1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Dumb, dumber, dumbest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slisse, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Odette

Odette No one can convey what they do not feel

2. Star_of_sea

Star_of_sea Collector of ephemeral moments.

3. Star_of_sea

4. Odette

Odette No one can convey what they do not feel

5. Star_of_sea

6. Djole

Djole Trusted.Member

7. Gelder

Gelder Moderator Staff Member

YIKES!:eek: There is a tennis pro at our club who, used to be a matador. He is Portuguese and has become a friend. For what ever it may be worth; in Portugal the bull is not slain. The lad was horribly gored... in the groin! This led to his retirement at a young age. Some people find this kind of thing to be humourous. Obviously, I do not. Indeed, I saw to it (with some help) that, the lad became a club member. So, as not to have to put up with the (imho) callous innuendos, jokes and chuckles from some staff / members. Honestly, I have never understood why some people (especially men!), find a lad being injured in the privates, to be amusing.:confused:

imunderher likes this.
  8. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Because we've all experienced it, just to a lesser degree.

imunderher likes this.
  9. Star_of_sea

I believe, in my opinion, that there has been some confusion in the correct interpretation of the photograph I have contributed and that the focus of the photograph, according to my intention in making the aforementioned contribution, has not been interpreted correctly. The specific reason for selecting that particular image was not the blow received by the man, even though that section of the photograph is the most striking part of it, while occupying the central part of the photograph. However, before I begin my defence, I would like to make a personal note. I have never been interested in the world of bulls (although in my ignorance I think that the animal in the photograph is a bison, not a bull, since if it were a bull we would not be talking about a blow, but of certain death, as the horn would have pierced the man in question) and I find it especially annoying when all the foreigners think that all the people who live in Spain practise flamenco and feel passionately about bulls. In Valencia there is a great tradition with the "bous al carrer" (Bulls in the street), that is to say, some streets of a village are closed and bulls are released where amateur people who want to can fight them. In all my life (and in my future life) I have only attended on one occasion and I found the spectacle so infinitely boring that my girl friends and I ended up in a café having a coffee and talking about girl stuff, which is what is really interesting. Having finished this little introduction, it is time to analyse the photograph at the origin of the controversy. If I had thought that the blow suffered by the man was minimally amusing, I wouldn't be in the thread of "Dumb, dumber, dumbest", but rather in the thread of "Funny / weird / strange pictures from December 2021". Therefore, at this point, we would have to ask ourselves why this photograph is in the selected thread. To make my statement more understandable, I have highlighted three zones in the exposed photograph, where in the first of them (Circle number 1) we see a muddy ground, and we can easily deduce that this mud is also under the bison and the beaten man, supporting this statement by the mud stains on the man's trousers (Circle number 2). The next important point, which is essential for understanding, is the fact that the man is wearing on his feet not slippers, but skates (circle number 3). Skates, in order to be most effective, need hard, consistent and firm ground, otherwise, in view of the photograph, they are anchored in the mud, preventing any freedom of movement for the person in question. Nor should you disregard the clothing worn by the person in question, as it is easy to see that it is not the most appropriate for confronting a bison, giving the impression that it is in fact the end of a party where alcohol has been served in excessively generous quantities. In other words, the focus of the photograph is not the blow received, but a person who, at the height of his intelligence, has no better idea than to stand before a bison, with skates on his feet and on a muddy terrain. In those particular circumstances, that man deserves to belong to the thread of "Dumb, dumber, dumbest". Perhaps it is his desire to prove to his friends present that he is the most original, perhaps that he is the funniest, perhaps that he is the most daring, but in view of the evidence presented, he can only be described as the dumbest of all fools, falling broadly into the category of human stupidity. There are other less risk and less painful ways of proving oneself a fool.

upload_2022-3-17_17-25-30.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    Dane, imunderher, slisse and 2 others like this.
  10. Gelder

o_O

I still do not understand. One should expect, having "experienced it, just to a lesser degree." would make such a horrid thing, even less humourous! N'est-ce pas?

11. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

It's because we have felt it, and lived through it.
    It's also a matter of "Glad that's him and not me!!"

imunderher likes this.
  12. slisse

slisse Moderator Staff Member

13. Djole

Djole Trusted.Member

14. Djole

Djole Trusted.Member

15. Djole

Djole Trusted.Member

16. oldman681

oldman681 Trusted.Member

The picture I believe is a snap from an old music video of the song " you can't rollerskate in a buffalo heard ", I recall seeing it many years ago & yes he belongs in this strip.

Dane and Star_of_sea like this.
  17. Gelder

Firstly, I freely acknowledge "the blow received by the man" is what, I was responding to. This was in no way meant, to dismiss your intent. It is a VERY valid point! Secondly, you are most certainly in error... factually speaking. "since if it were a bull we would not be talking about a blow, but of certain death, as the horn would have pierced the man in question)". Men have been gored and survived. You need not take my word for it, this is something easily researched. Granted, a number of the lads likely wished, they had died. Certainly, this was true of the club member (and now, dear friend), I mentioned in my message. Well, for a time anyway.

Thirdly, I can clearly relate to your annoyance re; "and I find it especially annoying when all the foreigners think that all the people who live in Spain practise flamenco and feel passionately about bulls.". I am Irish. Many 'outlanders' seem to think, we are only a nation of drunkards / brawlers. Also (once upon a time), terrorists if one hails from the six 'lost counties'.

Fourthly, it was not my intent to imply or suggest that, you found "the blow suffered by the man was minimally amusing,". In fact, I do not believe I did so. I was referencing people, I have encountered with the statement; "Some people find this kind of thing to be humourous". As opposed to your intent re; posting this photograph. However, since you bring this subject up and have given (thoughtful) analysis of the photo, I feel compelled to mention something. In the photograph, the fellow at centre (with red beard) seems quite amused by the action.

For what ever it may be worth: I highly agree with your assessment. This individual "can only be described as the dumbest of all fools,"! Perhaps (if he continues in this vein), one day achieving 'Darwin Award' status.<https://darwinawards.com/?msclkid=fc24c8fd>

Dane likes this.
  18. Gelder

Seems peculiar and kind of sad, to me.:confused: Maybe, one has to be male to 'get' the humour?

imunderher likes this.
  19. imunderher

imunderher Mommy's Boy

TRUTH

Dane likes this.
  20. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

You know, sometimes when a guy gets 'goured' in his private parts that results in permanent damage, it is for the betterment of
    mankind.
    It's better that people like that don't sire children.