1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

"Shaun the Sheep" and his Friends

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by allison17, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Antares

Antares The Famous LTD Doggie

Its just what Pilots call GMT. It was originally started because time zones had letters instead of numbers and GMT was in the Z zone and Z was Zulu according to the military phonetic alphabet that was being used. Eastern Standard Time zone became GMT-5 but before then it was R for Romeo.

Here are two videos that explain GMT and Local Time Zones. Remember that GMT is also called Zulu by Pilots and the Military but it really the same thing just with a different name. (video #2 is a it more complicated so watch video #1 first.)

LuckyDuck, Gracui, annab2 and 2 others like this.
  2. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Thanks Doggie I will check them out. :)

Gracui and annab2 like this.
  3. Antares

I live with it all the time. My watch (or rather my cell phone is set for GMT) so I go through the day using GMT. Of course right now I am living in the GMT time zone so its no biggie. But here we also call it BST (British Summer Time) or IST (for Irish Summer Time). Trouble is that when we go back to standard time we still call it BST (British Standard Time) which is also GMT (Greenwitch Mean Time), With daylight saving time in effecct right now we are GMT +1 cause there is no Daylight time with GMT so we are 1 hr ahead of GMT and my friend Slisse is GMT +2 as he is in the CET time zone (Central European Time) which covers Euurope all the way to Russia which is MSK (Moscow Standard Time) or GMT +3 with daylight time in effect. Take away daylight time and Russia become GMT +2, Slisse GMT +1, the Doggie GMT +0 and Allison GMT-6. Hope this helps for right now its Doggie Dinner Time as its approaching 5 PM. as I type this.

curiousFred, Hal, annab2 and 2 others like this.
  4. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Dear Professor Antares,

I am writing in response to your comment regarding an animal last seen in the Chat Room - the one to which you so quaintly referred as a 'two-headed sheep'.

Well it was in fact, a type of Horny Dillama ...

Horny Dilemma.jpg (shown with optional horns)

Yes, the type upon which it is not good for one to be stuck. This creature was known to our colleague Dr. Dolittle, as you know. But the story goes back even earlier than that.

See that odd creature which is spawning all those new Dillamalambs ? That is a creation of our old acquaintance Dr. Morbius - you remember him, the one who just flew off to Altair IV one day and never came back. He was a black sheep of the profession, for sure. But he invented the most amazing of creatures.

Like his daughter ...

Altaira.jpg
    ... and some robot monster thing or another -
    I can't remember the rest.

Anyway, thank you for your interest in this matter, and we must meet again soon in the Chat Room.

(Oh say, and while we're here - don't you think that the old Room needs a lounge area ? And perhaps some pretty ladies in slinky outfits - like cowgirls, pussycats, super-heroines - you know, 'that kind' of outfit. Yes, I think that would be a grand idea.)

Best regards,

I.G.

allison17 and annab2 like this.
  5. annab2

annab2 Trusted Member"It ain't pretty being easy!"

It beats me! Exactly how did you manage to line up your texts, under your wonderful pics? o_O

6. Insp Gadget

Well the small stuff after the picture, I just typed after I'd inserted the picture.

Then I just indented each picture a couple of times, and the text goes with it.

The rest wasn't shifted anywhere at all - so it didn't take much.

And any post with graphics takes a couple of tries - a little nudge here, some more space there, back and forth doing stuff like that.

7. annab2

Yeppers, I just start with a center axis!
    Chimpwins2-ok.gif
    It works pretty darn well for me, anyhow! :)
    chimpwins1.gif chimpwins1.gif chimpwins1.gif chimpwins1.gif
    Yes, apparently ZIP, the Chimp had offspring! ;)

LuckyDuck and allison17 like this.
  8. Antares

That's incest for you. They're all the same. We used to have a member some years back who used that chimp for his avatar.

9. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

That certain Californian simian still drops by from time to time.

;)

10. annab2

Yeppers, I pondered using "ZIP" myself! My one great line seemed, a little too harsh! As in, e.g. "You don't know "ZIP!" There were a "TON" of pics of Zip, from the 1950's, when he was a Show Business "Phenomenon!" :)

allison17 likes this.
  11. Insp Gadget

Zulu time on the ZIP line ...

[​IMG]

12. Insp Gadget

There, this is better ...

Sheep Zip.JPG

13. Hal

Hal TrustlTrusted Member

I keep track of Zulu time myself. An old habit from being on a B-52 crew. I also set ALL my devices I can to 24 your time. (mostly local time)

14. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

15. Antares

I never called it that although I would see it labeled on the clock. To me it was always GMT and not ZULU.

As for time keeping I am so used to using a 24 hr clock that its become normal for me. I dislike using AM or PM now. Its awkward....

USAF C-17

allison17, annab2 and Hal like this.
  16. Insp Gadget

It's Eclipse Day on the Sheep Farm too ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. slisse

slisse Moderator Staff Member

That's a herd with a lot of black sheep!

18. TokyRose

TokyRose Trusted Member

Come back, Shaun. You know there'll never be anothe ewe !

I've seen sheepses banned elsewhere, too. Mainly because of the plethora of bad sheep jokes!!

TR

Insp Gadget and annab2 like this.
  19. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

20. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member