1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Do you believe in climate change?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Hatham, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

2. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

3. rey2016meza

rey2016meza Moderator Staff Member

I don't remember if I posted here before. I believe in climate change. I lived in Bogotá 25 years ago and it was a lot colder than now.

4. Betullabond

Betullabond Trusted.Member

I'm pleased you posted this Katie Hopkins clip, she is a great favourite of mine. There are too many things to cover, here so I'll confine myself to the nature of conversation she's having with this kid. The kid is living proof of the comment below of Max Horkheimer and his Cultural Marxism of the Frankfurt School.

The trap for this kid is that she's too immature to understand that she's brainwashed. It takes 25 years for the human brain to develop the capacity for critical analysis - that's just a physical fact!

If you listen to Hopkins here she's using her adult capacity for critical analysis and her own life experience ant the reality of daily for the average British citizen...that is to say the Medium person. (not the very rich and not the very poor) Katie puts this in a very simple question. "Have you ever paid a bill in your life". and who pays your university fees. The answers are (1) No. (2) The British Tax Payer. She probably lives in her parents house and they pay for her food, clothing and utilities (electricity, gas, etc). She has no idea of the financial pressures of every day life.

Also if she is 20 years old, a mere 8 or 9 years ago she still believed in Father Christmas and the Easter Bunny, if not the Tooth Fairy. Doesn't sound like she's had time to gather much real life experience, does it? I actually had a Marxist Lecture at LaTrobe university say to me, in essence, "we like to get these kids while they're still young enough and stupid enough to believe what we say without being able to question it."

A huge danger for little Miss, Ms. Woke in this tape is that her generation has no respect for the life experience and wisdom of their elders: they have no contact with even the most recent world history.

quote-the-revolution.jpg

Neophyte likes this.
  5. Lian

Lian Friendly One

People under 25 can have a critical mind, that is just an argument used by older people to say "the young know nothing". So, no, its not "a fact" but a lie

And I am 20yo but I pay for my own things, so its a bit narrow minded to think that all 20yo are immatures living with their parents. I do not, I live on my own.

Incs, borabora and Brutus58 like this.
  6. Sohaa

Sohaa Trusted Member

Yes because of global warming

7. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Proff that
    Most under 25 are immature. [edit] You ARE in the minority for being on your own and taking responsibility for your own debts!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2023
  8. Betullabond

Betullabond Trusted.Member

You said you were you are 20 so that's the end of our conversation. And of course you have to have the last word. Do you really think we never went through the same
    smart-ass, know-it-all stage you're in right now?. Do you think we didn't we didn't want to stick-it-up mommy and daddy at your age, too? The difference is that we had the chance to grow out of it. You do not, thanks to Cultural Marxist indoctrination that, now as Horkheimer wanted, invades all aspects of Western, Family oriented, individualist, capitalist,Christian Society.

In 20 years time all us "older people" will be gone, thank God, and there will only be people like you, with self-righteousness, intolerance and a total lack of interpersonal skills to deal with each other. And I close with a quote from another 'older person" Vilfredo Pareto: You don't understand that you don't understand." Good luck with the future kid, it's one you and your generation deserve. LOL

OH, here's another quote, from Lenin, about people like you, people he called "useful idiots" - "If we can destroy the patriotism and National Pride of just one generation, we have won that nation." (But won it for what exactly).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2023
  9. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I screwed up with that one for sure about the age thing in my post. Thank you to who ever edited it out and not erased the entire post.

10. Lian

Lian Friendly One

This has nothing to do with sticking it up to mommy and daddy. Its you trying to undermine the arguments of everyone under 25 for some random, fake fact.
    Some younger people have more critical reasoning than older people. It has NOTHING to do with age

Also, I am not self righteous or intolerant. It seems that you are, since you refuse the argument of a whole generation based on what you think of them, of what you think you know of them.

So keep your insults and insinuations to yourself. You can give opinions, but dont act like you know the absolute truth, and like I have no worth because I am not an old white man.
    You are the indoctrinated one. I was raised to know the difference between facts and opinions.
    You are brainwashed. "Cultural Marxism", hilarious. But sure, believe in the Cold War era propaganda, yeah.. And since I am Asian, I guess that makes me even less worthy to be listened to, in your eyes?
    So keep your Monroe Doctrine to yourself, its not about Marxism, its not about my generation being Lefties, its just you living in the past, not able to cope with people with differenr opinions than yours.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
  11. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

For everybody.

Read the sticky at the top of the politics forum. Now read it again.

I will start closing threads if needed.

Lian likes this.
  12. SuperScrub

SuperScrub New Member

I believe in climate change

13. Harrycon

Harrycon Trusted Member

I am a climate change believer and I can understand people who are non believers when the weather dept can't get the forecast right for 3 days in advance yet are confident of predicting 5 years down the track

pussycat, Brutus58 and Lian like this.
  14. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I also DO believe in climate change, but not for all the politically correct reasons usually given.

15. pussycat

I think the underlying problem is that the majority of people don't understand the difference between weather and climate.
    Two completely different entities.

borabora and Lian like this.
  16. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Ask those people in California and they will tell tell you that the weather they are receiving (lots of snow and rain) is due to climate change.

17. pussycat

I'm sure it is due to climate "change". What's falling on their head isn't climate, it's weather.

Lian likes this.
  18. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Kinda hard to separate the two as the are linked.

19. pussycat

Of course they're linked. "Climate" is what causes the "weather", to overly simplify things.
    The climate is always changing, always has, always will. The planet goes through climatic cycles, and it's currently warming overall, has been since the last ice age. I don't think anybody is disputing that. Is human activity causing this? No.
    Is human activity contributing to climate change, causing it to accelerate? That's the point of discussion really, isn't it?
    If we are, by how much? Would it make any difference? Would it be much different if we didn't exist? These are the questions that should be asked, and answered to the best of our current knowledge. Preferably by those qualified to give a coherent answer, and not by some ass hole on you tube.

Incs, Lian and Brutus58 like this.
  20. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Well said!