1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Vaccine passport

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by neon zone, Apr 10, 2021.

?

Do you support vaccine passport for Covid-19?

1. yes

34.8%
  2. no

63.0%
  3. other (please explain)

2.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star_of_sea

Star_of_sea Collector of ephemeral moments.

Neon the message that is being conveyed at the moment is that vaccinated people can become infected, they can transmit the disease and that they should continue to take all the precautions indicated. In my writing, if you read it carefully, I indicated that in the future, vaccines will evolve as more time is available for the study of the virus in question and, therefore, they will be more effective. At present, it has only been the first, rapid defence against a new and unknown disease.

Dane and deviantdan like this.
  2. Bh5153

Bh5153 Trusted.Member

I'm still trying to understand why the whole world is in a panic over a virus that you have over a 99.9% chance of surviving. The lockdowns have done more harm than good and wearing a mask and social distancing is useless according to the CDC. I'm no conspiracy theoriest but I think something else is a foot here.

Dane and Star_of_sea like this.
  3. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky Trusted.Member

Well, there is an easy explanation for it. First of all, it is highly transmittable. Added to that, it can be highly destructive to those who are old, obese and are not fit. This means that if you let it roam, a lot of people will get seriously ill or die due to Covid or a combination of Covid and something they already had.

Now there is a problem. My government spent their money on just about everything BUT schools and healthcare. This means there is a lack of staff, beds, Intensive Care units and equipment. Our government still hasn't solved that issue but they are very affraid some hospital somewhere needs to make a choice who is to live and who is to die. "I'm sorry we're full" is not an answer and kicking out 80yo grampa and let him die at home because a 40yo is brought in with a higher survival chance also can't be happening.

So everybody is on a short leash until the hospitals have beds to cope with the influx.

Dane, Star_of_sea and deviantdan like this.
  4. Bh5153

Bh5153 Trusted.Member

I understand all that. Lockdowns though make the problem worse along with masks. In my state since they lifted restrictions, cases have gone down. Way down. In my opinion most governments including the United States handled this so very wrong. I do know this. I have not had the virus and do not plan on getting the vaccine either. I was tested back in February when everbody in my office was infected with it. I tested negative. Like any virus some people are prone to get it, but is it as bad as the flu. In my opinion no.

5. Rubber Ducky

Let's put it this way, Governments had to make descisions. They have to go with what they've got and rely on people/institutions who are knowledgeable on diseases. And even they didn't know exactly. In hindsight, they reacted on something predicted which did or did not happen. It's easy to blame afterwards, but making the right descision at the time was difficult.

Dane, Star_of_sea and deviantdan like this.
  6. Bh5153

Bh5153 Trusted.Member

But to shut a whole country down, which was supposed to be for two weeks turned into over a year. Fauci has no idea what he is doing. He is the embodiment of a govt. Employee " you fuck up you move up." He alone set back HIV research 20 years. Look him up. I don't disagree with you but I want you to hear me out. I think this virus was released for a reason and it worked to a point in enstilling fear across the globe. It failed because it did not kill our economy like it was supposed too.

Dane likes this.
  7. Rubber Ducky

I had to look up who he is. I can tell you on my side of the pond we have the same kind of institute and the same kind of director advising government and calling the shots. Each time he will present what he thinks will be the near future. Every time fear mongering about another variant coming in due to our government unwilling to stop incoming traffic and using the hotels around our main airport to quarantine travellers. The only country doing the right thing is New Zealand. Every incoming traveller needs to be quarantined in a hotel guarded by the army. You are not allowed to leave your room for 2 weeks and then you are free to enter. No Covid cases there. None.

For 6 months now, shops have been closed. They are just reopening. I haven't had a haircut for 4 months. For 3 months, we had a curfew. No one was allowed outside between 21:00 and 05:00 hrs. They stated it would slow the infection rate by 10% - 15%. In the end, nothing was proven, and the one arranging all IC departments in the country said it litteraly had no effect.

If government lets loose and the whole thing explodes and people die, it's their wrong doinng
    If government shuts us down and puts us up it's their wrong doing
    If government was wrong in the end (based on hindsight) it was their wrong doing

The only way to do it right is if your country is an island and your quarantine everybody who wants to come in. You need to start before it's in.

Now about this passport : I'm all for it. I understand a vaccinated person can be carrier but can't get sick. I understand people have a problem with the vaccine and won't take it. It is free to decide and I won't mind if you have your reasons. Now let me put this clear : a vaccinated person is no threat to another vaccinated person. A non vaccinated person is also not a threat to a vaccinated person but the vaccinated person can be a threat to the non vaccinated person. None vaccinated persons are a threat to other non vaccinated persons.

Now the moral dilemma : are we keeping the pubs, restaurants, cruises, cinemas, zoos and everything else closed? Or are we going to open up for those who have a passport? These people can be amongst eachother without being a threat. This also means those who are waiting to get their vaccine can't come and need to wait and it means those who refuse to be vaccinated are not welcome since they could get sick. The passport could also mean people can travel. In the USA it does not matter very much since it is a very big country, but Europe is much smaller.

I think it is wrong to allow the group of refusers to take the others hostage since they refuse to get the vaccine. It is your free choice to refuse, but your choice can have certain consequences like not being able to travel, go to a restaurant etc. This ofcourse will end when Covid dies out, but as we have discovered, it won't in the near future. There is also a possibility the group of refusers is in the range of 50% of the population and then it will never go away.

So I get vaccinated, will get a passport and then hopefully be able to get on with my life, drink beer with friends en go out to dinner in a restaurant.

Star_of_sea likes this.
  8. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

I don't disagree with you viewpoint, but I don't fully support it either.

There really could be some truth in your post that the virus was
    "released for a reason and it worked to a point in enstilling fear across the globe. It failed because it did not kill our economy like it was supposed too"

If you believe in Biblical prophecies, this is another indication of "end times" trials of what works and what doesn't for
    the inevitable to happen.

This being a trial for a "One World Order" is really not a far stretch to believe.

Bh5153 likes this.
  9. neon zone

neon zone Trusted Member

Have you read what I said for the measles vaccine, it has the same effect except you will not be told the full result unless you got measles, even though you were vaccinated. The measeles vaccine has been around for along time, it should clear then that vaccine do not prevent you from getting it or spreading, you are not told unless you are infected, therefore you are not fully informed for you consent to be a valid informed consent.

Did you know some people/institutions are against the vaccine and the measures taken for this pandemic?
    The doctors/scientists that spoke out in public and were censored while the rest remained silent to void loosing their jobs. After knowing this do you really considered this as listening to knowledgeable people or are they broadcasting people who agrees with the government's position?

Search:
    Do you support them despite the level of censorship used to spread "truth" and are they right to spread bias "truth"?

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  10. jamesmallardfranco

jamesmallardfranco Trusted Member

11. Rubber Ducky

As it is right now, there are still unknowns. You can't take those away. It is as it is. The vaccin decreases the chance of getting infected. Over here, a complete home for elderly people has been vaccinated and afterwards one died, supposedly from corona itself but even that is not confirmed. 400.000 have been vaccinated with one treatment and 1 of those died shortly afterwards due to blood cloths. They accused the vaccin and immediately halted the program since 1 in 400.000 is unacceptable to some.

It's not a 100% fix for the issue, it can't be since the virus itself mutates. Choices are to be made. We can live in lockdown for a few years and do nothing. We can try to vaccinate everybody, knowing there are side effects and vaccination does not mean a 100% score. We are no labrats. Everybody is different, susceptible to who knows what. Whichever path our governments decide to take, there will be a group of nay-sayers. Some are uneducated, just sounding what they read on facebook, some very knowledgeable and their opinion needs to be validated.

I do know some people and institutions are against the whole thing. The problem is this : if you give nay-sayers a podium, a way to reach the others and a place to meet like minded people you are in trouble. The moment the fire is fueled with the voices of experts who do not have the complete picture, it is a wildfire.

We've had just that. There was a planned event for 10.000 people. These people had to take a test before taking part, and randomly people were tested again at the location. We started small, a 100, 200, 500 etc. All went well. It's called a field test. ONE (I repeat ONE) local doctor at a local hospital, started a Facebook and Twitter rallye to call it off. That ONE voice on it's OWN got a few 100.000 followers voicing HIS concerns. The result : a day before the event it was cancelled. A second event was cancelled as well, same reason. ONE person going rampant on Facebook to get it to stop. And he succeeded.

Now think of this : if one of those nay-sayers (or anti vaxxers) gets a group together on a social media platform which is big enough to have a voice to be heard, ALL vaccination campaigns are going to stop. You just have to feed your sheep with "facts and figures" and they will believe you. They will follow and they will shout. They will refuse a vaccination and the situation will be as it is right now for a long time.

Now, if the aim is going back to normal, the public opinion should be behind the government and not behind the nay saying expert. The government uses hundreds of experts, they have all the data they can collect and they make choices that are the best for the flock. We must trust our governments to do the right thing for the flock. They may make descisions that we think is odd, or wrong. But we don't have the picture. They do.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    Star_of_sea likes this.
  12. neon zone

neon zone Trusted Member

Read page 2 where I explained what happens with the measles vaccine :)

How was this not confirmed, multiple deaths was claimed to be caused by corona when they found presence of the virus without considering other causes of deaths.

I assume the vaccine was Johnson and Johnson or AstraZeneca, neither vaccine were stopped after 1 death and medical staff were reluctant to blame the vaccine until the cases increased, who accused the vaccine after 1 death?

Which virus does not?

Do you believe vaccination is the only way people are immune?

Does everyone want to be vaccinated and suffer side effect including auto-immune disease which could kill them despite the drug being claimed to save/protect them?

REALLY, what do you consider being a labrat is?

Which is the same for some of the yay-sayers.

Is this not true for the yay-sayers if you let them meet with other like minded people?

ONE local doctor telling people on facebook to call off mass gathering or protest who are not BLM would not get it called off/attacked by police?

Now think of this : if one of those yay-sayers (or pro vaxxers) gets a group together on a social media platform which is big enough to have a voice to be heard, ALL natural/herbal based immunity campaigns are going to stop.

Following yay-sayers and getting vaccinated after reading their "facts and figures" does not make them a sheep?

Being judged on your health and restricted as an ADULT due to not taking a specific drug is not "going back to normal", being behind ONLY yay-sayers is not better.

Data can be biased to support the one presenting it.

Which is ironic when you claim you are not a labrat or sheep.

You are not allowed to see the picture, your last sentence proves you don't want to and trust the government.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  13. Rubber Ducky

I did. You mention you are being lied to what the measles viccin will accomplish. My government is different to yours, and it states that every kid got measles in their youth. After starting the campaign, each year only 10 kids got infected. Please do keep in mind we do have a bible belt. Percentages in this region is far less. Anyway, in the end, one kid died of measles and it's side effects since 1976. I call that a win.

Let me explain this one a little better. We started vaccinating the weak and elderly first. The whole elderly home has had their vaccin. As we know, it is not a 100% fix, so Corona struck again. People were infected a second time. One person died. The cause of death was not mentioned, nor confirmed it was Corona. The news just said : Outbreak, one died. Could be Corona, could be a heart attack, or just old age.

I looked it up. It was the 2nd of April. It was AstraZeneca, and 400.000 people were vaccinated. 7-10 days after the vaccination 5 women had cases of trombosis and one died because of this. AstraZeneca was immediately banned as vaccin for people aged under 60. This ban was not lifted until further investigation took place. I remind you that "under 60" is currently not vaccinated unless you work in healthcare, or you have weak health, obesitas or you have mental disabilities like Down Syndrome.

Yes I do. We are in a state of lockdown since some months. We test people who have symptoms, or family/friends are infected. Putting a rough number on it : 6-8000 people are tested positive daily. If we keep the lockdown until 50% of the population has tested positive, we reach that point a 1000 days from now. If we keep on vaccinating, we are done this summer.

It's a prisoners dilemma. You could opt not to be vaccinated. You run the risk of getting infected. You could opt to get vaccinated. You run the risk of side effects. We've had some cases where people refused the vaccin, and then got the disease. I do not know why they refused, but after being so close to death (hospital was allowed to twitter the lung pictures) they wish they had not refused.

The pic itself :
    128png.png

The difference between lab rats and a human population is that the physical condition of the rats is known. The condition of the human population is not. We know some need special care because of certain medication. Others might have a drinking problem, are on drugs or have other serious health issues which may or may not be known. Mass vaccination without knowing the prior situation could have surprising effects.

Let's put these together. You can split a population in Nay/Yay and I don't fucking care sayers. You won't hear those who don't give a fuck. You will hear the Nay sayers. But, will you hear the group which supports the government? Maybe, but certainly not as loud as the nay sayers. Nobody here is protesting for the government. All protests are against them. One doctor started the petition, 400.000 people signed. A few protesting groups would attend too, so what an event for 10.000 should be, went to be a demonstration and things spiraled out of control.

Let's face it. We have 2 options here. Either get ourself vaccinated like government wants us to, or refuse collectively. It means enjoying life with friends and family this summer, or maybe enjoy in 2024. Be our own prisoner.

14. joep

joep Trusted.Member

Sorry...I couldn't pass up this one!

Tumblr_l_176876051839036.jpg

15. neon zone

neon zone Trusted Member

Is the 1 death global or national?
    Measles vaccine has had far more then 1 death especially when you consider new born/baby vaccination which will not be reported as vaccine death or explained.

AstraZeneca has had worldwide deaths but non new source has said it was stopped after 1 death. Can you give me the title of the news?

This is important. It's reported at the same time as the 41 deaths in UK, all of the deaths are not claimed to be linked to covid. If you have heard their excuses for this they will blame the death on other drugs they may have used even if they have had no issues until this time. If you want to take consider mortality you should consider all deaths that happened few days after vaccination.

How did you and everyone else survive when they had a cold or flu but did not receive the latest vaccine, do you really believe everyone that get's covid dies unless they are vaccinated despite the medical administration stating it does not stop you from getting covid or spreading it.

You can get infected even if you got the vaccine.

You have some cases where people got the vaccine and suffered serious illness a few days later.

Same is true for some people who had serious illness.

Flu has similar picture for those who had pneumonia.

That makes it worse as you are testing on someone you don't know anything about, it could be said that this is a mad scientist experiment.

You do by their own compliance or campaigns which will be allowed.

They support BLM, the scientist and medical professional sad "it is more important then covid" and should be allowed, this then became the group every protest compared against to claim why it is needed.

The Nay sayers enjoy life with their friends family and are not waiting for the government, you can wait for 2024 for you government to give you back your freedom.

16. Dracoa

Dracoa Trusted.Member

The Great Reset.

Frankly, I only intend to get the vaccine so that I can possibly go on a cruise later this year with family.

17. Bierminister

Bierminister Trusted Member

I don't support vaccine passport for COVID-19, at least not as app. In Germany, we have the possibility to download a written certificate as pdf, when you are fully vaccinated. The government tells everybody, the certificate is unforgeable. Yeah! It's unforgeable for people who aren't able to use a pdf-Compiler. ;) I won't get vaccinated, because I don't believe the whole myth. But my parents are vaccinated, both. They don't want to carry their vaccination passport all the time and everytime, because it is very unwieldy. So they asked me to download their written certificate as pdf, because they aren't versed with computers. I printed both of them and gave them to my parents, but I left the pdf on my computer. At this opportunity, I took the certificate from my father and changed the dates with PDF24-Creator. Probably it won't work in a detailed verification (for a flight p. e.), but I works in pubs, cafés, zoos, stadions etc. A pub owner oder a stadion steward doesn't want to check any dates. He sees: "OK, he has a paper - that's enough." He wants to let you in, because you spend your money there. :)

Brutus58 likes this.
  18. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

I dont support it. That said? You should care a little if others dont. Because? The more people it can pass through? The more it can mutate. Not talking about the US. Talking about a "macro" world view. If it mutates too much? We go to annual boosters or new round of new Vax.

Brutus58 likes this.
  19. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

That's not quite correct. The more of the virus there is, the more chance for mutation is true, but most mutations will die out and not spread. What causes the increase in mutations and the spread of these mutations is to make it more difficult for the virus to spread. If the current virus is easily spread then mutations can't take hold, but if you vaccinate and make the current virus hard to spread then the next most viable mutation that the vaccine doesn't affect will start to spread. So vaccinating people causes more virus mutations to occur and not vaccinating people slows down the spread of mutations. You can't win either way, the virus will do what ever it can to spread, so the best solution is to treat the people so they survive the symptoms and the less optimum solution is to kill the virus.

Brutus58 and Dane like this.
  20. Danny taylor

Danny taylor Trusted Member

We continue to fight and argue about commonsense health problems. This pandemic is not going away anytime soon. We can't even agree that there is a pandemic. It amazes me that a small virus is of concern to 50% of the population and ignored by 50 %of the population. Should we isolate at home yes/no. Should we wear masks yes/no. Should we get vaccinated yes/no. Should we distribute the vaccines to other countries yes/no.

Too many want to go out with out masks and not receive the vaccine they want stockpiled. This virus will continue to mutate and infect and kill. Unless there is a true miracle this virus will be with us for a very long time.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.