1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

ANNA'S CANINE (DOG) PAGE!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by annab2, Jul 23, 2015.

1. longing4sis

longing4sis Trusted Member

2. longing4sis

When it happens you just know it. It is great how the two of them saved the other. Great story.

This Story of a Vietnam Vet and His Pit Bull Is the Sweetest Thing You'll Read Today
    by Lisa Peterson

7.jpg

In the business of animal adoption, it can sometimes be difficult to tell who is really rescuing whom. In the story of Ed Zyer and Polly, it's clear they truly rescued each other.
    Polly, a pit bull-pointer mix, was set to be euthanized if she failed to find a home in 10 days. Zyer, a Vietnam veteran, had also been experiencing his share of hardships, battling post-traumatic stress disorder and struggling with symptoms while on medication. After a doctor recommended Zyer give a therapy dog a try, he and his girlfriend headed to a PetSmart adoption event where fate introduced him to Polly. The pair's immediate connection was obvious — Zyer's girlfriend described their first meeting as being impossible to believe if she hadn't seen it with her own eyes. "Polly wandered over to every single other dog like she was saying goodbye to them, then came over and sat right next to Ed." Polly and Ed successfully completed therapy dog training together, and have been inseparable ever since.
    Ed credits Polly in his strides toward PTSD recovery, specifically citing her ability to curb his anger and road rage. "In my Jeep, when I start screaming and yelling, she'll stick her head on my shoulder and lick my ear and it stops me right there," Zyer said. "PTSD is a pretty rough disease. You have a lot of time on your hands, and there's no one around, and with the help of a dog, it distracts me." Ed recommends all veterans explore the option of therapy dogs, calling them "amazing companions."
    This upcoming weekend is the perfect time to find your own animal rescue soulmate. PetSmart Charities is participating in National Adoption Weekend (Sept. 16-18) with adoption events in PetSmart stores across the country, as well as celebrating seven million adoptions and counting. Be sure to share your adopted pet stories by posting photos using the hashtag #iadopted!

luvintouch and annab2 like this.
  3. annab2

annab2 Trusted Member"It ain't pretty being easy!"

Yes, some coloring characteristics are astounding! I had this pic and several others of a similar nature get dumped, when my hard drive crashed, earlier this year! Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane! :D

luvintouch and longing4sis like this.
  4. longing4sis

You're welcome. I love animals that have unique colorings. I have seen some pretty cool ones on horses and cattle too. No pictures though. I saw those in person when I was in school. Wish I did though but it was before smart phones. Anyway glad you liked the doggy pic.:)

5. annab2

PTSD is not a disease, it is classified as a disorder! I ought to know, I suffer from it! Post Traumatic Shock Disorder, more widely known as PTSD!:):mad::eek:

luvintouch likes this.
  6. longing4sis

Cute as hell.:)

annab2 and luvintouch like this.
  7. longing4sis

8. longing4sis

9. longing4sis

10. longing4sis

Californians can now break strangers' windows to save pets in hot cars

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Californians who see an animal trapped in a hot car can now break a window to set them free without fear of prosecution under a bill signed over the weekend by Gov. Jerry Brown.
    Rescuers can break into the car as long as there is no other way to free the animal, for instance if the animal appears to be in peril, the car is locked and law enforcement is not arriving quickly enough.
    The rescuer must stay at the scene until law enforcement respond to the situation.
    The bill was introduced after a series of incidents in which dogs died after being left in closed cars on hot days. Many of those cases have led to criminal charges.
    CBS San Francisco reports Assemblywoman Ling Ling Chang co-sponsored the so-called “hot dog” bill.
    To see how a dog would feel, Chang and the other politicians behind the bill locked themselves in a car without air conditioning on a hot day.
    After just eight minutes, the politicians couldn’t take the heat.
    “We need to highlight the point that we are cooling down by sweating and dogs can’t sweat. A dog would be dead by now,” Chang said.

annab2 and luvintouch like this.
  11. damham

damham Trusted Member

Glad to see some fellow dog lovers here

longing4sis, annab2 and luvintouch like this.
  12. annab2

As Willie Nelson, so aptly puts it, "You're my Buddy, my Pal, and my Friend - You'll be that way til the end - My Buddy, my Pal, and my Friend!" :):D;)

luvintouch and longing4sis like this.
  13. longing4sis

Ok these next ones are technically dogs but only barely.:D:D
    6.jpg

14. longing4sis

15. longing4sis

16. longing4sis

Ok now for some of my favorite dog.
    1.jpg

17. longing4sis

18. longing4sis

This is one of my favorite pictures. I just love how these two look so loving.
    3.jpg

19. londonboy49

londonboy49 Account Deleted

20. londonboy49

londonboy49 Account Deleted