1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Russian propaganda

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Lian, Mar 6, 2024.

1. Lian

Lian Friendly One

It's crazy how social medias are flooded with Russian propaganda, in which they say the West is trying to destroy them, that they are the good guys
    How can people be stupid enough to believe them?

2. CountDeSade

CountDeSade Trusted Member

That Russian propagandamachine is so powerful in Russia, that at almost all older people are brainwashed with that. And I think it because of times of Soviet Union what they liked lot and now Putin tries to do something like that again, and people love it... Sick country and sick system.

Akbloke and Lian like this.
  3. Lian

Lian Friendly One

The Russians never knew freedom and democracy, so yeah they like their tyrants bloody, cruel and megalomaniac

4. Lolimsa

Lolimsa Moderator Staff Member

In the US, Fox News does exactly the same: They claim the Democrats are trying to destroy Trum and them, and that they are the good guys. Plus a coincidence: Recently, ex-Fox Tucker Carson did a textbook-propaganda video of how good Russia and Moscow are. Coincidence???? :eek: :(

5. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Trumpers are brainwashed, they believe anything if 'their' guys say it

MotherlyUrges and Lolimsa like this.
  6. fascination1990

fascination1990 New Member

It's clear that Russia has been orchestrating a massive bot/troll campaign in US social media to attack / de-legitimize anyone who is not friendly to Russia

Akbloke and Lian like this.
  7. Lian

Lian Friendly One

"Elections' in Occupied Ukraine. We see soldiers with AK "watching" the voters. And Russians still say its "free" elections? XD

8. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Russians elections are such a joke XD

9. fabsfab

fabsfab Trusted Member

Lian if by any chance Russia takes all of Ukraine how much should Finland or even Poland be worried or even Europe for that matter , if Putin as stupid as he is is not that dumb to strike a NATO country, Nato will wipe Russia out in 4 weeks , whats your thoughts ?

10. CountDeSade

CountDeSade Trusted Member

It will be huge mistake if they try to attack to Finland. We are prepared so well and we have so good defenseforces that it will be like suicide to come here :)
    If they are wise, they look back times to winterwar and think again should they attack or not. :D

Nos4a2, Akbloke and Pat Hotter like this.
  11. fabsfab

fabsfab Trusted Member

They are cowards so they would try missile civilians and cities from afar , just need good defense systems , i just read they may deploy troops close the border but thats probably just 50 soldiers

12. Bonin

Bonin Trusted Member

I'm glad you're not a tankie.

13. Ry Smith

Ry Smith Trusted Member

But...Finland isn't real. It's a made up country!

(This is a joke...please don't take it seriously. However, there is an actual conspiracy theory out there that believes Finland isn't real.)

14. jcoldstream

jcoldstream Account Deleted

[EDIT]

In anticipation of the Moderators' misgivings I will not reply to responses. Do not start conversations with me about the war. I have learned that there is no point in either.

If you're not willing to respond, don't bother to post.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2024
  15. jcoldstream

jcoldstream Account Deleted

This blatant censorship of information which a moderator does not want to hear is insufferable. Please close my account.

16. Lian

Lian Friendly One

If you see censorship, its your problem. If you wanna see REAL censorship, go live in Russia, we'll see how quick you'll be crying to return to the civilized world.

Nos4a2 and Akbloke like this.
  17. vladislav

vladislav Trusted Member

You are naive if you think that your countries do not use propaganda for their own purposes .The civilization called the world propaganda and invented.

Nos4a2 and Nekafaca like this.
  18. Athenea

Athenea Some dream of a beautiful world, others create it. Staff Member

In all countries there is government propaganda, the difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy, even if some media are favourable to the government, there are others that are its opposition, i.e. freedom of the press. In a democratic country, when you buy a newspaper or watch a television channel you know whether it is right-wing or left-wing, whether it is pro- or anti-government. In a dictatorship there is only one truth, that of the government and it is imposed by force, everyone repeats the same news approved and communicated by the government. In all countries there is government propaganda, the difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you can choose, in a dictatorship you cannot.

19. vladislav

vladislav Trusted Member

You re wrong. There is no independent press -the whole press belongs to someone ,and if so, then profit prevails. and it doesn t matter whether they are favorable to the government or not . There is a struggle for influence and finances , and voters are just a tool , do not build yourself the illusion that something depends on you .New realities .

20. Athenea

Athenea Some dream of a beautiful world, others create it. Staff Member

If you read my post again, you will see that I never said that there is independence in the press in a democracy, I said that there is freedom of the press in a democracy, which means that you know which newspaper is right-wing or left-wing, you know which newspaper supports the government and which one attacks the government, that is, there is the freedom that I can buy any newspaper I want. The difference between the press in a democracy and a dictatorship is that I can decide which newspaper to buy, while in a dictatorship it makes no difference which newspaper I buy, they all praise the government by order of the government. My freedom, my independence consists in deciding which newspaper to read, whether it is right-wing or left-wing, although in my opinion, I prefer to read two newspapers of opposite tendencies and then come to my own opinion.

A newspaper, television is just another company, and all companies have only one purpose, one reason for existence, to make money, nothing else. And that is achieved with a good reputation and loyal customers. A newspaper gets those loyal customers with a specific editorial line. Freedom of the press is not an independent newspaper, it is a newspaper that decides, freely, what news it publishes and what approach to take to that news. And in a dictatorship you don't have that freedom.