1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

what's the last movie you've seen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thattechguy, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Blub

Blub Trusted Member

"Sunshine"

2. Reggie

Reggie New Member

Natural Born Killers. I can't count the number of times I've watched that movie. Is there something wrong with me?

3. roxxxy

roxxxy Trusted Member

terminator

4. blueberry_blowfish

blueberry_blowfish Trusted Member

I watch more old films than newer ones. Last new movie I saw was Jurassic World, but the true last movie I watched was The Ice Pirates from the 80's.

Jurassic World was decent. Ice Pirates was weird and not as entertaining as I thought it would be.

5. totaltoon1

totaltoon1 Trusted Member

6. mikehazard56

mikehazard56 Trusted Member

transformers

7. moldiver

moldiver Fereshte Operative

Terminator: Genisys and it was good! Allot better than Terminator 3 and Salvation. However I wish it was more violent like the original and Judgment Day.

8. Grumpy23

Grumpy23 Account Deleted

Ant-Man beat down every expectation that I had and then some. See it in 3d!

9. Princess Amy

Princess Amy Account Deleted

Edge of Tomorrow

edge_of_tomorrow-wide.jpg

Horrible!
    They've completely ignored the manga they were copying!
    If you want the real deal, read "All you need is kill".

10. Princess Amy

Voices of a Distant Star

title1-e1426940135604-750x400.png

Makoto Shinkai takes the romance and layers it with science fiction to create a short animation with a suitable title, Voices of a Distant Star.At a brief 25 minutes, this animation packs a punch when it comes to story concept and character. The idea of text messaging with cell phones through space is highly amusing. As the characters grow, their text messages travel years through space to reach their destinations, which creates some emotional interactions between the two leads.The science fiction space battles, while not the highlight of the film, are fun and backed with some excellent sound effects. If there is one thing lacking here, it is the build up of the Tarsian aliens, although they are background when it comes to the relationship between Mikako and Noburo.There isn't much to the voice work, since there are only 2 characters and one "operator" that need voices. All that needs to be said is Mika Shinohara, Makoto Shinkai, and Donna Burke get the jobs done.Voices of a Distant Star is easily a film to make time for. Give it a try. It's only 25 minutes.

11. Princess Amy

Space Battleship Yamato
    Space-Battleship-Yamato.jpg

so, they took a fallen battleship, give it railguns for cannons, and a front mount ion weapon that can destroy a row of other battle ships, AND WARP??? these mofo's don't fuck around.

12. Princess Amy

13. Princess Amy

14. Jerriswife

Jerriswife Account Deleted

Not the best movie you will ever see but not the worst. Adam Sandler was bad and Kevin James' work makes Paul Blart look like Qscar material. This story has been done before and much better. The script is cliched and overall pretty boring. Having said that, it was fun. The action scenes bring back old "friends" Pac Man, Centipede, Donkey Kong, Frogger and other 80s era video games. I really liked the action scenes and made the time spent worth it. The humor was hit and miss, mostly miss. If you can get discount admission, then give it a shot. Just don't expect much.
    P.S. Just found out this was released in 3D. That has to be an improvement. 2 1/2 stars out of 5

Grumpy23 and jerrilynn like this.
  15. jerrilynn

jerrilynn Trusted Member

I agree for the most part. I give it 2 stars. I'm no fan of Adam Sandler and this one doesn't help any. Overall, it had it's moments and the special fx were pretty cool. I suggest seeing it in 3D. It would be more fun. Don't expect much.

16. Princess Amy

Macross Frontier

index.jpg

17. Princess Amy

Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F'

images.jpg

Just saw this in the theater, it was wonderful! 100x better than Battle of Gods in my opinion, as a die hard fan of Dragon Ball. I felt like a kid again watching it! So many scenes got actual standing ovations from the long time fans within the packed house - 10/10 from me!

18. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

Watching Tyne Daly and Clint Eastwood now in the Enforcer.

Cheers

jerrilynn likes this.
  19. Grumpy23

Grumpy23 Account Deleted

It was bad, saw it yesterday, good thing I'm friends with Mary Jane. She makes movies way too much fun.

jerrilynn likes this.
  20. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

Saw Mission Impossible for the second time today. Saw it last weekend also, as well as Mr. Holmes.