1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Is Incest Cheating If You Are In A Relationship?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slangalang, Oct 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slangalang

Slangalang Trusted Member

If you are in a committed relationship, and you have sex with a family member that your significant other doesn't not know about, would you consider it cheating? To me, it's somewhat of a grey area-you are not having sex with some stranger that you have no feelings for, it's with someone who you have loved deeply your whole life, but you are still breaking the vow of monogamy that is usually part of a serious relationship. Family love and romantic love can both be really strong while being different at the same time, and I'm sure if incest wasn't so shunned in society, expressing love physically with family while at the same time expressing love physically with a partner might be OK. I have been married for almost 20 years, fairly happily married, but not much of a sex life anymore. If I had the opportunity to have sex with my niece or one of my sisters, it would be very tempting, and I'm not sure if I would be strong enough to say no.

2. Merthin

Merthin Account Deleted

Of course its cheating.

3. whitecoffee1

whitecoffee1 Moderator Staff Member

The basic meaning of cheating is to act in a dishonest way in order to get what you want.

You can f.e. cheat when playing cards to win.

It doesn't matter if it's incest or not. When you have sex with another person and you do it behind your partner's/significant other's back it's cheating.

Eugen, Odette, muttley and 5 others like this.
  4. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Not just sex, but Emotional Bonding outside of a committed relationship without your SO's knowledge is cheating.

5. ama15101

ama15101 Trusted Member

Defiantly still cheating, sorry

6. Slangalang

I just want to qualify that the chances of even being tempted to cheat with a family member, for me, are very slim, and the guilt I would most likely have would stop me if an opportunity did present itself. But, it does bring up another question: if you are in a committed relationship, is even fantasizing about other people, whether they are family or not, the same as cheating? Could that be considered intent to cheat? If so, there are alot of people who do have that intent, even if they never act on it.

MomsLoveIsTrueLove likes this.
  7. whitecoffee1

whitecoffee1 Moderator Staff Member

You can fantasize about anything you want. Some fantasies are nice to share with people .... other fantasies are better kept to yourself.

For example "You can fantasize about commiting a crime, the difference is when you actually do it."

So, just fantasizing about cheating isn't actually cheating ... BUT ... it may lead to it.

Violin8d, Odette and Slangalang like this.
  8. Slangalang

Making that jump from fantasy to reality is probably a scary thing, based on the possible negative consequences, and I believe it is a step that I couldn't make, even if my libido is pushing me to do it.

whitecoffee1 likes this.
  9. Blondy

Blondy Trusted Member

Cheating...absolutly

whitecoffee1 likes this.
  10. Mr. Georg

Mr. Georg Trusted Member

Yes, it is. You are breaking an agreement you made with your significant other without consent. It is better for them to consent. I personally wouldn't let my wife be with any other men...except her family, that would be really hot for me. So, I would consent :D

whitecoffee1 and Blondy like this.
  11. Emir-24

Emir-24 Account Deleted

Of course haha

whitecoffee1 likes this.
  12. Valerian

Valerian Account Deleted

Yes

whitecoffee1 likes this.
  13. Inccurious

Inccurious Trusted Member

Yes, any relationship going behind your partner's back or without their permission is cheating.

whitecoffee1 likes this.
  14. YesMeans

YesMeans Trusted Member

Cheating is cheating

whitecoffee1 likes this.
  15. Chikan72

Chikan72 Account Deleted

Obviously it's cheating

whitecoffee1 likes this.
  16. Arkillo91

Arkillo91 Trusted Member

Of course lol, there is no difference

whitecoffee1 likes this.
  17. Tnep

Tnep New Member

If all parties are consenting then no. If your significant other is unaware or is aware but unhappy with it then yes.

whitecoffee1 likes this.
  18. Matej6568

Matej6568 Trusted Member

Cheating is cheating. You are being with another woman without your significant other's knowing. If they knew and were fine with it though then it wouldn't be cheating.

whitecoffee1 likes this.
  19. MomsLoveIsTrueLove

MomsLoveIsTrueLove Trusted.Member

Cheating is cheating. Regardless of the people involved.

20. GreenShark84

GreenShark84 Trusted Member

Yes it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.