1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Political Memes and Quotes

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

2. Insp Gadget

If you look carefully, see where his arm has broken free near whom ? And that shady guy Soros lurking in the weeds.

I think that things may be turning a corner, and this Epstein mess may just have pissed him off enough to finally shake off all of those annoyances.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  3. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

i hrt strs, bigjeff, Brutus58 and 3 others like this.
  4. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

5. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

Brutus58 likes this.
  6. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  7. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

whitecoffee1 and oldman681 like this.
  8. Insp Gadget

9. Insp Gadget

10. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Absolutely right!

That's why I like the guy, he thinks like I do.

:):):):):):)

Brutus58 likes this.
  11. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Sarcasm will get you everywhere. (smiley face)

12. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

I wasn't being sarcastic. I really do like him, and I'm going to vote for him again. Besides, what's the alternative? That smarmy little bible thumping wimp the Conservatives have? Not a chance.
    I'll take Trudeau and his Liberals - the lesser of all evils.

:D

Brutus58 likes this.
  13. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I sit corre
    I sit corrected. (another smiley face)

14. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

Neophyte and Brutus58 like this.
  15. Insp Gadget

16. SecretWishes

SecretWishes Trusted.Member

How many times can the oil from oilsands be used? How about reused?

Tell me what are they mining here?
    [​IMG]

Tell the world, "Stop wearing your gold, stop wearing your diamonds... and while you're at it, tell the construction teams they have to work their metals without the cobalt or titanium bits and blades. Tell the people that they can no longer use concrete because portland cement can no longer be mined. Tell the people that any vehicles made of metal will become more expensive because we no longer process fresh materials..."

Comparing mineral mining to liquid mining is like asking, "What's worse: Killing 10 adults or 1 child?" Both situations suck and calling one better than the other or overgeneralizing one process versus another is taking a poor look at any situation.

If you see a problem, please present a solution. Please answer the following: How do you propose we fulfill the world's demands for minerals without removing them from the ground? Yes strip mining is a horrible operation for the environment, but please, I'm sure if there was an easier way, it would have been done a LONG time ago.

I'm not all for mining like this as well, but unless you don't mind paying nearly double for anything out there or know a better way to extract minerals without affecting an environment, complaining without a solution to present is like a child throwing a temper tantrum because his favorite TV show is not on...

-SW

17. Insp Gadget

Alberta.jpg

Brutus58, oldman681 and Neophyte like this.
  18. Insp Gadget

[​IMG]

Brutus58 and oldman681 like this.
  19. SecretWishes

This may seem like a backwards view on things, but I think the gun laws need to be eased. The safest places in America and in the world, meaning least amount of violent crimes (and in most cases any crime), are those with the least amount of gun controls.

It seems counter-intuitive, but it makes sense. The best personal example I can offer is this one:

My grandfather (God bless his soul) was a well respected person of the community and was often elected to be one of the major organizers for local fest (even though he never "applied" for the position). The reason being that for some reason, no one had EVER gotten hurt at any events he planned. Even when nearly dead drunk. His secret was in his odd security.

When people showed up at the dance (especially the guys), he asked them to show him their knife. If they did not have one, he would send them home to get one. No was allowed in without a weapon on them.

Counter-intuitive, like I said, but here's how it works. Everyone was now what's known as a "Hard Target" meaning that if anything were to happen, the assailant KNOWS that there are counter attacks coming to them. Get enough against you and you are not going to have a happy near future (assuming you made it).

By arming everyone, my grandfather made them less likely to BE a target because let's face it. If you look at just about EVERY shooting/mass attack/etc., they all have one major thing in common: "SOFT TARGETS"

The assailant KNOWS that the chances of immediate retribution is next to nothing in those situations. They'll have a window before a Response Team can get on site and even roughly setup for intercepting and stopping them. So during that time, they are the Apex Predator and very little can stop them without HUGE losses in the attempt.

Consider the following (Most data is pulled from heritage.org who compiled from several other sources):
    • Great Britain has some of the strictest gun control laws in the developed world, but the violent crime rate for homicide, rape, burglary, and aggravated assault is much higher than that in the U.S. Further, approximately 60 percent of burglaries in Great Britain occur while residents are home, compared to just 13 percent in the U.S., and British burglars admit to targeting occupied residences because they are more likely to find wallets and purses.
    • Similarly, Ireland’s homicide rates spiked in the years immediately following the country’s 1972 gun confiscation legislation.
    • The Crime Prevention Research Center notes that, if anything, the data indicate that countries with high rates of gun ownership tend to have lower homicide rates.
    • Switzerland and Israel have much higher gun ownership rates than the United States but experience far fewer homicides and have much lower violent crime rates than many European nations with strict gun control laws.
    • According to research compiled by John Lott and highlighted in his book “The War on Guns,” Australia’s armed and unarmed robbery rates both increased markedly in the five years immediately following the National Firearms Act.
    • Between 2007 and 2015 [in America], murder rates dropped 16 percent and violent crime rates dropped 18 percent, even though the percentage of adults with concealed carry permits rose by 190 percent.
    Banning and restricting guns will not stop a person who has the mindset to cause harm.
    It stops the potential law-abiding person from being able to defend themselves against such aggression without high risk to self.

I'm not saying that this is the "perfect" solution, but it's a start. There are SO many other factors that have to be taken into account that it's impossible to solve this worldwide dilemma in one sweep. It needs to start locally and then cooperatively grow into each other from there.

Brutus58 and Neophyte like this.
  20. SecretWishes

I spent a long time thinking about this one, and on the surface, the sarcasm at the bottom really places a bad bias... And that bothered me.

So I thought about it these last few days wondering what was it NOT saying...

Capitalism works well enough. My friends and family have been at both the top and bottom of it. So what is the missing piece here? Originally I thought the answer might be lying in "Hard Work", but then I compared some of the hardest working people I know and well they are at both the top and bottom. A successful business owner who spends many hours in an office ensuring business runs properly and the basic laborer who works just as hard but on a different platform (and pay scale)...

So I asked, "What is it that these successful '(insert insult here)' celebrities are doing that the most successful people are doing?"

The answer came to me in a commercial: Marketing and Networking.

(Excerpted and paraphrased from multiple sources)

Nikola Tesla was really anti-social and although he had over 300 patents, his anti-social behaviors held him back from becoming part of the 1% (income wise). His works on their own merits are his success. In fact so successful they completely overshadow his personality. They often beating others in competition (Current Wars anyone?) and that is what maintained his lifestyle. But imagine how much bigger he could have been if he could have successfully marketed his work to the world on a mass scale. Imagine him pulling off a "Bill Gates' DOS" success story, or Steve Job's spearheading of the portable digital media market (starting with the iPod).

Paris Hilton is credited with influencing the revival of the "famous for being famous" phenomenon during the early and mid 2000s. She exemplifies the "celebutante": a celebrity not through talent or work, but through inherited wealth and lifestyle. She has parlayed her media fame into perfumes and various lines with her endorsement; her perfume brand alone have brought in over US$3 billion in revenue. In addition to a Paris Hilton Beach Club Resort in Manila, Philippines, there are currently 50 Paris Hilton stores worldwide and 19 product lines, such as handbags, watches, footwear, hair and skin care. Hilton earns over US$10 million a year from business ventures, and as of 2017, she was paid about US$300,000 for appearances in clubs and events.

(---)

So, capitalism does work for being relatively successful (depending on how you define success), but it's the MARKETING that brings the empirical riches (in addition to inherited wealth).

Brutus58 and i hrt strs like this.