1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

A trip down memory lane

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hounddawg6, Jul 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hounddawg6

hounddawg6 Trusted.Member

I was in my local newsagents the other day and I glanced at the top shelf of the magazine section. Now when I was a teenager, way before I had ever lost my virginity I used to find various publications in parks or swap certain magazines with friends. It was a far more innocent world in those days because you could not just turn on a computer and access anything online. The magazines seemed to offer some of the most beautiful women in extremely glamorous poses and none of them showed the actual sexual act unless we were really lucky to find a hard core mag.

This sent me on a little trip down memory lane and I remember a very attractive school friend of my sister posing in a copy of Men Only which was my favourite glamour mag.

I was wondering if anyone else had such fond memories and if so what was your favourite magazine? I was going to put some examples of Men Only front covers on this thread as an example but I am not sure that it complies with the copyright rules of the site.

HD

2. PeterThePiper

PeterThePiper Trusted.Member

Happy memories indeed lol. I think my favourite was probably " Parade " & especially the Reader's Wives section.

curiousFred likes this.
  3. hounddawg6

They had an agony aunt in Men Only too but as a youngster I enjoyed the fantasy stories which sparked my imagination and started me on the road of sexual experimentation and hedonism lol.

4. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

Men Only was fairly tame as things went, but it was the beginning of things to come.

hounddawg6 likes this.
  5. hounddawg6

I agree curiousFred but Men Only had the feeling that it could be the "girl next door" posing in it whereas Playboy was more exotic locations and expensive cars which were obviously not accessible for a boy of my tender years lol. Also I liked the glamour. Later publications such as Zoo tended to show women as street wise, breast enhanced bimbos which would probably have scared the shit out of me at that age.

What was your favourite?

6. philbrown

philbrown Trusted.Member

I loved Knave & Fiesta. My only story I submitted to Fiesta got the headline, 'When the Cats away......' Wish I kept that copy now, it was about me losing my virginity to my oap neighbour in my teens.

hounddawg6 likes this.
  7. hounddawg6

Oh what a shame that you did not save it.

philbrown likes this.
  8. philbrown

philbrown Trusted.Member

Unfortunately, this was before the days of the internet. It was published between 1991 & 1994. I so wish i could have a copy of it now.

9. china99uk

china99uk Trusted.Member

Used to love the letters in Forum magazine, memories of a mis-spent youth.....

hounddawg6 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.