1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Are you ready for some football

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by allison17, Jun 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

The 1st Test is on today starting in just a couple of hours:

British & Irish Vs the All Blacks........

2. Akbloke

Result: Never in doubt.....All Blacks 30, British & Irish Lions.........15

And what happened to the Scottish....beaten by....Fiji !!!

pussycat likes this.
  3. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

and they get to do it 2 more times!

some people are gluttons for punishment

:D

Akbloke likes this.
  4. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

"The Hidden Ball Play" -or- "Goal is Where You Find It" ...
    Wassamotta U.jpg

Neophyte likes this.
  5. incestfan67

incestfan67 Trusted.Member

NFL training camps will open up all over the U.S. starting this week.'Nuff said!

allison17 likes this.
  6. quark12000

quark12000 Trusted Member

Last year's Super Bowl left me not really caring about football anymore.

allison17 likes this.
  7. Akbloke

Well, it ended in a draw!!

However, on a better note, I see that Queensland managed to just scrape through and defeat New South Wales in the State-of-Origin in the last game: 22 - 6!!! Beating them YET AGAIN!!!!!

Cheers

8. muffdiver

muffdiver RIP (1948-2017)

NFL Hall of Fame game from Canton Ohio tonight. Dallas Cowboys play the Arizona Cardinals.

allison17 likes this.
  9. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

cool I did not know that dad thanks. :)

My sleeper team pic this year is the Atlanta falcons, you better watch out.

10. incestfan67

incestfan67 Trusted.Member

August and two a day practices in the heat in full gear means that summer's in the homestreach.Before long college teams will take on bitter rivals in a quest to play in New Years Day bowl games.High schools will begin the Friday night ritual of playing cross town rivals for a spot in the state playoffs.The mighty pros in New York,Los Angeles.Denver,Dallas,Chicago,Pittsburgh,Miami and other cities with fans near and far will rule Sundays in the Autumn months.As the days grow shorter football fans gather for tailgate parties and sense of community.Under the grey skies of late November a nation will give thanks as this game we love will take center stage.

allison17 likes this.
  11. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Myself I like watching college ball and rooting for my team than I do watching the NFL. I don't know why but to me college football is much more exciting.

12. carliosx

carliosx Trusted Member

Yep!!! Can't wait to the season's kickoff! I think it's Dallas year.

But I'm between Oakland raiders and Dallas cowboys.

Who knows something about Derek Carr?

allison17 likes this.
  13. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

I agree, college is more entertaining. You would like the CFL, it's much more wide open and dynamic than the NFL.

:)

allison17 likes this.
  14. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

I have a friend that feels the same way. He only watches college football because he feels the players are more genuine. But I've looked at both college and professional football and when you compare them, the skill and execution of the professional players are far beyond the college players. If you are looking for enthusiasm and determination then college football is probably for you. If you are looking for skill and grace of movement, then it's professional football.

allison17 likes this.
  15. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Tru dat, and remember the college players are not getting paid and they put it all on the line. they leave it all on the field. you don't find it that much in the NFL because they are already making millions.

16. Neophyte

That is being changed. They are working on a revenue sharing plan to start paying college players. I think a few schools have already started, soon all the schools will be paying their players.

allison17 likes this.
  17. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

They deserve it if you ask me.

Neophyte likes this.
  18. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

Also these college coaches that win look how much they are paid. take Nick Saban for example. At the most he can only play 14 or 15 games a year with this new playoff thing and he makes $8 million a year. lets just round that off and say he gets 1 million per game win or lose. That is totally to much.

19. allison17

allison17 Trusted.Member

I just noticed my math was off he makes about half a million per game. can you imagine that,a half of million dollars for 60 minutes (1 hour) a game. And hes just a damn coach. what is wrong with this picture. Think of all the good things that could be done for the students that did not play football? Plus they pay for his house,cars,and his own personal jet for recruiting. It must be damn nice.

20. Neophyte

Colleges and universities need to make a decision, do they take 50% of 100 million dollars or 100% of nothing. The coach and football brings value to the school.

allison17 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.