1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Have You Been Brainwashed

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by Neophyte, Aug 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

The brainwashing starts when we are born. We are raised in a society that brainwash us to be a good citizen. To be a 'mainstream' person. So.. yeah, brainwash is real lol. But it's how life is, we are influenced by everything around us, by the laws, the customs, everything

Incs likes this.
  2. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

Problem is this. There are people who claim that there WAS fraud. Then when every audit shows otherwise? "Well?! Obviously the DEEP STATE" or some other oggie boogie "IS JUST HIDING IT STILL!". And think that is FACT.

MilaHot, changoTor and Incs like this.
  3. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

4. Bierminister

Bierminister Trusted Member

In Germany, the brainwashing is operated by the public service broadcasters. They belly brushes the Left and Green Parties and they fight the Conservative Parties.

5. Neophyte

6. Neophyte

Liberal's are predominately against Voter ID Laws, because they have been told that they are Racist. Liberal's believe that Minorities are to inferior to be able to effectively acquire a Voter ID and use it. So who is the real racist.

amiraj and Dane like this.
  7. Neophyte

Brutus58 likes this.
  8. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Republicans are brainwashed to think Democrats are corrupted and steal elections.
    Democrats are brainwashed to think Republicans do the same when they win.
    and none of them have proof of it, they just say it because they have been programmed to think the "other team" are bad guys and that "their team" are the good guys

Charles Fourier and orly6666 like this.
  9. Genesisx38

Genesisx38 Trusted Member

Neutrality and critical thinking is your key to break the cycle. Being overly passionate about one subject already has chances of tilt since most likely your view is a result from some external influence

Dane likes this.
  10. Downnhill

Downnhill Trusted.Member

Personally I think distinction between indoctrination and brainwashing is rather thin. We get influenced everyday, on every direction. More so today as technology has revolutionized the way we share knowledge. And how we share it. And the way we share it. Same topic can have 10 different opinions, and all the opinions can be heard if we want so.

As younger I thought how cool it would move to USA, as it was seen as land of opportunity. Later on I started to think that they are bit full of them selfs. Not all of them but majority. Nowdays... Let's just say that I rather keep my opinions for myself. But its not just USA that has lost its glimmering golden halo. Even my own country is in sharing my disgruntlement of the way how things are done. And it's because that said increased influence that is bombarded to people for every direction. Everything for everyone in every flavour. It's chaos, and I find it rather maddening.

USA is so easy to use as example as it simply is super power in this planet. That has lead them to certain amount of arrogance that they even themselfs (not all of them... but you know what I mean) believes it.

This is what I mean:

Dane and MilaHot like this.
  11. MilaHot

MilaHot Account Deleted

Wow, I LOVE this video. Super informative :D thanks for sharing

Downnhill likes this.
  12. amiraj

amiraj Trusted.Member

Well, going out with wet hair will get you cold is not totally wrong. Though not true for all, it depends on the "Prakriti/Body's nature". There are people who are prone to cold. They will definitely will get cold.
    The problem is, not the knowledge. But the knowledge being applied uniformly without going into the basic details of its exact area of applicability.

Its like, "barking dogs won't bite" but actually, many can :p:p

13. buffyfan

To be fair? They are not. They are, the majority, against laws passed a few months before an election. In a state that shut down DMVs to "save money" and charge for the IDs.

You can win over many Liberals on it with "On the spot, with proper other proofs, IDs at any PD.". None of this "nominal fee of 50-100 dollars, we will mail it to you in 6-8 weeks".

Incs likes this.
  14. buffyfan

To be fair, Dems do have one. Leslie Mcrae Dowless.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...lection-fraud-leslie-mcrae-dowless-indictment

He was indicted, but I believe he never stood trial as he died in 2022. In jail. On a SS fraud conviction.

15. Neophyte

I believe it was the Democrats that changed the election rules a couple of months before the election. Several of the changes were deemed unconstitutional after the election was over. Charging for Voter ID cards was a Democrat plan to make the ID unpopular.

16. MarkMoorer

MarkMoorer Trusted Member

Everyone is a victim. From marketing to social norms to peer pressure, it's all about controlling perception.

Incs, Brutus58 and pussycat like this.
  17. Duskwulf

Duskwulf Trusted Member

Humanity is by nature tribal, we form groups and classify things as friend or foe easily, as a sorting rubric. The issue is our current society has used psychological principles derived from our understanding of the human condition to manipulate and overpower our ability to reason with emotionally evocative stimuli.

Take the charities that show commercials of kids in the third world singing about having a Merry Christmas with the number to donate plastered on the screen. That's designed to emotionally manipulate people into giving them money by showing vulnerable children. Now the value or nobility of such a things is moot. The point is it's design is to accomplish a goal. Politics functions on a similar avenue with each party selecting a set of ideals that they think will appeal to an audience and then manipulating them into voting by associating their party with that ideal. ( Trump- 'MAGA' or Obama 'Hope and Change') its all designed to exploit our tribal nature and desire to belong.

The sad reality is that our tribal nature is a evolutionary adaptive trait it's easier to survive in a group. The problem facing our society isn't brainwashing per se but too many generations raise to value emotion over truth. We're sorting ourselves in to groups that feel good to us and that affirm our choices not into groups that will challenge us or demand we toil for something.

The fault lies with us, we chose to be comfortable to be affirmed in our virtue not thinking about the slippery slope and dismissing it as a fallacy. This willful ignorance of consequences allowed too many of us to be manipulated and controlled and now we have divisions that may never be healed and two tribes who live in two different worlds.

Odette likes this.
  18. Athenea

Athenea Some dream of a beautiful world, others create it. Staff Member

I do not believe in brainwashing, but in the implementation of social norms to be able to live in a society and be a person who is accepted by others. These norms are the ones that have allowed us to have and live in today's society, which may be very imperfect, but it is always better than hating everyone who is not the same. We call these standards politeness and diplomacy. People can be influenced if that is the aim of advertising, to create a need that you don't have. Nor are they rules that stay with you forever because many people change them. Anyone in Ins Dream who has an incest relationship would be an example that we are often free.

19. buffyfan

To be fair? The Far Left and Far Right act like cults.

I will give you two examples of the Far Left from my own experience. 1. Friend of 10+ years at that point? Posted a pic of herself. I told her she looked stunning. Her Militant Feminist sister PMs me saying "you never say that to a woman unless she specifically asks!". Back and forth over why it was even her business if I compliment her OLDER sister --. Finally I hit F it and asked the friend directly and she said "I dont care. I took it as a compliment. Why?". This was in an open FB post I asked her. I responded, in the open too "Your sister has been DMing me telling me it secretly offends you, but you wont say anything." The next response were her tagging her sister. "Lindsey, this has been discussed. Mom and Dad both told you if you ever do this again they will stop paying for your college!" to be clear her sister was always like that, "now I have to tell them, as you obviously wont stop.". The other? A gaggle of "Super mega ultra proud, Gay is my identity" folks. Who flipped out on me for not knowing the current extention past Q in LGBTQ. My response? Very clearly and calmly, "I am a 35 year old man with a job and a family. Knowing what the newest letter is is not my life, identity and being. This is how you slowly lose allies." and walked away.

On the far right it is more generalities. The amount of guys about to get their asses kicked that we have to defuse because some redneck cant follow our simple rules of "no hats" because they cant stand to take off their MAGA hat and try to play persecuted. BTW. You are refused at the door if you have ANY political clothing on. Will be thrown out if you try to hand out religious documents or preach on our property.

Hell the no politics rule in there goes so far as to the joke where people may be thrown out for calling me "Mr Mayor" (STILL CANT GET SOMEONE TO OPPOSE ME and keep winning every 2 years by default) because that is politics.

Dane likes this.
  20. Timex6X9

Timex6X9 Trusted Member

Most likely. To some degree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.