1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Whats for Dinner tonight???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rubber duck 2, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Rubber duck 2

Rubber duck 2 Trusted.Member

Tonite it's country style steak "n tomato gravy, rice, butter beans and biscuits...

Athenea, Odette and Star_of_sea like this.
  2. Star_of_sea

Star_of_sea Collector of ephemeral moments.

Did he like last night's dinner with my recipe? Did your father like the food?

Athenea, Rubber duck 2 and Odette like this.
  3. Odette

Odette No one can convey what they do not feel

Yes, the preparation takes time, but the result is very good on the palate, a refreshing and complete dish, very pleasant. Dad also likes it a lot and wants to repeat it over time. You are right, accompanying it with salty bread increases the flavor, it is the perfect accompaniment.

Thank you so much for the recipe.

Many kisses. :):)

4. Odette

Tonight also with friends, but pizza.

5. Athenea

Athenea Some dream of a beautiful world, others create it. Staff Member

Estrella de Mar, forgetting my sister's company, because any event, even the most boring, if it is with her company, her smile and her life, is really paradise and focusing only on the food, I would say interesting, but some dishes a bit spicy and with very strong flavours, like the "patatas bravas and gambas al ajillo", I wrote down the names on the restaurant menu, they were in your language and mine. We didn't order big individual dishes, but several small dishes and we really liked the octopus, small roasted peppers, some spicy but you never know which one it was until you eat it, "clochinas", "tortilla de patatas y cebolla", "montaditos" of various shapes, roasted vegetables..., but best of all the ham, real ham and cheese, my sister and I like cheese very much. We accompanied it all with a wine from your land, from Requena. For dessert orange ice cream accompanied by "coca de llanda", we asked for a Valencian dessert and they told us that it is typical in Valencia. To finish and in your memory, coffee with cinnamon. We were invited to a "chupito" of hazelnut, very sweet and pleasant. But my sister and I still think that all these dishes would taste better if eaten by the Mediterranean. :);)

They also had paella but we remembered what you said about paella in the evening only being eaten by tourists, plus my sister and I want our first paella to be in Valencia. We enjoyed a lot and you were very present in our conversations. It was a strange feeling because for the first time we had the sensation that not only my sister and I were at the table, but also you were with us. A strange feeling because it was new, but very pleasant. :)

Don't be jealous Odette, we remember you too. :D

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
    Star_of_sea, Rubber duck 2 and Odette like this.
  6. Rubber duck 2

Tonite its Italian minestrone soup and cheesy garlic bread...

7. Its-just-a-fantasy

Its-just-a-fantasy Account Deleted

Sausage, Chips (Fries), Fried Eggs and Baked Beans. Yummy

8. Star_of_sea

Yes, there are dishes in Spanish cuisine that have an intense, very intense flavour, but for you and your sister they must not be difficult dishes to taste, because after eating fried spider, any dish can't beat that experience. :p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D

upload_2022-7-18_2-33-55.jpeg

Athenea, Odette and Rubber duck 2 like this.
  9. Star_of_sea

10. SevereDeceit

SevereDeceit Trusted.Member

Ribeye steak. Several years ago I changed from a pretty bad diet to a ketogenic diet. Within two weeks, I stopped snoring, my sleep apnea was gone, I had lost weight. I lost 11 pounds in the first week although admittedly it was mostly water. I was starting to feel better. After a year of keto I changed to a carnivore diet. It’s really boring. Meat, water, a little salt, an occasional black coffee or unsweet tea. It’s not something I try to convince other people to do. It works for me. I’ve lost 72 pounds, have better sleep, better mood, stable energy levels throughout the day and feel better overall. It’s a very boring way of eating though.

Rubber duck 2 and TittyKitty like this.
  11. Rubber duck 2

Tonite tacos and beef nachos...

12. Rubber duck 2

Tonite homemade chili cheese hotdogs, baked beans and fries...

13. Odette

Mushroom and cheese omelette, with vegetables. Wine and dessert.

14. Rubber duck 2

Tonite baby back bbq ribs, corn on cob, and cheesy potatoes...

15. Hornyukdude

Hornyukdude Trusted Member

Burger King

16. Athenea

Athenea Some dream of a beautiful world, others create it. Staff Member

I will have dinner with friends at the Spanish restaurant where I had dinner with my sister on our couple's night out. I want to share that meal with them. :)

Rubber duck 2, Star_of_sea and Odette like this.
  17. Star_of_sea

Did you eat paella on this occasion? :):):):):)

18. Mama_Lova

Mama_Lova *L O V E°

Cannelloni Spinach
    Garlic with RetSina

19. Vandermanjim

Vandermanjim Trusted Member

Just caught a big lingcod, so likely a fish and chip special :) :)

Rubber duck 2 likes this.
  20. Rubber duck 2

Tonite fried catfish nuggets, french fries, cole slaw and hush puppies...

Athenea, Mama_Lova, Odette and 2 others like this.