1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Are Fetishes Genetic?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Annie.Leonhart, Jul 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annie.Leonhart

Annie.Leonhart Account Deleted

So here's an interesting theory I've had for a while now. I think that fetishes and sexual preferences can be passed down or are somehow linked to genetics. I believe that family members have a high chance of sharing the same fetishes.

An obvious example of this would be incest. If two people are in an incest relationship, then that means two people in the same family share a fetish.

Another example is that I have a foot fetish, and I know my sister also has a foot fetish. Though feet are one of the most common ferishes, it is interesting that we share it.

If one sibling is LGBT, quite often, the other sibling(s) are also LGBT.

For us, this being true would be great as it means our family members probably also want to fuck. Of course, it probably wouldn't be the case 100% of the time.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this. If you are or have been in an incest relationship, did you share any fetishes or sexual preferences with your family? I'm rather keen to find out if I'm right. Thank you :)

2. whitecoffee1

whitecoffee1 Moderator Staff Member

I am not an expert on genetics, so I am not going to talk about it here. (There are many sites where people answer this question better than I ever could)

.... but I personally think that personal life experiences also play a big part in this.

Dane, Djole and Annie.Leonhart like this.
  3. Annie.Leonhart

I definitely agree with the personal life experience thing, but I reckon genetics could be involved too.

I'm not an expert in genetics, but I'm certain my foot fetish didn't come from a personal life experience. I do, however, know my mum rather likes feet, though not at all sexually. She just finds them cute, particularly if they're attached to "new" family members.

I reckon this mentality could somehow have lead my sister and I to find feet sexually attractive, perhaps also due to our generation being a lot more exposed to sex (via the internet and such).

4. Paul8472

Paul8472 Account Deleted

I don't think this is true, or atleast scientifically proven. There are very few LGBT people that I know that have siblings that are also LGBT. Admittedly there are a few (my sister is bi like myself but my brother is straight), but there are a lot more that have siblings that are not LGBT.

Annie.Leonhart, Dane and Kriscbiuk like this.
  5. RyanImt

RyanImt Trusted.Member

The incest thing is maybe partially true. but other fetishes? nah ... I don't think so.

6. Annie.Leonhart

As I said, it is often the case, but not always. You and your siblings being 66% LGBT only backs my point up.

Keep in mind there may be cases where people haven't come out yet/realised they're LGBT. Multiple siblings being LGBT may also mostly apply to the younger generations, as they've grown up in a world where being LGBT isn't seen as bad (by most people, at least). Thus their LGBT side hasn't been repressed.

Being LBGT isn't ever a choice, it's a built-in disposition we have. So it stands to reason that said disposition may be genetic. And if that's the case, fetishes could also be genetic in some way.

RyanImt likes this.
  7. neighborson

neighborson Trusted.Member

Unsure what Fetishes may or may not be genetically passed down throughout generations,
    But I am fairly certain, without a doubt, that Incest most reassuringly Runs in the Family ;)

Annie.Leonhart likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.