1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

i hate trump

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by dick tim, Apr 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Yes. But people, at least lately, act like the POTUS can say no. But the team damned well better show if invited.

2. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

I can't for the life of me come up with a reason why the leader of a Country would not wish to recognize such an achievement. It's a gesture that should be welcomed in the good spirit of the occasion.

3. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

While that is true, remember my northern neighbor, we have NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, Olympics every 2 years, FIFA every 4 for each gender. Other nations it makes sense. FIFA win? Sure. Olympics, sure. But the POTUS does it for EVERY championship team. The pro sports? According to older family members, are pretty new (a few decades, tops).

Insp Gadget likes this.
  4. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Damn right, and good for him or her ! [​IMG] [​IMG] ( I would too if the opportunity arose, and I suspect/hope that you would. )

Afterthought : So now that the Basketball Championship of North America rightfully belongs to the Country who invented the game - how is that invite to the White House coming along ? Hey, we're flexible up here ... we'll travel to your place ... we'll eat McDonald's. :)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.