1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Do you believe in climate change?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Hatham, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

2. Xxxeeee

Xxxeeee Account Deleted

Its real but i dont trust the severity of it that shown by Democrats

3. Lian

Lian Friendly One

So if your house is on fire and a Dem tells you, you wont believe him because he is Dem?

4. zardo13

zardo13 Trusted Member

Its real, but the influence of man on this problem is exaggerated.

Brutus58 likes this.
  5. johnrei

johnrei Trusted Member

Yes i do

6. jayson412

jayson412 New Member

We agree 100%. The evidence is there. Just go to this very "radical" web site to see the data: NASA.

7. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

That's correct. Humans caused the end of the Ice Age. Ice Age was caused by the extinction of the dinosaurs.

8. johnrei

johnrei Trusted Member

Exactly

9. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Oh dear! I shall be late!

I believe in it to a certain degree. The Earths poles are moving more and more, the Earths tilt is wobbling at more and less greater angles. The Earth will continue to do what the Earth wants and there is nothing that those with a God complex can do about it. That Swedish climate activist already said the planet has 12 years before it ends. So why bother?

Global warming is not something I'm worried about. It's global cooling that worries me. But as I've said, the Earth will do what it wants and that includes volcanoes, plate shifting, tsunamis, magnetic pole movements and there is not a damn thing we can do about it. Stopping a volcano is like stuffing your fingers in the mouth of a Piranha.

Brutus58 likes this.
  10. Shocker2

Shocker2 New Member

It baffles me that people are still debating this. It's just corporate lobbying and money in politics that even sows any real doubt about the truthfulness and severity of climate change. We need to change our ways yesterday or the planet will be irreversibly fucked.

tasha351 and White Rabbit like this.
  11. tasha351

tasha351 Lesbian trusted member

Do I believe in climate change absolutely

12. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Oh dear! I shall be late!

I agree on your point. It is corporate and politics that have driven this issue to points where I think this has become a money grab. Self sustaining has been a talking point or buzz word (depending on how you look at it.). Locally sourced or locally sustaining. Meanwhile, the very instrument they are arguing from (smart phones, PC's, etc.), is a carbon contributor and has a massive carbon footprint, which is believed to contribute to climate change.

Brutus58 likes this.
  13. Linx34

Linx34 Account Deleted

Yes and no. I believe we don’t help
    It but I believe there is periods of time it’s hotter and periods it’s ice age. It’s how it works to keep things not to run out. But we haven’t helped the cause from speeding up

Brutus58 likes this.
  14. jerred

jerred Trusted Member

I suspect that humans impact the planet, just like billions of other creatures and billions of plants. I believe the sun impacts the planet as well. Is it easy to quantify the changes and if they are good or bad? This is more challenging. Adding CO2 to the air isn't necessarily bad. It was much higher in the past. Northern part of America used to be sub-tropical. (all the oil in the north demonstrates this...)

Brutus58 likes this.
  15. borabora

borabora Moderator Staff Member

I read news from BBC - about Global warming within 5 years for about 1,5 degrees C. / El Niño /
    See - https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-65602293

It is much faster tempo as we were informed earlier. And the climate is changing in Europe indeed...

16. MammAnette

MammAnette Account Deleted

I believe that the climate is changing, but it's not due to mankind. They have recovered Ice samples from Greenland and the tests clearly shows that it was warmer around 1000 years ago, during Medieval times than it is today.

Dorian and Brutus58 like this.
  17. ricky_cya

ricky_cya Trusted Member

Framing an unbiased set of questions on this subject is a challenge...

18. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

It was much warmer during the "age of dinosaurs".

MammAnette likes this.
  19. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

It wasn't as warm as most people think during the Age of the Dinosaurs. One of the major causes for large size of animals is a cold environment. The bigger the animal the easier to maintain body heat. It has to do with volume versus surface area, volume increases by being cubed while surface area increase by the square. So you generate body heat by the cube and you lose body heat by the square. There are other factors in controlling body heat like fur, feathers, sweat glands, metabolism, external shell, and other body features.

20. MammAnette

MammAnette Account Deleted

Wasn't the oxygen levels like 30 % higher, wouldn't that contribute as well?

borabora likes this.