1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

For Those Texans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamie jackson, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

I wouldn't mind getting something like this as I believe that it really does have the power of persuasion:

.45 Magnum.jpg

But the laws where I live are not quite as relaxed as your are in the US of A (or should I say the Republic of Texas ?)

Cheers

longing4sis and jerrilynn like this.
  2. muffdiver

muffdiver RIP (1948-2017)

And yesterday the Texas legislature passed a bill that will allow concealed handgun permit holders to openly carry their weapons. Our new Governor said he will sign it into law.

Muff

villager, longing4sis and jerrilynn like this.
  3. leftout4

leftout4 Trusted.Member

Texas may have just found away to start a new type of population control. Good luck to all.

longing4sis likes this.
  4. whenindoubtwhipitout

whenindoubtwhipitout Trusted.Member

I am in need of getting my CC. However I do not see open carry. If someone is up to no good then you mark yourself as the threat to take out first.

villager, longing4sis and jerrilynn like this.
  5. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

One shot one kill. Daddy told me never to waste ammo. Three years ago I bought two boxes of ammo for my Winchester.270 cal. Fired it five times in three years with five deer in the freezer. Waste not want not. I will use the .22 on small game. Shotgun for the duck but that is six months away. You know us Texans kill it and grill it.

J.S.

6. jerrilynn

jerrilynn Trusted Member

HAPPY SAN JACINTO DAY, TEXAS

longing4sis likes this.
  7. whenindoubtwhipitout

Most people do not realize that for ten years after that battle Texas was a sovereign country after independence from Mexico. "Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation, in every sense of the word." - John Steinbeck

jamie jackson and longing4sis like this.
  8. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Whenindoubt love us or hate us everyone has that little urge to live here if for just a little while. It's like wanting to own a particular sports car or the ideal house. I find it is the spirit of the people. Their love for the state and it's history. Texas is unique is that it is the only state that was a country before it became a state. The only state that can fly it's flag at the same height as the U.S. flag. Independent, proud, and industrious gracious,funny and entertaining I think you have to live here to fully understand and appreciate the people and the land of Texas. After all who hasn't heard Don't mess with Texas or God bless Texas. Hope this helps those non Texans understand us a little better.

J.S.

9. whenindoubtwhipitout

10. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

I have seen that one before. Love it but it's not that way in most of Texas. We behave ourselves so we don't have problems. If you look for trouble you can find it. Out here in the swamp I don't fear people it is the dang critters that gives me the most worry.

Elizabeth likes this.
  11. jerrilynn

jerrilynn Trusted Member

12. whenindoubtwhipitout

13. jerrilynn

jerrilynn Trusted Member

I admit to not being the sharpest knife in the drawer and I have many blonde moments, but is Texas the only state where PBR does NOT stand for Pabst Blue Ribbon?

14. muffdiver

Damn sis the state beer is Lone Star. Classes on being a Texan start tomorrow for you. Papst is a dirty word here. lol Love you.

Muff

Jerrisgirl and jerrilynn like this.
  15. jerrilynn

jerrilynn Trusted Member

I was just wondering how a beer could sanction a rodeo event. PBR sanctioned meant Professional Bull Riders and not beer. DOH!!!:confused:
    And I'll pass on the classes. Other then some very fine people here, we really don't like it. Way too many tornadoes for a girl who panics when watches are issued and terrified at warnings. We're just a couple of "beach bunnies" out of place and going back home. And I know about the tornado in Jacksonville, Fl. I can deal with a very rare F0 or F1
    every 5 years, not a daily F3-F5. Besides, going to Port Charlotte, near Ft. Myers.

Jerrisgirl likes this.
  16. muffdiver

Sorry to hear that.

jerrilynn likes this.
  17. Jerriswife

Jerriswife Account Deleted

A friend once told me that Lone Star tasted like vinegar and corn syrup. Not being drinkers, I can only take her word for it. All beer is nasty to us.

jerrilynn likes this.
  18. whenindoubtwhipitout

19. jerrilynn

jerrilynn Trusted Member

Nothing personal. We just aren't happy here. I love you to death, bro, and always will.

20. jim stone

jim stone Gentleman Jim

Jerrisgirl I would say that is a fairly good assessment of Lone Star. One of the things I miss about the Midwest. Great beer and excellent cheese.

Jerrilynn I can understand your fear on tornadoes. But having lived in tornado alley all my life and having survived two. I have a great respect for them. Texas has it's tornadoes and Florida it's hurricanes. I live just close enough to Louisiana that I have went thru two. Rita and Ivan. Both still hurricanes when they went thru. Now they scared me. One thing this old Iowa boy can well do without. A tornado is over in a matter of minutes hurricanes goes on for hours. Don't know where you are at in Texas but these last few weeks have been trying with all the rain and wind. Was in two tornado watches today alone. Who says Texas does not have four seasons. We have Tornado season, Hurricane season, road construction season, and deer season.

J.S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.