1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Looking for Your Comments about the Forum, Good or Bad.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Curmudgeon, Feb 19, 2019.

1. mt3926

mt3926 Account Deleted

My only complaint is having to wait AGAIN. I had an account about a year ago, but can’t remember the username or which email address I used. Either that or it was deleted.

2. Ura

Ura Trusted Member

Difficult registration. Pictures are difficult to collect. But the forum is very interesting at first glance.

3. Aandy

Aandy Trusted Member

So far so good! I can’t wait to get my 10 comments and 10 days in! I’m excited to explore more!

4. ukPAKISTANI

ukPAKISTANI Trusted Member

love this forum

5. Olivier

Olivier Trusted Member

I enjoy it so far

6. changoTor

changoTor Trusted Member

This is my first day, and I must say, I'm very impressed so far.

It's nice to have intelligent, literate discussions with intelligent, literate people!!

Now, having said that, I THINK I'm literate, but my spelling can be pretty damn suspect. Is there a spell check somewhere on here that I'm just not seeing?

I'm currently using the copy/paste into Word system, to keep from totally embarassing myself.

Thanks, and glad to be here!

7. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Like it so far, but the 'having to wait for 10 days' is a bit long lol. The people have been super welcoming so far, its cool

changoTor and Ausstde like this.
  8. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

The text editor has spell check. Try making a post with spelling errors. Words not recognized are underlines with a red line. Clicking on the word will bring up suggested spellings.

changoTor likes this.
  9. changoTor

changoTor Trusted Member

Looks like I had spell check disabled in my browser, don't ask me why.

Once I turned it back on, it works in the text editor just as you described, errors are red underlined and suggested spellings on click.

Thank you, so much easier!!

10. Divadoll

Divadoll Trusted Member

I always needed somebody to discuss about my thoughts. So long I was so guilty about it. Now this community opened a new door. Thank you

11. Thoughtscape

Thoughtscape Trusted Member

Posting 10 messages to become trusted is a little much for me - I don't think I have that much interesting to say!
    Well, I guess this is one more!

12. himion

himion Trusted Member

First impressions;

What are we doing right?

I'll give you an E for effort!

What can we do to improve the forum?

Personally, I'd like to see more options for one's own profile. Such as stuff like a bio, interests... really whatever one might have to say or want to have on their page- even if just for fun! I know not everyone would make use of such things, but some would. Even a sort of blog space could be ideal ❔

13. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

There is an area in your profile for personal information. Under the tab for personal details is a text box where you can post personal likes and details.

Some members use their profile page as a blog. You can make profile posts and others can respond to them.

Dominic Decoco and MilaHot like this.
  14. himion

himion Trusted Member

Okay, I will look into that. Thx 4 the reply!

15. Mkiba66

Mkiba66 New Member

So far so good! I can’t wait to get my 10 comments and 10 days in! I’m excited to see what all there is here!!!

16. Chumm1

Chumm1 Trusted Member

The gatekeeping is a key part of why this place has not turned into a swamp, 10 posts and 10 days is too much for coomers and trolls.

Dominic Decoco likes this.
  17. Yunghungstud

Yunghungstud Trusted Member

Just out of curiosity does the timer you have to wait through after you post something still occur when you become a trusted member?

18. whitecoffee1

whitecoffee1 Moderator Staff Member

No.

When you are a Trusted Member you can make your next post right after your last post.

Chumm1 likes this.
  19. Yunghungstud

Yunghungstud Trusted Member

Perfect, yea I figured it was a way to stop bots and all that

20. Xav

Xav Moderator Staff Member

It amazes me how many people whinge about the 10 day wait and 10 post minimum to become trusted.

That is by far the best security 'door' I have ever come across. I was posting on another site and putting up with less than favorable behaviour by members and mods alike. A friend/follower directed me here and I am forever grateful for that.

I have no complaints whatsoever, to me the site is everything it should be. I can post here safely in the knowledge that my status is protected by the secure 'entry system' and by the moderators, who really make me feel safe here. And are friendly as all fuck!

Even when I found myself on the receiving end of a 'hand slap' (which I deserved) due to a heated response, it served to remind me that the site is well regulated.

And if you look back far enough, most of the '10 day' whingers have since gone. So as far as I'm concerned, it's doing the job it's supposed to: protecting the genuine users who intend to be here for the long term.