1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Trump

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Lian, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Lian

Lian Friendly One

What is it with Trump and his Cult Personality? Why are so many Americans worshipping that lying piece of sh*t? How can they believe any of his lies? The guy doesnt give a fuck about America. He never served his country (dodged the draft) and isnt that successful (his parents and their parents made the Trump fortune, he's losing lot of money, so much that he asks his 'followers' to pay for his lawyers and planes and all).
    What the fuck is wrong with USA?

2. VeryStable

VeryStable Trusted.Member

Are you familiar with Joe Biden?

DPU and Tylerwolf like this.
  3. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Just wondering, but does anybody know (I mean know, not just a bullshit opinion) if a person can hold public office with a criminal record in the USA?

I don't mean elected, but if Trump is convicted of a felony, can he legally be sworn in as President?

Akbloke and VeryStable like this.
  4. VeryStable

VeryStable Trusted.Member

I’m very familiar with our constitution. All it says is you have to be 35 years or older and a born citizen. If it doesn’t say you can’t be in the constitution, then you can’t be prevented from it.
    Remember, our founding fathers were all labeled criminals and traitors by England.

Nos4a2 likes this.
  5. Polarbears

Polarbears Trusted.Member

They can up here. In Canada you can hold political office unless you have been convicted of a felony carrying a sentence of more than two years. But even then, you can hold office after you have served your sentence or been issued a pardon.

Wab Kinew got elected Premier of Manitoba, right?

VeryStable likes this.
  6. Lian

Lian Friendly One

And drug addicts like Ford was Premier of Ontario

7. Judy-TX-87

Judy-TX-87 Trusted Member

There are a lot of inaccuracies in your comments. They also insinuate , and perhaps this was not your intention, that he is one of only a very select few public leaders throughout history who didn't get some kind of help from their parents, and don't tell the truth. I'd ask that you please list specifically some of the lies and cultist behaivor that he and his supporters have engaged in so that we can appropriately discuss the issues that have you so upset. And I'd ask that you please provide something more than simply stating "January 6" as I'm sure you know, just in the last few weeks there have been illegal sit ins at multiple federal buildings and other various locations where illegal and violence activity has taken place.

8. pussycat

Remember, check facts before posting.

Rob Ford, crack head, Mayor of Toronto.

Doug Ford, Premier of Ontario.

Yes, Doug Ford is an ass hole, but let's not blame the guy for his brother's fuck-ups.

Lian likes this.
  9. Lian

Lian Friendly One

True, I sometime confuse the two brothers. But both are jerks.

10. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky Trusted.Member

He can be. The qualifications for the US Presidency are a laugh. You just have to be born on US soil and then wait for 35 years. But what if a judge sends him to jail? Or is the legal battle put on hold during his presidency (or should I call it reign)?

There is one good thing though.... The constitution allows for a maximum of 2 terms. One has already passed, so just one to go and Trump can no longer pursue holding Office.

Akbloke likes this.
  11. bw19481

bw19481 Trusted.Member

Yes. The only way a person becomes ineligible is if they are convicted for a high crime or misdemeanor or previously impeached and removed from office. The infamous Washington DC mayor Marion Barry was convicted of smoking and possession of crack, served time in prison and then was re-elected again by the crackhead citizens of DC.

12. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

But....if he is convicted by Judge Jaun Merchan in this trial in New York, and if he gets a lengthy sentence, he will be sitting in jail while Joe Biden is going for re-election, and may get to be President for the second term. If this happens, then I can't see Donald J trying for President in 2029...?? With the present trial ongoing, it is not about just paying off Stormy Daniels...it is about Election Fraud to deceive the voters....
    A few short weeks will reveal......

13. bw19481

bw19481 Trusted.Member

He wont be getting convicted since they have yet to say what the crime is. Second he could still be president because the secret service will determine the security arrangements.

14. pussycat

I saw this on facebook, sums it up perfectly:

“Talented and well-practiced in every vice, a stranger to compassion or empathy, a liar and a cheat so complete in perfidy that he has elevated his dishonesty to hold it up as an ersatz moral principle. Violent, so long as he can order someone else to do the dirty work. Grotesque in body, graceless in action, in possession of a wounded self-regard so colossal as to smother any spark of grace.
    Treasonous, not only to country, but to every ally he has ever had, the poisoned fruit and rankest flower of racism and contempt for women, and utterly devoid of shame for his moral and spiritual bankruptcy. That is your leader. That is to whom you give your money. That is who you follow and laud. That is whose banner you willingly carry. Why? Because he is a mirror, not a lighthouse. You see yourselves in him. He is what you would be, if you had inherited money and could shed the last vestiges of conscience and shame. No, I do not “respect your choices,” nor do I admire your loyalty and dedication to this miserific, demoniac vision. You have demonstrated not only a lack of civic virtue, loyalty to the Republic and to the rule of law, but a willingness to engage in violence and sedition at his slightest expressed wish. And you will never, ever admit you were wrong. Because you see your dark, twisted, resentful dreams in him. And to renounce him is to renounce yourselves.”
    ~ Advocatus Peregrini

[​IMG]

Always-Learning, Akbloke and Lian like this.
  15. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky Trusted.Member

You can't prosecute someone without a crime. In this case he tried to silence Stormy Daniels and made payments to her. Paying for her silence in itself is not a crime, but making the wrong statement about those payments is since it helped his campaign. Helped is maybe a big word for it, but Stormy telling her story wouldn't benefit his campaign a bit.

Now we all have to trust the American Justice system to do it's job. Harassing everybody, falling asleep during trial and ignoring a gag order are not helping him. So we'll see. If he is convicted to prison, he needs to go. How the Secret Service then performs it's task to protect him is another matter.

16. bw19481

bw19481 Trusted.Member

The problem is that he used his personal funds and not campaign cash to pay anyone. Additionally, how do we know it was for his campaign and not his marriage? If it was a campaign violation then why did the FEC decline to prosecute or even fine him? Why did the first DA decline to prosecute and then Bragg prosecuted after a disgruntled ADA write a book? How did the judge allow this case to move forward after the statute of limitations run out?

UpNorthChris likes this.
  17. borabora

borabora Moderator Staff Member

The leaders of St. Petersburg's Hackers Academy (Russia) claim
    that Donald Trump has not paid them yet promised by him 4,5 Million USD.
    This St. Petersburg's Hackers Academy helped Donald Trump with their interference
    to win presidential elections in USA on 2016.

Always-Learning likes this.
  18. Always-Learning

Always-Learning Trusted Member

The answer to that is, Yes, he can hold office with a felony. The only thing that will keep him from being able to run is if he is convicted of insurrection, which is why he is fighting the Jan 6th and document trials so hard. If found guilty of either, he will never be able to hold office (not even dog catcher) again.

I wish there were a felony clause. Half of both chambers would be empty from both sides. Rick Scott was convicted of the largest Medicaid fraud case in US history, after using the 5th amendment over 70 time when he went before Congress. Now he sits in Congress and is messing with benefits that he used to make himself a millionaire.

Last edited: May 1, 2024 at 12:32 PM
    VeryStable likes this.
  19. Always-Learning

A little inaccuracy to your statement. A conviction by a state cannot be put off or dismissed by anyone on the Federal level. And if a person is unable to meet the demands of the office, like attend emergency meetings, they are not allowed to hold office. New York is not going to let him do his time in the District of Columbia... therefore he will be unable to meet the demands or hold the office.

Last edited: May 1, 2024 at 12:29 PM
  20. Always-Learning

The crime wasn't that they paid her, it was the fact it came from campaign funds under the heading of legal fees. And as this unfolds, it became an enterprise designed to hide his many crimes...