1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Thoughts on Canadian elections?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by MilaHot, Sep 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Well, what are your thoughts on the 2021 Elections in Canada? Was Trudeau right to starts election during the pandemic, even if he said he wouldn't? Is it normal that the Political Parties didn't denounce the racism against the Quebec in the English Leaders' Debate?
    There are sooooo many things to say about these elections, but I'm curious as to what other people think about 'em.

2. orly6666

orly6666 Trusted.Member

I think it should be illegal to hold an federal election before the 4 year date, unless the government loses an non confidence vote in Parliament. Calling it during a pandemic just made it that much worse for me.
    I believe that Justin is a complete phony and never should have been PM.
    I haven't watched the English debate yet (planning on it) so i can't comment on the racism...

MilaHot likes this.
  3. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Well, the moderator was supposed to ask a question to the leader of the Bloc Quebecois, but turned the question to make it look like the Quebec was racist and that he was supporting a racist people. She was racist against the Quebec, but... Its a racism that's accepted in Canada. It sucks.

4. pussycat

pussycat Administrator Staff Member

Trudeau looked at the polls and thought he could snatch a majority with a well timed election call. It's not going to work out the way he planned, a lot of people are a bit pissed with him. I think in the end very little will change, we'll still have a Liberal minority.

I didn't like the Quebec bit either, I thought it was way out of line. And ultimately pointless.

MilaHot likes this.
  5. Roger Karstens

Roger Karstens Trusted Member

There are some advantages and disadvantages to a parliamentary system. Trying to game the system is one of the advantages when you think you can get an easy win, time will tell how this turns out for him in the end. Leader in a marginally weaker position at the end doesn't look like a win.

6. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Wel, its hilarious. The Federal Elections costed 612 millions dollars, for 37,5 millions Canadians... And NOTHING changed. Trudeau thought he'd have more seats... but its the same number of seats for pretty much every parties... So he just wasted 612 million dollars for elections NO ONE wanted.. and he didn't even got the majority he wanted.. Congrats Trudeau xD

7. Roger Karstens

Roger Karstens Trusted Member

Might as well have taken $600C put it in a paper bag and set it on file.

8. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

He should have given 1 million to everyone in Canada rather than just waste that much money..

But hey, its Trudeau! Its what he does best: taking stupid decisions lol

9. orly6666

orly6666 Trusted.Member

I wouldn't call it hilarious.... Not sure what to call it.
    In a normal party, Justin would have to resign after a fuckup like this, but the Liberal Party brass aren't going to call for his head because they instructed him to call an election.
    Justin doesn't have a brain in his head to make any political or policy decisions.
    About the only thing Jason Kenney has gotten right is when he said that Justin has the political depth of a finger bowl.
    Just amazes me that people elected this phony fool as Prime Minister 3 times.

MilaHot likes this.
  10. pussycat

Trudeau will survive, he's a lot smoother than you might think. I think most people just looked at the options and voted Liberal by default. Waste of time and money.

It's Jason Kenney's s ass that's on the line. Doesn't bother me any, Alberta voted him in and they got what they deserve.

11. sockpuppet

sockpuppet Trusted.Member

Is it true that our Inspector Gadget is now a member of the Canadian Parliament?

12. whitecoffee1

whitecoffee1 Moderator Staff Member

We are a fantasy forum. It is true, if you want it to be. :rolleyes:

13. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

To be fair, as a middle upstate NYer? Who goes to Canada, Quebec Provence specifically, not that rarely? I have seen more Quebecois who are douches that look down on non French Speakers than not.

14. orly6666

orly6666 Trusted.Member

Jason Kenney's political career is done like dinner, he won't be able to be elected dog catcher in the future.

15. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Actually, there are a LOT of racist English Canadians that send lies in the medias in other countries to make the Quebecers look like assholes. But true, there are some Quebecer assholes. But then again, there are assholes everywhere. But the Canadian media is doing a lot of propaganda to blame the Quebec for their own problems

And I can say that many Americans coming to the Quebec come here thinking they own the place, which may be why some are assholes with them. American tourists are often... arrogant. So before calling us douches, think about how your own countrymen are acting in the lands they visit lol. The Quebec has to face hostile English Canadians quite often.. so yeah, we take it badly when english speakers come into the province, a French province, to tell us 'Speak White' (I've heard that)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2021
  16. pussycat

From the viewpoint of an Ontario / Nova Scotia native:
    (note: French is not my native language, but I can carry on a conversation in it)

Half the French speaking population of Quebec are completely nuts. (they're not really, they're just French).
    The other half have actually been outside of Quebec at some point and are perfectly normal.

OK, that was said in jest, but there is a grain of truth to it. There is an element in Quebec who truly believe that the Squareheads (translation = English speakers) in the rest of Canada hate them. We don't. We just don't understand them.
    We actually don't have anything against Quebec at all, we just don't think you're any more special than any other part of Canada. And most of us don't have a problem with the French language laws. It's your province, do what you want.
    Those Quebecers who travel outside seem to realize this, and then they go back home, and nobody believes them.

Some observations:

If you have Ontario plates on your car, it may get vandalized in some areas of Quebec.
    If you have Quebec plates in Ontario, your car is safe, but the locals will probably duck and cover (we've seen some of you drive).

And for the record, I hate cities. Any of them. Except Montreal, it will always have a special place in my heart. A few people here will know why.

Dane and orly6666 like this.
  17. orly6666

orly6666 Trusted.Member

I've been to Quebec 3 times (Albertan) and loved every visit, and would not hesitate to go back, but I'm trying to see new places rather than a fourth time to the same place.
    Like Mila stated there are assholes everywhere, but i didn't meet any on my three visits. :)

18. pussycat

No.

Didn't Mars offer him political asylum?

sockpuppet and whitecoffee1 like this.
  19. sockpuppet

sockpuppet Trusted.Member

He hasn't asked for it so far as I know.

20. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

My brother's car was vandalized in Ontario, because he had Quebec plates.

Its false to say that the Quebecers who never left the Quebec are 'paranoid' or anything. If Canada has nothing against the Quebec, why all the Quebec Bashing and, most important, why was the racist comment accepted in the English Leaders' Debate?
    CAnada don't understand the Quebec, yet they call it Racist everytime the Quebec tries to do anything at all.

And before you go with the 'Squareheads', don't forget that Canadians call Quebecers 'frogs'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.