1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

January 6th: Insurrection, Riot, or Protest

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Mar 19, 2023.

?

What do you think the incident that happened in Washington DC on Jan 6th, 2021 is:

1. Insurrection

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. Riot

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Protest

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Terrorism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Overblown

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. Other

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

More and more information is being released about what happened at the U.S. Capitol on January 6th, 2021. What do people think actually happened on Jan 6th.

2. Neophyte

3. Neophyte

4. Neophyte

5. Neophyte

6. Bud44

Bud44 Trusted Member

I think it is a giant joke. Political agenda at its best. The country I fought fir and lost brothers and sisters defending is being destroyed by people that are untouchable. I think we where actually fighting the wrong war we should be fighting the politicians

LuckyDuck and X_puritan_X like this.
  7. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

So it is other. In my "youth" (at 42 going on 43 I can start saying that)? I remember how fast a JOKE turned into REAL BAD.

Sleep Away camp. 1996. My first councelor year. Olympics were the 5 days of the gap between "sessions" for the kids there both sessions. The last night (I was a camper for 5 years before), we would always chant "Lazy Day" and they would give us only a Late Day. Meaning after an 11:30 end we got to get up at a whopping 8 instead of 7. That year me and 4 friends decided to jokingly goad our younger teen friends, as "councilors" now to push for that Lazy day. 11 am. Fast forward to louder and louder Lazy Day from the Seniors. Then the Inters. 20 minutes later the kids were in mini riot and the "Adults" meaning [EDIT] were fighting a tide coming up the hill.

The point? A protest can become more really fast when someone pushes it, whether as a joke or intentionally. I do believe there were MANY who were just there to protest. Lets call protest the 98 group. The 1 group had REAL BAD INTENTION. The 1-A (not amendment, just alternate) had "chaos" in mind not malice per se. 1 and 1-a triggered 98 to split into 85 and 13. Now 13 hit riot and rushed the doors. Started calling for hanging Pence. And 85 really just still protested. This is not black and white. There are shades of grey we have no names for to that question.

Take it from someone who has had to sort smaller but slightly similar types of protest sorting outs. Never black and white.

Example. Shaman was just a nutball there for chaos and clicks. I do believe that Babbit was a tragedy, but should have stopped trying to get through the damned window and should have stayed outside.

Folks. The Building has a cute name. "The People's House". It is NOT, repeat not, once again not PUBLIC PROPERTY inside the doors. And sometimes not even the plaza during certain situations.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2023
  8. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Its an insurrection, no matter how much propaganda saying otherwise the Trumpist fanatics make

9. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Oh dear! I shall be late!

I think it was a mostly peaceful protest. It was also a Winter of love.

Jumpit likes this.
  10. Neophyte

11. Neophyte

12. Lian

Lian Friendly One

Say that to the guys destroying windiws, beating security guards, threatening the lives of the people working in the Capitol

tasha351 likes this.
  13. tasha351

tasha351 Lesbian trusted member

Keep living in your delusional reality

Rubber duck 2 and Lian like this.
  14. Neophyte

I see the sarcasm went way over your head. It could be he's not the one living in a delusion.

Jumpit likes this.
  15. tasha351

I understand sarcasm but I don’t feel that’s something that was an insurrection made out to be funny

Rubber duck 2 likes this.
  16. Neophyte

You're living in a delusional world where you do not realize that what he said was a quote from a news report that he was using to make fun of your belief. Thus his sarcasm went over your head and you don't even know where the quote came from..

Jumpit likes this.
  17. tasha351

So if I believe that it was an insurrection makes me delusional well the majority of the people in the USA believe it was an insurrection, so who is delusional now

Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
    Lian, Daddy's Home and Rubber duck 2 like this.
  18. Daddy's Home

Daddy's Home Trusted.Member

How are there still US citizens who think Jan. 6th was anything but a violent insurrection against the US government?

Tucker's video is so misleading it is almost laughable...if the situation wasn't so horrid.

This guy's analysis is equally as horrid, but what makes it grossly unfathomable, is that he seems to think he "understand" what is going on when the police are letting the insurrectionists into the building.

Let's say you are the police agency tasked with protecting Congress.

1) The sitting POTUS and his clown car of hateful idiots finished a inciting a large group of angry supporters by telling them they needed to go down to Congress to "Stop the Steal!"
    2) The U.S. Capitol building is over 1.5 million square feet, has over 600 rooms, and miles of corridors.

It is a widely recognized icon of the American people and government. The U.S. Capitol's design was selected by President George Washington in 1793 and construction began shortly thereafter.

The U.S. Capitol is among the most architecturally impressive and symbolically important buildings in the world.

So, it is a historically significant and important building.

3) The United States Capitol Police has the primary responsibility for protecting life and property, preventing, detecting, and investigating criminal acts, and enforcing traffic regulations throughout a complex of congressional buildings, parks, and thoroughfares. The Capitol Police has primary jurisdiction within buildings and grounds of the United States Capitol Complex.

4) Despite employing 1,879 sworn officers as of September 2020, a congressional inquiry forced USCP to admit that on January 6th, only 195 officers were deployed to interior or exterior posts at the U.S. Capitol and 276 more were assigned to the Department’s seven civil disturbance unit platoons. Source: Forbes

So, you have a massive and historically important building that is being protected by less than 200 officers.

The officers are seeing and hearing this mob of angry, violent protesters - according to the US Attorneys Office, District of Columbia, approximately 140 police officers were assaulted Jan. 6 at the Capitol including about 80 U.S. Capitol Police and about 60 from the Metropolitan Police Department.

The officers hear on their radios that the building has already been breeched and that the elected officials have been evacuated to safety.

Their next duty is to protect the historic building as much as possible. Do you, as an officer, continue to try to block the protestors from entering the building, causing even more damage, or do you let them in so as to avoid even more damage?

Apparently this is completely misunderstood by MAGA supporters.

It's like a burglar who claims it wasn't stealing because the door was unlocked!

Lian and tasha351 like this.
  19. Neophyte

20. Pat Hotter

Pat Hotter Moderator Staff Member

People hurt, death, vandalism, and the interruption of the democratic process. No other word for it Insurrection

Lian likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.