1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

The Decline of the United States

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Oct 3, 2023.

1. bw19481

bw19481 Trusted.Member

So like all of your Trump BS?

2. vempaivem

vempaivem Hopeful to a fault

@bw19481 - a bit insensitive, but a fair point. @Lian, you have to admit it is a bit hypocritical to ask people to stop slamming Biden when you very openly slam Trump. Can we all agree that bashing any one president or any one political side does not actually help? Like, at all? While I agree it is good to discuss the failures that have led to a certain degree of decline in our nation, slamming each other only perpetuates an already inflamed climate.

Why don't we turn this thread into a constructive discussion of how we can move back toward the reason why we have the type of government that made us great in the first place? We could start by revisiting these words of Thomas Jefferson in the Declaration of Independence: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed..."

Do we actually feel like those in power are just? Does anyone feel like we are actually being governed by consent? Or does anyone, like me, feel like the decline of our country is directly tied to those who have inordinate wealth or power, and use those means to increase their own standing or push through their own ideologies, as opposed to increasing the means by which we can all achieve those unalienable rights?

D.C. Barnet and UpNorthChris like this.
  3. Lian

Lian Friendly One

I ask to stop blaming Biden because most people on here are just using propaganda or bullshit videos from pseudo-experts, they make claims but never have proof.
    But sure, I am the one in the wrong, yeah. Suuure

4. bw19481

bw19481 Trusted.Member

Hunters laptop. Tony Bobulinski. Millions in wire transfers from, China, Romania, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine.

There is loads of proof you CHOOSE to not see it.

5. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Hunter's laptop, who was stolen and held for who kbows how long. By people who can have done anything with it. They fucked up any proof they might have had eith that one by being total morons.
    And what about the mails from Trump? Or the facts he said he can just rape women if he wants because he is a superstar and he can just grab them by the pussy?

6. bw19481

bw19481 Trusted.Member

Even the FBI, Hunters attorney and Hunter himself have all acknowledged that it was his. Again you CHOOSE not to see it. You fall for the liberal propaganda and then claim everyone that disagrees with you is a conspiracy theorist.

D.C. Barnet and UpNorthChris like this.
  7. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Yes, it was his. But it was in possession of OTHER PEOPLE FOR WEEKS before they 'decided to show their proof'. Yeah, dont take a lawyer to see how stupid that was
    You fall to Trumpist propaganda and accuse me of falling to other propaganda. XD fun

8. vempaivem

Are you two married? You seem to bicker like you are :p

D.C. Barnet likes this.
  9. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Nah I dont believe in marriage, and I hate propagandists and people who make claims without proof, or people debatting in bad faith

10. Daddy's Home

Daddy's Home Trusted.Member

Your sense of humor needs work.

11. vempaivem

It was just a joke. Just trying to lighten the mood a little. You guys are intense.

Lian likes this.
  12. Daddy's Home

It is quite scary thought that there are people who truly believe Trumplestiltskin is the one and only savior and that Biden is the only reason behind anything they see as being bad.

The simple mind is the easiest to trick, yet the hardest to change their mind once they have been tricked.

The evidence against Trumplina being a malicious and pervasive liar and lawbreaker is massive.

After so many months of the Trumplings searching for any little thing that they can use to prove any little accusation that Biden did something wrong they can hang him on and there has yet to be even on shred of evidence!

The MAGAzombies still believe in Trumpkins and still hold out belief that Biden has done something wrong.

The sheer blindness is deafening...to mix metaphors.

Lian likes this.
  13. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Its a Cult. Truth doesnt matter to them, only their Belief.

Daddy's Home likes this.
  14. Lolimsa

Lolimsa Moderator Staff Member

As you don't mention Trump, then I guess you live in the US and watch Fox News. No offense. But, from the remaining 199 countries in the world, it's a joke that you had that criminal and lousy person, not only governing, but also being cherished by half the country. Hundreds of millions worldwide don't respect the US anymore.

Daddy's Home and Lian like this.
  15. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Its a Cult. Only their BELIEFS matter, not the TRUTH

16. Daddy's Home

Agree with you completely.

Lian likes this.
  17. Daddy's Home

BAM! Mic drop...and she walks away.

Lolimsa and Lian like this.
  18. Daddy's Home

Found this quite interesting:

The term “cult” refers most often [but not always - my addition] to a group of people with usually atypical beliefs living in relative isolation from the world.

They tend to centralize around one charismatic person—the cult leader—who orders the beliefs, behaviors, and customs of all the other members.

Source: Nov 10, 2022
    https://www.masterclass.com › articles
    What Is a Cult? 4 Types of Cults and Common Characteristics - MasterClass

Lolimsa and Lian like this.
  19. Harrycon

Harrycon Trusted Member

decline its a big call to say USA in a decline, sure some areas may be but I think they are offset by the areas that are in fact leading the world eg tech, ag, intellectual thought and writers Noam Chomsky one of many, medical research, new ways for companies to make profits lol, I think one big area of decline is in politicians elected and their short term or populist agendas, I wouldn't discount America and the American people because of there politics, most of the people in other countries still look on the USA as a place of freedom and hope

20. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Just because you see some things as being the best, doesn't mean that it isn't less than it once was. Plus a lot of what is seen is only the surface appearance and what is underneath is rotting. It's the same with other countries, they put up a pretty façade to cover the rot underneath.