1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Looking for Your Comments about the Forum, Good or Bad.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Curmudgeon, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Xav

Xav Moderator Staff Member

He was posting 'Hii' on every post. Clearly just to gain 10 posts over the 10 days to become trusted. So I deleted most of them which sent his post count back to under 10, therefore relegating him back to 'New Member' status. I've warned him about his rubbish posts, so now it's up to him whether he actually wants to participate in a responsible way, or continue to treat this site like a joke.

Athenea and VeryStable like this.
  2. Xav

And I've also found that no 2 is also just trying to get in without earning it so they can seek out members interested in their illegal - read underage - content/activities.

Such as access to the private messaging area, for instance.

Athenea likes this.
  3. VeryStable

VeryStable Trusted.Member

Got it!!!

4. miggs

miggs Trusted Member

What about restricting private messaging to a bigger post count, is that possible?

5. Pat Hotter

Pat Hotter Moderator Staff Member

And get short shrift here

6. TriadSibling

TriadSibling Bro/Sis Enthusiast

Honestly that would be the same as having a higher post count for Trusted Member status, but it doesn't solve the issue any better than staff has already done. Back when I was a mod here still, we found that 10 posts is really the best number for both vetting new members, and not making it seem like people had to wait a long time.

7. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

If he replies to a post and makes a valid comment, its not posting for count sake. Replying and saying nice or great has been done by a multitude of members, you can't single out one member without going through and deleting the other member too, some being staff.

Athenea, whitecoffee1 and VeryStable like this.
  8. whitecoffee1

whitecoffee1 Moderator Staff Member

Adding to this:

Many of our user just wanna view the content that is only accessable for Trusted Members. So they post for example "Nice" or "Thanks" in 10 different video-threads and then go full "Lurk-mode". This is totally fine. After those 10 post there are "just there". They do no harm.

But adding random nonsense like "dfdsfd" or "12244" or something that doesn't fit the theme of a thread is a not okay.

luvmemum63, Athenea and Xav like this.
  9. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Yes I think that comments like nice, great, I agree, and me too are actually making a comment on what they replied to. If they make an unintelligible or unrelated comment then its not valid. Some members don't really want to make long posts. Their reasons are probably varied. I've seen where people replied to a picture and just posted "beautiful" or "lovely", single word posts that commented on the picture they replied too. As long as their posts make some sense, I think it is valid.

luvmemum63, Athenea and whitecoffee1 like this.
  10. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

As long as a post consists of letters, arranged into words, creating a sentence I'm happy. If every post is the same then it shows no thought being applied. So 10 "wow"s, or "hot"s, or ":)"s, or "."s are just flooding the forum.

luvmemum63, Athenea and Xav like this.
  11. Xav

And these are the ones I'm talking about further up. It's so obvious what they're doing. Why should they get a 'free' pass over the ones who contribute intelligent conversation and really make an effort to connect.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
    Athenea and whitecoffee1 like this.
  12. Xav

Exactly.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2023
    luvmemum63 likes this.
  13. Yussiii

Yussiii Trusted Member

I like the forum and I think it could be more restrictive. When I joined there was a 45 days waiting time I think (if I remember correctly). And we had to make posts. It keeps the site safe and more importantly it will keep people out that come here out of a mood but don't love what we are standing for.

I love this site.

lostlostlost and Xav like this.
  14. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

Staff didn't need 45 days to identify the troublemakers. We are currently as effective with 10 days. The 45 day wait was more to encourage donations in return for a shorter wait.

Yussiii and Xav like this.