1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

For Those Texans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamie jackson, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whenindoubtwhipitout

whenindoubtwhipitout Trusted.Member

2. whenindoubtwhipitout

3. whenindoubtwhipitout

4. whenindoubtwhipitout

5. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

In Colorado a "Ladies High Tea" would be very different. Emphasis on the word "High".

6. whenindoubtwhipitout

That invitation is for a local range. It is owned by some English expatriates. They fly the US, Texas and Union Jack at their place so tea and crumpets is not out of their realm.

annab2 likes this.
  7. whenindoubtwhipitout

8. whenindoubtwhipitout

9. whenindoubtwhipitout

10. whenindoubtwhipitout

11. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Whenindoubt looks like 10 of them rattlesnakes. Good eating but deadly as all get out. I had a tiny little copperhead at the lake cabin. Could get him fast enough and he escaped in to the high grass at the neighbors. One of our other neighbors had both their dogs bit. They got them to the Vet in time. My dogs have been bit several times the Vet told me that they had probably were immune from the venom. They were sick for three or four days. Now they just lick their wounds. It's the big rat snakes that take the chickens that I have the most problem. They clean the area of rats and mice but do raid the chicken coop. To kill or not to kill that is the question.

Jim Stone

longing4sis likes this.
  12. whenindoubtwhipitout

13. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Ain't that the truth and today was one of them days. We thought that 84 degrees was cool.

J.S.

14. muffdiver

muffdiver RIP (1948-2017)

15. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Dang Muff you hit it right on the head. There isn't anything meaner than a Texas gal. Nothing more soft, tender,and more passionate that a Texas gal. The thing you have to watch out for is that they can and will turn from one to the other on a dime. And watch out if they are a redhead.

Jim Stone

longing4sis likes this.
  16. whenindoubtwhipitout

[​IMG]
    CBS 11 Weather
    When trying to explain to a visitor what it means to "drive across town" save this image on your phone so you can show it to them. This is the Metroplex at night. The yellow line is the outline of Connecticut.

longing4sis likes this.
  17. muffdiver

muffdiver RIP (1948-2017)

From Dallas to Denton where I live is a good hour drive depending on time of day and traffic. From my sisters in Sachse to my place is an hour and 45 minutes.

18. whenindoubtwhipitout

19. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

That's how I sleep after a Broncoes win......and my Broncoes team has just played a fantastic game against.........the Cowboys. And beaten them 16 - 12. But it was a hard and fast game and either team could have won. Next Saturday the Cowboys are up against the Sharks from Cronulla (NSW) while the Broncoes have a break.

And for the information of you northern hemisphere folks - when we play footy,we don't get padded up like you lot. Just ask your new player for the 49ers - Jared Haynes. He used to play for the Paramatta Eels.

Cheers

20. whenindoubtwhipitout

The Dallas Cowboys had Matt McBriar an Aussie punter for several years. He was pretty good and once had a 75 yard punt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.