1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

ANNA'S CANINE (DOG) PAGE!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by annab2, Jul 23, 2015.

1. longing4sis

longing4sis Trusted Member

2. annab2

annab2 Trusted Member"It ain't pretty being easy!"

~Tricks & Treats!~
    iguanadog.jpg
    ...and other SCARY...things!

luvintouch and longing4sis like this.
  3. Gracui

Gracui Trusted.Member

I "borrow" a great pyrenees a few times a week :)

In the beginning, i was watching Cesar Milan's very sage advice, and i have learned much from him.

I felt prepared.

But, once i got to know this one year old, four legged, cheeky delinquent - all my confidence went out the window. :)

I learned that i had to build a relationship from scratch. Now he is almost three years old, and i have gotten to know him to the extent that i am not just projecting my affection when i say that he has a complete, distinctive personality.

He is one of my best friends.

It is as if some dogs are meant to be "obedient", but that is not the case with this young gentleman.

I can have him unleashed in the woodlands, and if i call him to me - i can almost feel him laugh at my pompous attemps at domination :)

But - when it really matters, for instance, if a person who is not comfortable around such a large dog passes us by - he somehow discerns from my tonality that he should trust my judgement. And then he comes.

It's sort of a playful, mutual respect that works very well for us.

For me, who has never built a relationship with a dog until now, it is an amazing experience.

I leash him and take him home to his "mommies" after our forest walks, and my family and everyone else can see how happy he has made me that day. :)

luvintouch and annab2 like this.
  4. annab2

[/quote/]Gracui]
    For me, who has never built a relationship with a dog until now, it is an amazing experience.

I leash him and take him home to his "mommies" after our forest walks, and my family and everyone else can see how happy he has made me that day. :)[/quote]
    Yeppers, some of my best friends are dogs, too! We live up high on our own mountain and raise a few cattle, so our pack of doggie friends, also help out around the ranch! Each of our little buddies has their own personalities and quirks that make them so endearing to us! Above all else, they always wear their emotions on their sleeves, so we can tell how they are feeling. Dogs are very adept at reading us humans, too! They can see through the facades that people try to hide behind or even when we are troubled, frightened, or when we are ill. Heck, the can tell right away if you are either good or evil, all just from the scent that we disperse! "Dogs have a remarkable ability to discern and remember scents, far superior to that of a human. A dog's sense of smell may be as much as 100 times better than ours, making it the most sensitive and vulnerable part of its body." (Dogs.com) :D

luvintouch likes this.
  5. Gracui

Gracui Trusted.Member

One can never find a friend more honest than a dog.

He or she can feel your love and reciprocate, a dog will feel how fun you have when you play or just are adventuring exploring together, and if you're nervous or tense or just "down" for the day, your dog will feel that too.

We humans have a whole deck of cards when it comes to hiding our true feelings, may it be an avoiding platitude, or a long term self-deceit.

All of that is above your canine friend's discernement. Or maybe simply beside it.

And we can tell.

Maybe that is one of the many reasons why we feel so good in their company.

Complete, straight-on honesty is magic.

At least to us mere humans. :)

6. annab2

~Yeppers, that is the truth of it all!~ :D

luvintouch likes this.
  7. longing4sis

8. longing4sis

9. longing4sis

10. longing4sis

11. longing4sis

12. longing4sis

13. annab2

luvintouch likes this.
  14. longing4sis

I thought that was a pretty great poem, saying or what ever you would like to call it. I hope everyone likes it as much as I did.:)

15. longing4sis

Beautiful dog is this ice cream truck's most loyal customer

By Heather Dockray

1.jpg

Forget bones: for this dog, popsicles are the hottest snack in town.
    Rambo is a two and half-year old English Bulldog with a soft spot for popsicles. Every time the ice cream truck rolls by in his hometown of Hunstville, Alabama, Rambo runs out to lap up —without paying! — his favorite frozen delicacy.
    "This dog always gets ice cream from me while the owner is watching," Akins Luwoye, the ice cream truck's owner, told local news station WAAY31.
    It's not like the treats come free of charge. Rambo leaves his owner with the bill, who appears more than happy to pay it because hey — popsicles are important to this dog.
    Rambo has been excited about the ice cream truck since first hearing its jingle about a year ago. Since then, he runs out to catch his subsidized treat every time it drives by.
    "Rambo was all excited out of nowhere,” his owner Ashish Silwal, told local news station WAAY31. “And I was like, okay, let’s go get some Popsicles, and next thing you know he’s jumping in the truck."
    Dogs like Rambo make loyal friends, and even more loyal customers.

annab2 and luvintouch like this.
  16. longing4sis

17. longing4sis

18. longing4sis

19. longing4sis

20. longing4sis