1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Help recall Gavin Newsom (California Governor)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Curmudgeon, Jan 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Moderator Staff Member

Gavin Newsom is doing everything he can to destroy the California economy.

There is a recall effort that has a chance of getting enough signatures to force a recall vote.

If you would like to help you can get a recall petition from https://recallgavin2020.com/petition/

jetme777 and Dane like this.
  2. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

The last I heard you were half way there. It was a while go. Is there some way that the asshole can block it?

3. Curmudgeon

I read that it was about half way to their signature goal and a judge extended the submission deadline by 90 days to allow for delays caused by the pandemic. I also read that he has pissed off many of his fellow radical liberals that they are now supporting a recall eff0rt. I also saw somewhere that someone donated several million dollars to help. With that they can pay for signature collectors.

4. TopGun

TopGun Trusted.Member

I saw an update few days ago that said they’ve got 55% of signatures needed already

5. TopGun

TopGun Trusted.Member

Need 1,495,709 signatures to get it on the ballot and have 55% of those. they need to get that idiot gone or California won’t recover from the damage he is doing to the State

6. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky Trusted.Member

Checked the link and the first thing that came up in my mind was The Godfather part 2.

Unfortunately I am not living in California, so I can't help here.

7. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

Their goal was to get 1,5000,000 signatures, they current have over 900,000. That's about 75%. Along with the 90 day extension someone donated over a million dollars to help with the expenses.

8. TopGun

TopGun Trusted.Member

Well hopefully they can get the signatures needed bc he needs to be recalled. California is dying quickly and he is doing all he can to finish it off in my opinion

9. Neophyte

One thing in California's favor, is that California has recalled a governor before. Grey Davis was recalled not to long ago. Also California is the only state to recall people on their state supreme court, aka Rose Bird and her flunkies'. Of course this was back when the Democrats were less corrupt than they are now.

It seems to be that all of these antigovernment actions have been because of the Democrats. If they were gone, California would be a much nicer place.

10. TopGun

TopGun Trusted.Member

Americans are going to wake up to all of the corruption at local, State and Federal levels and we are going to see a Revolution soon
    I did not think it would ever happen in my life time but now I fear it is near

11. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

If you can't recall the bastard, shoot him.

12. Orange1111

Orange1111 Trusted Member

I'm fairly left-leaning, but Newsom needs to go. You can't be smug about "doing what's best" with the current pandemic then rescind those orders solely because you're scared of a recall. If what you truly believe is necessary to curb the pandemic, lose the election with dignity.

13. Curmudgeon

If you live in California, be sure to sign the petition and tell a friend.

14. Neophyte

1.5 million signatures have been collected as of today. The goal is to collect 2 million signatures before the dead line of March 17, 2021. The additional signatures are needed to try and counter act the Democrats plan to disqualify as many signature as they can get away with. They already changed it so online petitions signing was made illegal. They changed it to require signature verification with valid US id. They disqualified any non-citizen signature even though they allowed it for the presidential election. The Democrats are going to try all kinds of things to get the recall thrown out. Biden may even issue an Executive Order making Californian citizens votes invalid.

Dane likes this.
  15. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Amazing, not really, that the Democrats are requiring a valid ID to sign a petition about a governor but not one to vote for a president.
    Hypocrites to the max.

16. TopGun

TopGun Trusted.Member

I agree with you 100%. Refuse to make law that ID be provided to vote but now must show ID to recall
    Set some standards and go by them. Can’t have it both ways

Dane likes this.
  17. Neophyte

18. Neophyte

itshot likes this.
  19. Neophyte

20. Neophyte

Thread Status: