1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Trump

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Nerdboy, Jun 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Local news tends to be more reliable than national news. You can also compare different news sources and see what they have that is similar and what is different, and compare them to your local news. And you should listen to news from sources that are owned by different people. Some news can come from different companies, but are owned by the same person.

Lolimsa and Insp Gadget like this.
  2. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

We don't think about it - it's not propaganda at all. It's projecting a positive of itself, to its people and the World. Why wouldn't it ?
    We are the fools - we outsource our opinions and aspirations for our Countries to those nameless 'media people'.
    And they trash us, every hour of every day.

Lolimsa likes this.
  3. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

It really doesn't offend us. There's a lot of USA loving citizens who know there is a lot of fucked up shit going
    on in this country, from and concerning both liberal and conservative.

Mitch McConnel, Senate majority leader has his head up his ass when trying to convince the average Joe that
    he has our best interest in mind. He's a true dyed in black, self serving, all for the greedy politicians who is nothing
    but a two-faced liar.

prisoner1969, Insp Gadget and Lolimsa like this.
  4. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I have to disagree a bit here. I have travelled the states a bit in my job, and to me, I'd agree with about 60% of that statement.
    A lot of local news (especially here in Cincinnati, OH) do nothing more than regurgitate the main stream media.
    The only true reporting they do is the local news of Aunt Betsy's barn burning down.

Some of the other city's local news actually tries to disclose the un-biased and skewed facts of the main stream media.

Case in point. This whole George Floyd thing of "I can't breathe" was portrayed in main stream as though he said that
    when the officer had his knee on his neck.

Truth is, he said that while in the back of the squad car because he suffered from claustrophobia.
    Saw the video clip on the local news in St. Paul/Minneapolis Minnesota.

deeretrax and Lolimsa like this.
  5. deeretrax

deeretrax Trusted.Member

The news itself and how it's presented has certainly jaded my opinion of anyone attached to it. Even when it gets down to the local level news. I asked myself about the "ambition" of any local reporter. Probably to a person, all they want is to get ahead in their chosen profession. That path leads to a rare national spot, national exposure. They will compromise any scruples they may have had to achieve that end.

There is a great movie that touches on the subject that was made in the early 50's with Kirk Douglas but in it, he was a newspaper reporter. ACE IN THE HOLE. If you've never heard or seen it before you need to treat yourself.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  6. Insp Gadget

The Israeli press is a good source too. They crow so much about how they can tug the USA's leash this way and that, you can pretty much predict what their foreign policy is going to be.
    Check the betting-line sites for the odds that the USA will once again be bombing the Iranians soon.

Lolimsa likes this.
  7. Neophyte

I was saying that local news are more reliable, not completely reliable. For example, when something happens Boston, the local Boston news sources will have more reliable reporting than the national news. Local news from Los Angeles will have no better coverage than the national sources about things that happen in Boston, but they will have more reliable news for things that happen in Los Angeles.

On the George Floyd issue, I think that the official cause of death was drug overdose. He had a fatal amount of fentanyl in his system, so he was already dying before the police even arrived. Him lying on the ground only sped up the process, not cause it.

Dane likes this.
  8. Neophyte

I've listened to some of RT's reports, there is a lot of propaganda in them, but they are more truthful than some news agencies. The problem with RT is they are selective about what they report on. I found that BBC World News, not the BBC News, is vary reliable on their reporting, or at least they use to be when I listened to them years ago. NHK News sometimes have very reliable stories, but they have a Japanese slant.

Dane, Insp Gadget and Lolimsa like this.
  9. Insp Gadget

Does having Bibi count as having sort of a resident first lady ? That one's a hottie.
    You must really have what it takes, to attract a gem like that - and it's happy to take it from you, too ! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

And I was saying most local news ISN"T any more reliable than the main stream. They regurgitate what is told to them with
    the exception of a few major cities. Maybe one of which you live in.

Again, case in point was George Floyd. NONE reported that he died of a fentanyl until main stream finally admitted it.
    But NEITHER the main stream, nor ANY local news reported the correction that Floyd said "I can't breathe" was while
    he was in the back of the patrol car experiencing a claustrophobic episode. They still report that he said that while the
    officer had his knee on his neck.

Not arguing with you, just pointing out the fact that most local news are patsies for the main stream.

itshot likes this.
  11. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

From what I've seen, LA news just takes the main stream fed to them and adds a few more mis-truths to
    push their insane ideas and agendas.

12. Neophyte

I agree with you. I said that the Los Angeles news wouldn't have any better coverage of the New York incident as the national news would. What I was trying to say was the Los Angeles local news would be more reliable, maybe I should say less unreliable, of things happening in Los Angeles. The Los Angeles Times or the major TV networks national news would not be considered local news.

Dane likes this.
  13. Insp Gadget

This one was an unexpected find a long while ago - Don't let the name fool you - their information covers a spectrum of scientific issues.
    upload_2021-1-6_16-49-6.png Sustainability for All. Here's our promise to you:
    Report with integrity. Trust science. Refuse greenwashing. Never preach.

Dane and itshot like this.
  14. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

No way with Sleepy Joe now in charge.
    Iran will soon own us even more than Israel.
    They, Iran, may even cause our entire congress to reject Israel entirely and back the Nation of Islam with everything
    we have.

15. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

With Beijing Biden in charge, Iran will have to fight China for control.

Dane likes this.
  16. Insp Gadget

Student.gif I know whose fault it isn't gonna be !!

Dane likes this.
  17. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

I sincerely hope you're wrong, but I imagine that will make Gadget quite happy. :rolleyes:

Dane likes this.
  18. curiousFred

curiousFred Trusted.Member

Right from the beginning of his presidency I have said Trump is nuts, sadly I was proven right.

19. prisoner1969

prisoner1969 Account Deleted

I couldn't disagree more. You saw "Agent Provocateurs" at work at the protests. Antifa sent their own dressed as Trump Supporters. You could tell which ones due to trying too hard. They also had the knee pads and such on. Nothing Trump said would have pushed his followers to violence. The victim was the woman who was shot for no reason. The video of her shooting is posted on banned.video there was no just cause for her to be shot.

Dane likes this.
  20. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

And before that you were at worst indifferent, right? Kinda like he was only called a racist after he became president.

itshot and prisoner1969 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.