1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Just Because It's Beautiful

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamie jackson, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Even before this pandemic, health care workers never had the time to have a "huddle" and listen to some sort of pep talk. We hit the floor running only to stop running after our shift ended. Sometimes not even then with mandatory overtime. I can't even imagine what sort of hell the nurses, aides, techs and docs live through day by day currently. ONLY to put themselves AND their family at risk daily to help others in need. I think we should have a national "Health Care Workers Day" in recognition of the service they have provided.

2. Star_of_sea

Star_of_sea Collector of ephemeral moments.

When the whole pandemic started, my grandmother and uncles wanted me to go and live with them, to avoid a possible infection transmitted by mum, but I refused outright, whatever happens to mum would happen to me, I would be with her by her side, I could not allow mum to come every day to an empty and cold house. That is why I know the subject on the front line, in the trenches, not in the comfortable and pleasant offices of the generals miles away from the battle line against the COVID-19. I know what it's like to have your mother work fourteen hours a day and come home shattered, I know what it's like to argue with her every day because she doesn't even have the strength to eat, she just wants to sleep, I know what it's like to come home at 8 in the morning and at 9 at night to be called up because she has no doctors in the hospitals, I know what it is like when they are not given the means to defend themselves from the disease and yet they continue to assist the sick, I know what it is like when the phone rings in case you get the bad news that you have been infected mom and won't be coming home. I know what it's like to see the person you love being torn apart, day by day. A few days ago, the Minister of Health issued an order prohibiting meetings of more than six people. Forty-eight hours later, he attended a dinner with 150 people, has not resigned and nobody has fined him. Politicians are parasites. There is no money to hire new doctors and nurses but there is money for their parties and to give a job to their friends in the administration in a job that does not work at all. Last weekend the doctors and nurses took to the streets and stripped naked to express how the government has left them in the face of the pandemic. The only strength to go on is when, in my mother's arms, she kisses my head and says "now the mother is you, my love, you are the one who is taking care of me".

butterfly, leftout4, joep and 2 others like this.
  3. Star_of_sea

And if all that is not enough, there are still stupid and brainless people who say that the disease is a big lie, that it does not exist.

"There are two infinite things: the Universe and human stupidity", Albert Einstein

4. Star_of_sea

5. joep

joep Trusted.Member

6. soreat

soreat Trusted Member

i like tiger

7. leftout4

leftout4 Trusted.Member

Between Mother Nature and Humans, Mother may lead but Humans are a close second. Thank you, grand posts..

8. Star_of_sea

9. Easymobee

Easymobee New Member

Some great saves here.

10. londonboy49

londonboy49 Trusted.Member

11. joep

joep Trusted.Member

12. joep

joep Trusted.Member

13. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

Hey joep
    Looking at this thread in reminds me of Gadget always adding great pictures.
    Has anyone seen him on the site?

14. joep

joep Trusted.Member

Not recently.

15. londonboy49

londonboy49 Trusted.Member

16. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

What's that?
    Just joking. I'm way old enough to know what is.

Akbloke, joep, Brutus58 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Yeah, it's a first generation hard drive.

18. joep

joep Trusted.Member

19. Akbloke

Akbloke Ex Pig-Fixer "Videmus Agamis"

These underwater pics must take quite a bit to set-up so that they don't get any air bubbles within the photo. They obviously have extra people nearby with the scuba gear.....

Thanks again Joep and Londonboy. Appreciate your efforts in these threads.

Brutus58, itshot, joep and 1 other person like this.
  20. Star_of_sea