1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Should Media Companies be held responsible for their lies?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Lian, Apr 30, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Anyway, to return to media, I think Canada's medias are fine, except when it concern one province in particular. Then, its biased as fuck. I mean, Canadian medias lies a lot about the Quebec. Before living in the Quebec, when I was younger, I admit I believed some of these medias. But now I see they lie a LOT, to try to make the Quebec a bully, twisting words to make them say things they didnt say. And I hate that.

White Rabbit likes this.
  2. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Oh dear! I shall be late!

I never seen anything that hated Quebec from the media. I'm all eyes and ears if you have some sources for me to take a gander at.

Jumpit likes this.
  3. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

4 years at NYC DA, 3 at AUSA, almost 13 years in Private Practice as a Defense Attorney now. Don't believe me. Don't care.

4. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Just look at JJ McCullaugh (not sure how its spelled), or at articles from Amir Attaran saying Quebec is racist, or any article speaking about the fact that Quebec wants religions to be seoarated from the state and power

5. Walnutty

Walnutty Account Deleted

1) I was infected with covid 4-5 times before any vaccine was available. Almost died the first 2 times because of a genetic susceptibility to this covid virus unlike other viruses. I haven't been sick in well over a decade and never had chicken pox when everyone had it.

2) Covid vaccines didn't stop the spread of the virus. Vaccinated individuals still spread the virus.

3) https://goodsciencing.com/covid/athletes-suffer-cardiac-arrest-die-after-covid-shot/

4) I'm non-vaccine because I know that the human body has an intracellular antiviral autophagy mechanism which is upregulated by some specific nutrients at high doses. Vaccine companies need to stop misleading the public.

Perfectawful, Jumpit and White Rabbit like this.
  6. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

More like "1984" than most intelligent people would like. Joe Biden and the Democrats tried to create their "Ministry of Truth", they called it "Misinformation Governance Board". And they appointed one of the most Far Left Activist to head this board so she could declare anything she didn't like as misinformation. Of course being a Far Left Activist, she would be honest about declaring that (the Right are telling the Truth and the Left are Lying.) or something like that.

Jumpit likes this.
  7. Neophyte

I would say the Dominion allegations couldn't be proven True, not that the allegations were False. There were the issues that Dominion refused court orders to let auditors from examining their Voting Machines and Software. And Dominion got the tests run on their machines, when tested, did not return counts matching those of hand counted tally's. And the machines in question were only from one State.

8. Neophyte

Yes the Leftwing Media does that all the time. Like when they called Trump a Racist for calling White Nationalist and Neo-Nazi's "Fine People" by editing out the video of his speech where in the very next statement Trump said "I don't mean the Neo-Nazi's and White Nationalist. I condemn them completely." It's interesting that only Left leaning media cut that out of his speech.

Perfectawful likes this.
  9. Lian

Lian Friendly One

You always say "but the Left did it" as if it made it alright to do it too. 1- its not and 2- proof?

10. buffyfan

Partly False. Same Press Conference. Not the "very next statement". It was only after he was pressed about 5 minutes later by a reporter in a later question that he said the 2nd part. Not the "very next statement". So yes, he said it, but only when pressed by someone saying, effectively, "Did you just call White Supremecists and Neo Nazis 'Fine People'?".

11. Neophyte

You are talking about the press conference about the Charlottesville's speech. I am talking about the Charlottesville speech itself.

12. buffyfan

I googled it. Every source, regardless of political bent, says he said both. But not one after another. They were at seperate times. But both said. It was not a ", other things" that was cut. It was said minutes later as clarification. Makes it better. But was not said as a single statement. As if he realize he spoke half a thought when someone pointed it out. It happens. I am agreeing that he did not praise WS and Nazis. But he also did not say it as one sentence that was cut and taken out of context. Two different moments.

13. Neophyte

I didn't say it was one sentence. He said the fine people on both side. He then uttered a couple of single words. Then said in a full sentence, that he didn't mean the white nationalist blah blah, I totally disavow them, they should be condemned. I listened to the actual full speech, not the edited version used by the press. Most of the edited versions stopped immediately after the fine people on both side, stop. If they went a few seconds more the you would hear the denouncement and condemnation. It's telling that those news agencies didn't even play 5 seconds more of the speech. You would think with multiple stations and channels, one would have played 5 seconds more.

14. buffyfan

Post the full speech where he said it right away. Because, again, every source I can find? And both sides are agreeing, say it was a correction later. Not right away. If you are remembering? The entire media including Conservative Sources are saying it was seperated.

15. Neophyte

16. Apoc666

Apoc666 Trusted Member

The current media is on its long death rattle as they become less and less relevent due to the advent of muliple online news sources not run by the legacy media companys just look at CNN disparaging Joe Rogan because more people listen to joes long format and pay attention than to their over hyped and underwhelming efforts.

17. Southernman3160

Southernman3160 Trusted Member

Yes they should be held accountable. All of them. They all lie equally.

18. Lian

Lian Friendly One

We also need ti differenciate medias in USA and those in other countries. US medias are biased, they support a group in particular, even if CNN at least try to say the truth, unlike Fox News.
    In Canada, medias are indeoendant, they do not support a group, they are not tied to thr pilitics, which make them way better

19. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Oh dear! I shall be late!

While the CBC is technically independent, it is not privately owned like Global or CTV. It is a public funded broadcaster that gets a lot of money from the Federal government. The Globe and Mail along with the Toronto Star are typically liberal, left leaning publications, while the National Post and the Toronto Sun are more for the right side or conservative crowd. I like the Sun for its decent sports section and of course, The Sunshine Girl on the back page ;)

Jumpit likes this.
  20. Xxxeeee

Xxxeeee Account Deleted

They made content they believe is true...like thanos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.