1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Those little pleasures that give Magic to Life.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Star_of_sea, Dec 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star_of_sea

Star_of_sea Collector of ephemeral moments.

It would be about sharing those small pleasures, private or public, repeated with certain assiduity or enjoyed in a punctual way, that are always missed when they are not had and enjoyed when they are repeated after some time, those pleasures that make you smile and feel when you remember them, living, for an ephemeral moment, that special and unique Magic that every sweet and intense memory has

2. Star_of_sea

Star_of_sea Collector of ephemeral moments.

For me, one of those moments of life's little pleasures are those Sunday mornings, with no exams the following week, no research papers to hand in to a teacher, no social commitments, when the Valencian summer sun on the sea or the winter sun that takes on an ephemeral intensity, shine with their brightness without shyness and their arrogant warmth. At times like this, Mom and I arrive at the terrace of the house, with a tray of different kinds of cheese, from a soft Normandy cheese to a strong flavoured Idiazabal, sometimes accompanied by strawberries that still remind us of the freshness of the fridge, crunchy nuts without the protection of their peel, or raw vegetables in sharp pain. We accompany all this with a soft wine, of daring youth, of which they are a gift for the nose and a soft caress for the palate, those careful cabernet-sauvignon grapes that are our favourites, with their pure and brilliant flavour. Mom and I lie down on the deckchairs on the terrace, with the cheese and wine table between us, and let the morning go by languidly, without haste or mishap, that simply perfect moment where mom and I are the owners of the time, sometimes with comments, sometimes in silence, sometimes listening to the sound of the waves of the nearby sea or simply mom's routine breathing. We tasted the cheese heated by the sun, acquiring its intense flavour, accompanied by a small sip of wine. I like to see mum in those moments, far away from schedules, work, responsibilities and worries, from the daily alarm clock. Resting on her deck chair, the skin of her legs that begins where her shorts end, the rhythmic movement of her tits by her breathing, her arm naked from her shoulder. I like to gently caress with my fingertips the skin of her thighs, of her arm, to feel the heat of the sun penetrating her. Sometimes she covers her face with a straw hat, country and informal, and I listen to her humming any song with a whisper, soft and rhythmic, numbing. I like to contemplate mom in those moments and I know for sure that she knows she is being watched by me and she lets herself be watched by me. Sometimes she looks at me, smiles and her eyes tell me everything. In moments like these, no words are necessary.

Visoflex and orly6666 like this.
  3. whitecoffee1

whitecoffee1 Moderator Staff Member

In Germany we have the tradition that some people go hiking at May 1st.

On time during our hiking we stopped at a small restaurant with "outdoor-service-area" enjoying some drinks ands snacks.

At one moment a hornet landet on my hand. The others starting to panic and telling me to watch out. I just carefully lifted my hand and just starred at the animal crawling around my hand for about 10 minutes with a fascination I can't put into words. At one point the hornet just simply flew away.

I had many awesome experiences with animals during my life, but that one with the hornet is my favorite.

londonboy49 and Star_of_sea like this.
  4. Deepdiver

Deepdiver Spice is nice, but incest is best

There have been many moments in my life that have given me the Zen Moment, the Wow Factor, the Spiritual Insight, or the Universe is showing me something - whatever you want to call it.
    I was in the room for the birth of both of my children. I helped deliver my daughter. To see a life come forth from a woman is one of the most amazing things to see.
    Several times, while diving, I have seen amazing things. One of the most amazing was a pod of dolphins that swam around me, at night, and some even came right up to me so that I could touch them. It lasted about 30 minutes, until my air ran low.
    Once, a wild kangaroo came up to me while I was walking the trail between work and home. If you have ever been up close to a big red (male) you know they can seriously hurt you or even kill you. It was wild and I was not afraid - don't know why, but a peace and calm came over me. It slowly hopped to stand right in front of me. It watched me for a few minutes - just an arm length away from me. I reached into my backpack and found the left over apple from lunch. I slowly presented the apple to the big red. He took it from my hands and took a sniff, then he jumped away, into the spinifex grass. For anyone that has ever had the displeasure to wander into that grass will know how amazing it is that kangaroos can get through that grass.
    Again, I was diving off the west coast of Australia and a whale shark swam right by me. I grabbed the dorsal fin and had a short ride. That was amazing.
    Doing a shore entry dive at night, just as the full moon is making the height of ascension on a clear night. It was in the Marianna Islands and the night was clear and there was no wind. When the dive was over, I just inflated my BCD and watch the sky. Amazing. So calming. The universe is so fast and we can only see a micro fraction of that beauty.
    Sitting on the top of Mt. Cecelia, MT and watching the sun come up on a pristine snow scene.
    Watching the sun come up in Melbourne beach and then driving to St. Pete to watch the sun go down. Yeah, sunrise and sun set on both coasts.
    So many others...

Star_of_sea likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.