1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Do you believe in climate change?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Hatham, Jan 12, 2020.

1. pezzheaddazzler

pezzheaddazzler Trusted Member

Same for the pole shift its moving and what did we do to cause it??? nothing we will adapt and just have to buy a new compass

2. slit

slit Trusted Member

The evidence is pretty overwhelming at this point. It's just a matter of how much humans are contributing to it and what we can do about it.

3. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Hold on to your compass, it will still work but it will be backwards.

4. Silas Marlowe

Silas Marlowe Account Deleted

Yes

I have also noticed that the people who don't belive in it, don't understand the difference between weather and climate, they may think they do, but they don't.

5. Selanuj

Selanuj Trusted Member

I worked for a few years as a researcher, focusing on topics such as energy efficiency. In my articles, I mentioned climate change as one of the reasons for our research. I think that climate change exists and it is not anthropogenic.
    I, like most scientists, simply repeat without proper knowledge how harmful CO2 emissions are, etc. In the EU, an ecological dictatorship is emerging. A significant portion of the research is funded with public money, and to secure funding, you must conform to the 'scientific consensus,' which means repeating the majority's claims without subjecting them to criticism.

6. Litheon

Litheon Trusted Member

The evidence is there. Not really a discussion anymore

7. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Only idiots don't believe when we have evidences, proofs.

8. Georgegg

Georgegg Trusted Member

It’s pretty obviously real

9. BigDepressedRetard

BigDepressedRetard Trusted Member

Climate change is a phenomena driven mostly by natural geological processes, that's not to say that humans have no impact on it but it's nothing compared to what nature produces, the real issue comes when the rapid pollution is concentrated within a certain area that's what people are worried about. The rest is just a political/marketing circus, the age old create a "problem" then sell the "solution".

Neophyte likes this.
  10. Lannnister

Lannnister Trusted Member

I don't necessarily disagree but it's interesting that 90% of the people who are so sure about it and like to insult other people because of the "evidence" have never *really* looking into or know the evidence themselves.
    They just outsource it to a supposed "authority figure" (just like the ones who deny it do towards influencers they like).

11. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

When the forest fire consumes your house, you don't need the opinion of authority figures to interpret the evidence. :rolleyes:

12. Neophyte

Forest fires have consumed homes for thousands of years. For Canada its unfortunate that they have poor forest management. Almost everyone in the world can agree that the climate is changing. What a lot of people are disagreeing on is what is causing the change, and what to do about the change. The Climate Change Activist are trying to force radical changes to Modern Society that will most likely cause even greater damage and deaths than from doing nothing at all. Get rid of the radicals on the Left and the Right will be more inclined to listen to some of the more doable adjustments. Green Energy like solar and wind has several known problems and lots of unknown problems. For solar, we currently don't have enough rare earth ore to supply the world. We probably have enough to supply 10%, so either 90% of the world goes without power or everyone cuts their power consumption by 90%.

13. knottyNylonmum

knottyNylonmum Account Deleted

Climate change is a natural occurrence BUT it’s being sped up due to human mistakes.

look at the last ice age! Climate has been changing from day one. We should all play our parts especially tree planting.

Brutus58 likes this.
  14. Neophyte

Yes planting trees would do more to help CO2 in the atmosphere than cutting out fossil fuels. Unfortunately planting trees doesn't fit some people's agenda.

Brutus58 and knottyNylonmum like this.
  15. knottyNylonmum

sad but true. I try & do my bit by planting more trees in my garden etc.

Neophyte likes this.
  16. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

M y parents planted plantations of trees on every property they acquired. I was raised to be "green" before it became "chic".

Neophyte and knottyNylonmum like this.
  17. knottyNylonmum

Fantastic. Yeah, His Majesty King Charles III was the same starting back in the mid 60s.

Brutus58 likes this.
  18. Lannnister

Lannnister Trusted Member

Forest fires are as much "Evidence" of Global Warming as atypical Blizzards are of the contrary.

That's because Activists and Politicians don't want a solution, they want an excuse for power & control.

Brutus58 likes this.
  19. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Right. Lets clear cut the Amazon, it won't have any effect on the worlds climate. :rolleyes:
    It's difficult to make any real progress when the guys next door have the IQ of a walnut.

Lian likes this.
  20. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

That just means that there's an abundance of walnut trees.

pussycat likes this.