1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Art I like

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by allison17, Jun 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerrilynn

jerrilynn Trusted Member

2. londonboy49

londonboy49 Account Deleted

Just love the gummy bear nipples :D

luvintouch and jerrilynn like this.
  3. Jerriswife

Jerriswife Account Deleted

4. londonboy49

Real ladies ... Yeh :D

luvintouch and (deleted member) like this.
  5. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

wow! now thats what you call trust or stupidity. :eek:

259_1000.jpg

curiousFred, Akbloke, kool69 and 3 others like this.
  6. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

7. jamie jackson

jamie jackson Trusted Member

Allison, this one is out of the blue, and I hope that it can fit in with your intentions for this thread.

It is not so much about visual artistry, as it is about the art of merging visuals with a song.

There is a fine old Elvis Presley tune, called 'His Latest Flame'. It concerns a fellow whose old friend's latest flame is in fact the girl whom he had been courting. Marie was her name. It is a poignant and powerful song, one of my Elvis favourites.

Well, someone decided to surround the song with selected scenes from the movie 'West Side Story'. When I first saw this, I was transfixed - it seemed just so beautifully perfect.

So I offer it on a chance, and hope that it shall be enjoyed ...

Jamie

luvintouch, scouter_John and kool69 like this.
  8. londonboy49

The bear was hoping he wasn't going to burp ....:D

9. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Thats fine Jamie,but I have no idea what west side story is. I have heard some Elvis music before.:)

luvintouch likes this.
  10. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

11. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Vroooooooooooooom! :)

726_1000.jpg 698_1000.jpg 716_1000.jpg 722_1000.jpg

12. londonboy49

Oh, the ignorance of youth .... :rolleyes:
    Thought you lot googled everything LoL ;)

13. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Not me I'm not a googler. I like an explanation better from a human than a machine.:)

14. londonboy49

Wikipedia ....

West Side Story is an American musical with a book by Arthur Laurents, music by Leonard Bernstein, libretto/lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, and conception and choreography byJerome Robbins.[1] It was inspired by William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet.
    The story is set in the Upper West Side neighborhood in New York City in the mid-1950s, an ethnic, blue-collar neighborhood. (In the early 1960s much of the neighborhood would be cleared in an urban renewal project for the Lincoln Center, changing the neighborhood's character.)[2][3] The musical explores the rivalry between the Jets and the Sharks, two teenage street gangs of different ethnic backgrounds. The members of the Sharks, from Puerto Rico, are taunted by the Jets, a Caucasian gang.[4] The young protagonist, Tony, a former member of the Jets and best friend of the gang leader, Riff, falls in love with Maria, the sister of Bernardo, the leader of the Sharks. The dark theme, sophisticated music, extended dance scenes, and focus on social problems marked a turning point in American musical theater. Bernstein's score for the musical includes "Something's Coming", "Maria", "America", "Somewhere", "Tonight", "Jet Song", "I Feel Pretty", "A Boy Like That", "One Hand, One Heart", "Gee, Officer Krupke", and "Cool".

A 1961 musical film of the same name, directed by Robert Wise and Robbins, starred Natalie Wood, Richard Beymer, Rita Moreno,George Chakiris and Russ Tamblyn. The film was nominated for eleven Academy Awardsand won ten, including George Chakiris for Supporting Actor, Rita Moreno for Supporting Actress, and the Best Picture.

luvintouch, Akbloke and jerrilynn like this.
  15. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

16. jerrilynn

jerrilynn Trusted Member

Not a fan of musicals but this one is great. I like it.

luvintouch and scouter_John like this.
  17. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

The only musicals I like are called rock concerts. :D

18. londonboy49

Get some culture girl. Stand you good for the future. :D

19. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I got culture from concerts,I learned which type of whiskey makes my clothes fall off. ~giggles~

20. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.