1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Trump

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Nerdboy, Jun 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lolimsa

Lolimsa Moderator Staff Member

@Neophyte and @Dracoa you seem to not realize that outside the US we get your real news. We don't have left or right wing media about US news, we just have the US news. About Michelle Obama, I recall more than once she gave intelligent and inspirational speeches, talked about real issued, and always gave good example. No scandals in the Obama family. But Donald is a clown and Melania does nothing useful. I really have nothing against Republicans, I don't care about US parties ;) but the whole world knows that the Trumps are way lower quality persons and leaders than the Obamas. Sorry :(

curiousFred, Dane, Rhue and 1 other person like this.
  2. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

There are several scandals about Obama, you just don't hear about it in your news. We here have heard of a lot of scandals. Like when Obama's administration gave guns to the Mexican Drug Cartels, or when Obama ordered the assassination of a U.S. citizen without due process, or when he gave Iran billions of dollars in cash, which Iran used to sponsor terrorist activity in Yemen, or U.S. embassy attack in Bengasi, or when Obama sent money to Israel to influence their election and have Netanyahu throw out, there are a lot more scandals but I doubt you ever heard about them in your news.

Joe68, muttley, Lolimsa and 1 other person like this.
  3. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

No scandals for the Obamas? Like Fast and Furious gun running?

Lolimsa and Neophyte like this.
  4. Rockyloon192

Rockyloon192 Looking To Make A Local Family

prisoner1969 and Insp Gadget like this.
  5. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Don't apologize, you nailed it perfectly. :)

Lolimsa likes this.
  6. Lolimsa

@Neophyte I googled the first thing you mentioned, which happens to be what Dracoa also mentioned. If this was the worst scandal by the Obamas, then he is fine :D

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2012/jun/18/rick-perry/rick-perry-says-obama/

"... botched federal gun trafficking investigation on the U.S.-Mexico border known as Fast and Furious in which federal agents lost track of hundreds of firearms they were letting flow into Mexico from Arizona as part of an effort to build cases against Mexican drug cartels.

The multi-agency federal arms-trafficking investigation took place from late 2009 to early 2011 -- during Obama’s presidency -- under the Phoenix office of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, an agency of the Justice Department.

In the operation, agents purposely allowed weapons to be illegally purchased and circulated on both sides of the U.S.-Mexico border, as the Los Angeles Times said in a Dec. 8, 2011, news story. Two of the weapons turned up after a U.S. Border Patrol agent was killed in southern Arizona, the paper said, though for a January 2012 fact check, we found no information supporting a claim that ballistics tests confirmed that the found weapons killed the agent.

The Times said scores of other guns in the operation were reportedly used in violent crimes in Mexico ..."

Rhue likes this.
  7. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Barack and Michelle Obama would both be more than welcome in our house. In fact we would be delighted to have them for dinner. I don't agree with his political leanings, but that's irrelevant. I always found both of them to be intelligent, articulate and to have a lot of class.

None of which could be said about Donald Trump. The man is a piece of garbage.

I have nothing against his wife, she married money and power - good for her if that's what you want.

Dane, curiousFred, Rhue and 1 other person like this.
  8. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

Piece of shit.

9. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

This is good news, my friends . .

Melania.jpg

It means that President Trump didn't read the really trashy fashion mags ! [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    oldman681 and itshot like this.
  10. Insp Gadget

The Prime Minister of Finland, you say ? [​IMG]

Anni Ruth.jpg

oldman681 and itshot like this.
  11. Lolimsa

curiousFred and oldman681 like this.
  12. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I agree he is the most un-couth president that ever served.
    But, he did fix some of the BS trade agreements we had as well as the stopping of unfair and unbalanced 'fees' we were paying to the UN and others.
    Too bad he has the charisma of an alligator.

Lolimsa likes this.
  13. Insp Gadget

President Trump got Canada's Trans Mountain Pipeline approval unclogged.
    Where was our pretty-boy Justin ? Grooming his oh so 'sel-et-poivre' facial hairs. ooh- la-la
    The little dope probably still doesn't know how it happened.

Dane and itshot like this.
  14. Lolimsa

I googled that. The BBC mentions Trump only regarding his lack of protection for the environment:

upload_2020-12-31_17-41-45.png

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38139449

Dane and Insp Gadget like this.
  15. Insp Gadget

Exactly. Google ? BBC ? ......
    Mainstream Media people - responsible only to their controlling interests. They pick and choose the news that keeps them happy.
    Another example would be the traditional Christmas bombing of the Syrians. It of course happened again, just not in the news.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    itshot, Dane and Lolimsa like this.
  16. Lolimsa

Oh right, I see Trump prevented you from being fooled by mainstream media. Just curious: Where do you pick and choose your news from?

itshot and Insp Gadget like this.
  17. Insp Gadget

You need to sort of collect things that you've noticed, and how their validity turned out later. It just happens and it takes time.
    Be skeptical and apply judgment, but the problem is that those most often come from making mistakes.
    For example, I too used to trust the mainstream news.

18. Lolimsa

Thanks. But I still wish to understand: Where do you "collect things" from? Where do you get news if you don't trust mainstream ones???

19. Insp Gadget

As much as it may seem impolite to offend the sensibilities of my neighbours, and on such a night as this ...
    Here's a real good start - https://www.rt.com/news/ - Question More

Dane and Lolimsa like this.
  20. Lolimsa

I'm surprised :) I also like and believe in RT !! They have a special program about Latin American news, with a presenter that speaks perfect Spanish. I know RT is propagan-dish for Russia, but, they tell the truth more accurately than most stablished news sources.

Dane and Insp Gadget like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.