1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

California needs a enema.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Amanda, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

2. John's appleseed

John's appleseed Trusted Member

As someone who lives in California, we need to stop putting out the wildfires and ley them torch this place. San Francisco is literally covered in shit, Los Angeles is literally the opposite of what its name means, and the governor is a stupid piece of shit that leads a majority sheep populace.

Neophyte likes this.
  3. Suvi-32

Suvi-32 Account Deleted

If California is that bad, why are so many people still living in it?

4. John's appleseed

John's appleseed Trusted Member

Because some people are unable to afford to move. That's how people get trapped in California. People that want to move and can afford it largely have left or are leaving. People that are still here are those who are lower middle to lower class or those that have no issue with money (i.e. the 1%).

5. Suvi-32

Suvi-32 Account Deleted

Sorry, I don't buy that arguement. If you don't like what's going on, you can always leave, all it takes is guts. Or you can vote in somebody who you think can fix it. But didn't you just have an election? So, obviously, the majority of Californians maybe don't approve of the government, but they didn't like the alternative. It would seem those who like to complain about it are actually the minority?
    I know how you feel. Up here we had a totally inept and corrupt Liberal government in Ontario for years, and we kept re-electing them because the Conservatives were too stupid to win an election that was theirs for the taking. Then we finally got Ford and his gang in, they did a fair job of fixing the mess, got re-elected and now are trying to behave like the New Nazi Party. Why don't I leave? Because despite all that, Ontario is still one of the best places in the world to live.
    And I suspect that is true of California too. ;)

6. Neophyte

7. Neophyte

8. Neophyte

9. Neophyte

Brutus58 likes this.
  10. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Maybe, actually more than maybe, AOC and Gov. Newsom (sp) NEED to watch this!!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
  11. Neophyte

12. Neophyte

The results of Democrat policies.

13. Neophyte

This is what happens when Democrat politicians are allowed free reign to enact their policies.

14. Neophyte

15. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Very informative.

16. Neophyte

17. Neophyte

The Democrats in California had appropriated billions of dollars to upgrade and expand the reservoirs in California, but in their infinite wisdom they decided to use the money for environmental issues, social programs, and kickbacks to all of the political donors and their friends. After wasting all of that money, the droughts hit, then the Democrats forced everyone to conserve and conserve. And after the droughts continued they still didn't build new reservoirs because they felt that expanding their social programs and giving more money to their friends was more important than making sure the ordinary people had enough water to live. So now that we are getting enough water to fill the reservoirs and save for the next drought there is no place to put the water. The Democrats are more interested in helping their donors and buying the votes of disadvantage people rather than doing something that would actually help.

18. Fuzzter

Fuzzter Trusted Member

Why can't people just be smart?

19. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

First off I would use the term "intelligent" instead of the term "smart". I thick it would be more accurate.

Some have a good excuse, they just don't have the mental capacity: ie low IQ. Some don't want to be intelligent, life is easier if they play dumb: less is expected of them: ie the path of least resistance. Mostly though it boils down to genetics. Then there are some who are intelligent because of a singular leap in evolution. A freak of nature if you will. An anomaly.

20. Neophyte

Brutus58 likes this.