1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Guns and personal protection

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by goldie34, Dec 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AstaSilva

AstaSilva Trusted.Member

Shall not be infringed!

2. Zarp

Zarp Trusted.Member

Sadly it all goes out to states individual bill of rights. They are allowed in some cases to override the bill of rights which was spoken of. The very same one that grants us freedom of speech and the right to bear arms. They use this as a loophole to work around it.

When a state gets a supermajority of either Democrats or Republicans then things can go a bit one sided. Sadly as can be proven when it is Democrat’s that gain this feat on a state the very rights we have hard fought to earn over the years. Take for instance the most well known of these states. California, the democrats have pretty much ruined it. People are leaving in droves. There is no more middle class there. You are either rich or you are not. The taxation is outrageous. They have all but done away with the second amendment which is the right to bear arms. It has been systematically taken away for more than twenty years there.

To accomplish this the Democrats skew the facts about so called gun violence. Yes there are sadly people who are killed with guns. They use numbers against the people to ensure their own outcome. One such number they tend to bring up most is the number of violent crimes per 100,000 people. For example they state so called facts about states who allow personal concealed carry and support the second amendment. What they fail to clarify is this. Take for instance the democratic controlled city of Chicago. That one city which has some of the tightest gun control is also a city that accounts for as much or more of the the stat I mentioned earlier than entire states. That fact is never mentioned in their carefully controlled narrative to get rid of guns.

Akbloke and Brutus58 like this.
  3. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

In case you ever wanted to read aloud the Bill-of-Rights to students, you can't. Most states have a law that forbids the vocal reading, or even posting, the Bill-of-Rights on a college campus. It came about because of the informing young people of the 2nd amendment was believed to incite riots. I thing it started in DC and California.

4. itshot

itshot Trusted.Member

I bet that's true.

Brutus58 likes this.
  5. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

100% true. I got that bit of info from a lawyer friend who was a prof. of an university.

curiousFred and Brutus58 like this.
  6. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

I would like to know which state and university.

7. Dad's toy

Dad's toy Trusted.Member

I can tell you law school in their constitutional law classes ignore the Second /amendment.
    It's as if it doesn't exist

toy

Brutus58, Sifjaspell and Dane like this.
  8. raj789

raj789 Trusted Member

must for safety

9. Dane

Dane Account Deleted

Who's safety?? The criminal's??

10. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

I heard, in the 80's, when the ACLU built their new headquarters, they had a wall where they had posted the Bill of Rights, the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. The ACLU does not consider the 2nd amendment as a right of the people.

Brutus58 likes this.
  11. Dad's toy

Dad's toy Trusted.Member

They're coming around very slowly.
    But recently they've taken some 2A cases

toy

Brutus58 likes this.
  12. Neophyte

13. Neophyte

14. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

FINALLY!!!

15. Sifjaspell

Sifjaspell Happily Married Incest Daddy

It obviously took them some time to stomach the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in District of Columbia v. Heller.

Brutus58 likes this.
  16. INSWATCHER

INSWATCHER Trusted Member

gun laws should take into account safety

17. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

Define "safety". Yours? Mine? Blaming an OBJECT for criminal behavior is like blaming pens/pencils for bad grammar and bad spelling. What's next? Blaming automobiles for drunk driving? Knives for stabbings? When will the blame be placed on the criminals for their behavior and not the object(s)? It's almost looking like IDOL WORSHIP! (I'm not talking about Billy either)

Apologies for the rant. I've been doing a lot of thinking about this. Instead of KNEE JERK reacting to "feel better".

Zarp likes this.
  18. Neophyte

Brutus58 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.