1. As a guest you have limited access to the forums.
  2. Membership is free.
  3. So why not Sign up now!

Guns and personal protection

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Affairs' started by goldie34, Dec 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whenindoubtwhipitout

whenindoubtwhipitout Trusted.Member

Still waiting on my license to carry in the mail. My Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro came in a couple days ago. Holster on way from E-Bay.

Brutus58 and goldie34 like this.
  2. whenindoubtwhipitout

3. ThrushBrush02

ThrushBrush02 New Member

It'd be nice to live in a world where no weapons were needed.

4. texasj65

texasj65 Deviant Extraordinaire

Unfortunately, that has never been true for the entire existence of humans. Humans have always hurt each other. When "might makes right", weapons can be the evening factor.

curiousFred, Brutus58 and goldie34 like this.
  5. muffdiver

muffdiver RIP (1948-2017)

6. whenindoubtwhipitout

7. goldie34

goldie34 Just your friendly neighborhood golden man

Marcus Luttrell is the man tough dude.. The lone survivor... Well him and his brother both are tough as nails.. But you gotta remember you need a leader to leader and do what has to be done.. But we haven't had that in 8 years

Brutus58 and longing4sis like this.
  8. muffdiver

muffdiver RIP (1948-2017)

Teddy Roosevelt said walk softly but carry a big stick. In other words don't start trouble, but don't run from it either.

I had a friend tell me years ago that he was the example of a leader because he didn't tell his men to TAKE San Juan hill but to FOLLOW him up San Juan hill. That's the definition of leader when you fallow them not having them behind you.

9. Insp Gadget

Insp Gadget Trusted.Member

Not being conversant with this USA culture, I have never felt the need for a prosthetic for my manhood.​

curiousFred and Brutus58 like this.
  10. jim reeds

jim reeds Trusted Member

If you are pretty familiar with guns, consider buying from a reputable gun shop (not a pawn broker, etc.). Most good gun shops will have a good selection and staff that can help you with your buying decision. Caliber, barrel length, revolver vs. semi-auto, etc. are all important considerations and are very individual to what you intend to use the gun for. A gun that you are buying to carry (concealed or otherwise) is often a very different gun than the one that will live in a drawer or a safe and only be pulled out when needed. I don't recommend that you buy from a private party or a pawn shop unless you know what you are looking for, and know how to look for common problems.

11. Wafflestomper

Wafflestomper Trusted Member

Neither have I. Nor have I considered any type of tool to be a prosthetic for my manhood. In fact, I've always wondered where the idea that guns were a prosthetic of any kind came from.

curiousFred and Dane like this.
  12. Neophyte

Neophyte Administrator Staff Member

THE GREAT EQUALIZER-792876.jpg

curiousFred, oldman681, Dane and 2 others like this.
  13. Neophyte

14. whenindoubtwhipitout

15. Neophyte

oldman681 likes this.
  16. mgrle8

mgrle8 New Member

rip man

17. Flakes

Flakes Account Deleted

My S&W 5906 is ex-police issue. Never ever had a problem with it and I'll never replace it unless absolutely necessary.

18. buffyfan

buffyfan Moderator Staff Member

I rarely see armed guards in banks. The only ones I saw in 3 years in banking with 2 companies? The guys delivering the cash delivery. As in Garda security, not bank.

19. Neophyte

20. Brutus58

Brutus58 Trusted.Member

It's no more a prosthetic than a hockey stick or a hammer or a baseball bat. It's a tool used for a specific purpose. Many times tools are used for the wrong purpose.

curiousFred and Danny Boy 1966 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.