and the culture of popping in a plane for 40 euros to go on weekend holiday trip abroad accounts for a large share of CO2 emissions.

And why should we all? does it make a difference anyway?

If we stop the current pace of living the economy goes to shit anyway and fast…

Just focus on getting rich, living costs are only going to keep getting more and more expensive, and have fun while you at it - its my take.

Since i’m so done with typing this up…
    stop oil people (the ones you see on tv doing some stupid irrelevant shit) can go do one too man.
    If you care about the planet, then care to understand the human planet does not give 2 fucks about you as it does of me grinding my fingers into calluses typing all this fuckery up whilst ignoring all my calls all dirty, hungry and unshowered because I got some wierd obsessive-compulsive disorder that when I actually do stop procrastinating and do something, I need to finish it to perfection… I sure as hell do need therapy lol

Does anyone not find them annoying?
    Just bothering the common man, interrupting traffic and throwing around orange chemical stuff and more pollution… all just because you want attention and actually could not care less about climate change… get real man.
    That is some real mental issue right there… not incest and whatever mummy or daddy issues could be present…

Anyway after that side-rant to the main massive rant anyway, neither of us give a shit neither to earth nor the universe, the earth will keep spinning till it doesn’t and we will not be alive to see it or have all transcended to the 7th dimension metaverse with the discovery of new dope-ass dope like the ones I probably sound like I am on towards the end for some strange reason (why are you thinking that?) lolz ^2

#no drugs were used to type all this mad rant up
    #swear on your mum
    #the one you fuck

CONCLUSION:

We all gone die man, and not just us, the whole human race and soon.

I just ended up here a few days ago god knows why… I don’t have a sexual relationship whatsoever with my relatives, shit this whole speech got me feeling like maybe I should fuck one or two… who cares?

I will let you guys know if I do :)

But just made me realise myself too:

Have sex with your mom, your daughter your cousin your father… whoever you want as long as it’s consensual (and therefore age consensual)… so that means no to the bestiality dog-fucker forums I guess…

I assume they exist, I am in too deep with this sexual rabbit hole but not that far yet…

I wonder what the general ‘normal’ people sees incestuous as opposed to I dunno…. velcro-gloved sheep shagers (sorry to any if any farmers out there, didn’t mean to offend you, i depend on you now more than ever - matter of fact, why even sell the foot to get paid shit and starve? Eat it yourself man…

Mods please don’t delete my post, I put my heart and soul into this I don’t even know why. Surely not to hit the 10 post count to unlock the picture section, I don’t care about anything at this point besides this… I might actually have become addicted and can’t stop typing, what do I do now.

Ok no more jokes, love you actual motherfuckers by definition… and I honestly say that in the kindest and most fun of ways, even from admiration, let’s stop been so tight-up as a society with canceling humour shall we?

It’s the essence of this whole forum anyway

It’s funny to me if not… I poured my heart and soul into this one, please let me have it :)

Bye guys, it’s been emotional.

Hope someone made it this far.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2024
    Brutus58 and GreenShark84 like this.
  9. GreenShark84

GreenShark84 Trusted Member

Tbh even if there is such a thing as man-made climate change any efforts to fix it are fruitless as China & India are the world's biggest polluters bar none and they have no desire to change.

This whole green energy crap is the 60's hippie movement on steroids.

Brutus58 likes this.
  10. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

A somewhat over-simplification, but basically 100% right on .

(Add Africa and South America, SE Asia)

Lian and Brutus58 like this.
  11. dhsjdh

dhsjdh New Member

12. Lian

Lian Friendly One

its not a reason to do nothing. If we can't stop it, we can at least slow it. Because its not us who will feel it, but our children and their children

13. Funnsafe

Funnsafe New Member

My thinking goes like this. The earth has been slowly warming up ever since the ice age. Surely the growing population and all the activity contribute to global warming but not the main cause.

GreenShark84 likes this.
  14. ausking

ausking Trusted Member

No. Its a false propaganda

15. Lian

Lian Friendly One

would need to be really dumb to not believe in what we can SEE and OBSERVE, with SCIENTIFIC DATA

16. bw19481

bw19481 Trusted.Member

I agree 1000%. Plus the data is being manipulated to support a line of thinking so it is not as bad as everyone says anyway.