1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Vaccines and the future of America

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Christoph Lawrence, Dec 18, 2020.

?

Who is going to get the COVID-19 vaccines?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

Thanks

2. hardcanoodle

hardcanoodle Trusted Member

I'll wait for proper testing to happen before I take the vaccine. If I take it.

itshot likes this.
  3. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Now one off the newest data/talking points is that family members are giving it to each at home. Here in New York, Gov. (Il DUCE) Cuomo, wants social distancing AND masks while in the home with other family members. People are putting pictures of the Gov. "peeking" in their windows. Humor is a good stress reliever.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    hardcanoodle and itshot like this.
  4. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Another way to "flatten the curve" is to stop testing altogether. What's the point of testing if there isn't any "real" treatment. If you are positive , you're told to go home and isolate. Yeah, try that with any number of young kids running amok. Then, only go to the E.R. if symptoms worsen.

Then there is the expense. I understand that it's about 80 dollars per test. If you have to have frequent testings, who pays for that? Out-of-pocket expenses can sky rocket and a person will be in a bigger hole than they are most likely in already.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    itshot likes this.
  5. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky Trusted.Member

Over here no such thing. If you tested positive, the whole household is asked to go into quarantine. As numbers skyrocket, it appears nobody gives a shit and they still go out to the stores, parks etc. Police are on patrol on new years eve to check wheter or not there are 10 people in one house. 10 or more is definitely not allowed.

I also read about an American young women, who was abroad to see her boyfriend compete in something. She was supposed to be quarantined in her hotel, and had electronic house arrest. She undid herself from the device and went out. Authorities discovered this and now she is sentenced to 2 months imprisonment for failing to obey the rules herself.

Brutus58 likes this.
  6. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

These millenials don't think that rules and laws don't apply to them. But they raise bloody hell if you break them.

hardcanoodle likes this.
  7. Tuk0815

Tuk0815 Trusted Member

I'm with some of the others in here. I'm a nurse, but i'm reluctant. It's far too early to know what kind of long-term results could emerge. I want to wait for long-term studies before getting mine. I'm all for vaccines, but I can't help but be worried about it being rushed

Brutus58 and hardcanoodle like this.
  8. indianerjoe

indianerjoe Trusted Member

lets cross our fingers there wont be bad longterm effects

9. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

At least not long term detrimental effects. Long term positive effects most likely will be tolerated well.

10. indianerjoe

indianerjoe Trusted Member

yes and lets hope it will work against all covid mutations that now appear

Brutus58 likes this.
  11. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Brutus58 likes this.
  12. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

She's fine now. Apparently she has an underlying health condition that causes her to faint when she experiences pain.

Brutus58 likes this.
  13. Merc000

Merc000 Trusted Member

Attached Files:

14. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Good thing that never happens to me. "Pain" or "fainting" is up to you to decide/interpret.

15. Napen

Napen Trusted Member

What’s the worst that can happen? Getting Covid from the vaccine? Might as well take a chance from it

16. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Hangnails in the pit of the stomach, children born with the head of a Golden Retriever, possession by the Prince of Darkness, the sudden urge to vote Republican............I could go on.........

17. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

All of that has happened and yet, democrats are waiting in line to turn republican. Just look towards Biden.

18. pussycat

Yes. It's a plot to take over the Republican Party.

Brutus58 likes this.
  19. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

AOC already has stated that the names of ALL who voted Republican should be compiled for cocentration camps and all assets taken.

Dane likes this.
  20. pussycat

I hadn't heard that but it sounds like a perfectly good idea!

I wonder why they want all those broken down pickup trucks?

Brutus58 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.