1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

The South Shall Rise Again

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Insp Gadget, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Prayers offered ...

Prayers answered ...

And you're welcome ...

.... [​IMG] :)

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    Danny Boy 1966 and Brutus58 like this.
  2. Gabe Garza

Gabe Garza I Love Mommy

Are you trolling or do you truly believe the south will rise again?

Insp Gadget likes this.
  3. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Are those the only two choices ? :)

In truth, I enjoyed the music, I liked the visuals, and there's a nice irony to the sequence.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Danny Boy 1966 and Brutus58 like this.
  4. vixens

vixens Trusted Member

the south never died.

5. stepdad22

stepdad22 Graduated from the school of sexual perversions .

As you all know I am not from the USA , but I do strongly believe that the heart of the south , old Dixie , was never broken .
    The war may have been lost , but the pride remained .
    I do not agree with the old south values but I do admire them .
    No the south is not dead .

Insp Gadget, Brutus58 and Jamie like this.
  6. Jamie

Jamie Trusted Member

I agree.

Insp Gadget likes this.
  7. FlawlessCowboy

FlawlessCowboy New Member

There are really two southern stories in the US, the one about the confederacy that most people know and the other which is deeply rooted in an anti-establishment, anti-capitalist, pseudo-communist lifestyle that developed due to the failure of southern reconstruction and ingrained and widespread poverty throughout the region. The latter is the source of moonshine, stock cars, and an almost unintelligible drawling bevy of codewords, regional slang, and uncommon economic/labor terminology that is fascinating to read about, but it is inexorably tied to those stupid treasonous confederates which can initially give off the wrong impression.

The history of the south is not just about the racist divides that sparked the war. (And yes, it WAS about slavery—if not entirely then absolutely in part. The institution is mentioned in the constitutions of serval states that joined the cause.) There is another history that is mostly ignored that is about poverty and the effects it can have on people over many generations, but also of the ingenious ways they learned to fend for their kin and kith and to fight back against seemingly, and often truly, impossible odds.

stepdad22 and Insp Gadget like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.